Everything done in the name of God doesn't make it right,nor does it mean God agrees with it. It was also Christians that fought against slavery and finally got it banned.
Correct, some Christians not all. But that is better than nothing I guess.
Everything done in the name of God doesn't make it right,nor does it mean God agrees with it. It was also Christians that fought against slavery and finally got it banned.
Well, I was getting attacked that I am God hater, and how people of India forgotten God and followed Satan and his demons. That is false. So, I just thought of giving him the jist of so called "Christianity" in America and how it transpired. Born-again Christians holding the Bible on one hand, and whipping the black slave with another hand. Sounds Christ-like to you ?
Also to note, it is not Ken that I had attacked personally, but how Christianity transpired in his nation of the TRUE God! So, tell me would the native Indians now come to accept/believe in Christ by the way they were treated by your people?
Correct, some Christians not all. But that is better than nothing I guess.
Well, I was getting attacked that I am God hater, and how people of India forgotten God and followed Satan and his demons. That is false. So, I just thought of giving him the jist of so called "Christianity" in America and how it transpired. Born-again Christians holding the Bible on one hand, and whipping the black slave with another hand. Sounds Christ-like to you ?
Also to note, it is not Ken that I had attacked personally, but how Christianity transpired in his nation of the TRUE God! So, tell me would the native Indians now come to accept/believe in Christ by the way they were treated by your people?
Born-again Christians holding the Bible on one hand, and whipping the black slave with another hand. Sounds Christ-like to you ?
Slavery has been all over the world. America didn't have a corner on that. Whites have been slaves down through time also. So dont make it look like the US is the only one guilty. The Brits had slaves and Canada was settled by the British,so they have dirty hands too. And Indians were killed in Canada also. The Beothuk Indians were either killed or pushed out of Newfoundland and became extinct. Enough guilt to go around, not just America.
Could be true, and I never implied it was only in America that slavery existed. But not acceptable if you consider yourself born-again Christians and glorious children of God and act in an exact opposite manner. The British weren't any holier than the Americans either.
Because of the way they treated Indians back in the days, the Indians hate Christ.. and think of Him as a God of the white man. Who created that cynicism? Maybe the Lord Jesus Christ himself? No.
Since slavery ended in America over 150 years ago, that would make the people you're describing really, really old. Or better yet, that would make them all dead, and your hyperbole argument baseless.
Interestingly, slavery only ended in Canada about 30 years before it was abolished in the USA.
Free will, God allows you to choose. Not His fault.
The language, maybe I can see controlling... but should the people you mentioned be restricted from Bible Study with us? And, besides, "cults" often simply mean "anyone who isn't in my corner."
You mean Canada also had imperfect Christians who fell short of God's glory?![]()
Holy North Pole, Batman!![]()
I will agree, that I should have defined the term "Cults" when I used it. To me the terms Cults would be Dr. Walter Martin's definition, which in it's simplest form would be "anyone who does not believe in the Doctrine of the Holy Trinity". Often those who put on the guise of Christianity, would be called "psuedo Christians".
On the site that I consider the absolute worst for arguing that I have ever seen, it was an absolute knock down, total free-for-all, nasty name calling nightmare. The Mormons would high jack nearly every thread to turn it to discussion of the Mormon beliefs, and the so-called Atheists would deliberately high jack every thread, just to upset and make fun of Christians, to get the younger believers to ARGUE by calling them NASTY NAMES. No, there were no rules there.
Towards the end of my stay there, the pretend Christians such as a couple of the Jehovah Witnesses came in and tried to turn every thread to making fun of the Diety of Christ. They were doing their best to ridicule everyone who Believes in the Holy Trinity.
Each of those groups became very predictable, to the point it was obvious that they were Coached how to set a trap to make a Christian word something in a way that they could make fun of their beliefs. For quite awhile, I felt obligated to stay and defend the younger Christians being attacked. I even started saving EVERY ONE OF POSTS under the various topics the CULTS wanted to high jack the threads to. WHY? Because within a few days I would find another one of them attacking another young Christian with the same well coached methods, and I would just copy paste my response.
When the Holy Spirit put it on my heart to move on and stop wasting my time there; I landed for a short time on a strictly Conservative Evangelical site. However, that lasted only for a few months before I got totally bored. WE AGREED ON EVERYTHING, and therefore there was not much to discuss, when all you can say is, "YES, I believe that too." The next site I tried was pretty much the same as the first, but at least they did not allow the name calling, especially the NASTY NAMES. I stayed there about two years, and then landed here. MUCH MORE PEACEFUL, yet just enough heated debates to keep it interesting.
Could be true, and I never implied it was only in America that slavery existed. But not acceptable if you consider yourself born-again Christians and glorious children of God and act in an exact opposite manner. The British weren't any holier than the Americans either.
Because of the way they treated Indians back in the days, the Indians hate Christ.. and think of Him as a God of the white man. Who created that cynicism? Maybe the Lord Jesus Christ himself? No.
You bet they did. Even the forefathers of Canada are responsible for warring against the Canadian natives. They stole their land, resources etc. Again, it did not happen on the scale like in the U.S but it did.
But, in the last 5 years the natives received multiple open parliament apologies from the PM of Canada. Or any other ethnic minorities that were discriminated, even they received apologies from the Canadian parliament.
I do believe an honest apology and a truthful reconciliation/repentance goes a looong way.
Beast, why would you choose not to disclose that? This is the kind of "selective" discussion that insults and irritates people. You're living in a country that did the same thing, and you already know this fact, yet you withhold that information while you criticize another man's country for the identical actions.
You mean Canada also had imperfect Christians who fell short of God's glory?![]()
Holy North Pole, Batman!![]()
Certainly. It is not God to be blamed but Christians back in the days.
Beast, why would you choose not to disclose that? This is the kind of "selective" discussion that insults and irritates people. You're living in a country that did the same thing, and you already know this fact, yet you withhold that information while you criticize another man's country for the identical actions.