Hello from Queensland

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Bella37

Hello everyone, new to the site. I am a KJV Bible believing Christian in regional Queensland. I got saved and converted from Roman Catholicism some years ago.
( Not looking to provoke any debate in my first post with those points, just providing some background) I look forward to meeting others on the forum and taking part in good conversations as I find it isn't easy to meet other bible believing Christians here. Thanks!
Hi, Badgerpaw, WELCOME! (I am fairly new myself)

You are my first Welcome, since joining. It feels good the be a not so new Aussie member now, you are here! :p

Love & Hugs!

Bella xo :) <><<

badgerpaw

Feb 13, 2018
Thanks, great to know there are a few Aussies around here! Not to sound insulting, but I grew up in the Bible Belt of the USA where there seemed to be a "Bible church" on every corner. I moved here as a teenager and I love Australia, just can't help but marvel at how few independent churches ( i.e. non Catholic/ Anglican) there are, at least where I'm at :)

Hi, Badgerpaw, WELCOME! (I am fairly new myself)

You are my first Welcome, since joining. It feels good the be a not so new Aussie member now, you are here! :p

Love & Hugs!

Bella xo :) <><<

Dec 12, 2013
Australia is indeed a fine place to visit. I'm not surprised that decontroversal has been there so often.

During our first trip we circled the country in rented cars plus Tassie. It took us 3 months staying as close as possible to the water. The best place in Queensland is Heron Island...the diving!

Now for the food. Witchetty grubs are somewhat bland. They are best eaten slightly heated. They can also be eaten fresh (live). They have a nutty taste, a little like almonds. But the honey ants are quite delightful (usually found in the ground near Mulga bushes). Hold the front of the ant in two fingers, place the back part full of honey in your mouth and pull. Oh so delicious!

I have never had the courage to eat vegemite. But I have thought about getting some to use as grease around small moving parts in my lawnmower engine. However I'm afraid it might dissolve the metal that it comes in contact with.

Question: Do vegemite eating people in Australia live as long as normal people?
I tried it.........once....is is definitely an acquired taste.........gag! HHAHAHHAHHAH

B

Bella37

I tried it.........once....is is definitely an acquired taste.........gag! HHAHAHHAHHAH
I have NEVER tried GRUBS of any kind, & NEVER will!!........NO way, gag, spit.......cough......chock......gag..you get the picture :eek::eek::eek::eek:...... I would rather eat ants!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Dec 12, 2013
I have NEVER tried GRUBS of any kind, & NEVER will!!........NO way, gag, spit.......cough......chock......gag..you get the picture :eek::eek::eek::eek:...... I would rather eat ants!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:
hahah I would rather have steak jahaha :)

S

Sweetmorningdew78

Hi! Badgepaw :) Welcome to CC yayy! Nice to meet you!

I'll see u around!

God bless you ❤

Dec 12, 2013

Thankfully my diet is pure and chaste
Schnitzel with chips and salad
or
a real hamburger with the lot > egg, beetroot, pineapple

Yum yum yum

I do like a good chicken schnitzel.......................................................on a fresh roll with "tasty" cheese and a plate of chips.....

Feb 14, 2018
I do like a good chicken schnitzel.......................................................on a fresh roll with "tasty" cheese and a plate of chips.....
Yes I'm quite partial to that myself lol

or

A nice big plate of spaghetti and some garlic bread - Mmmmmmm yum yum

Feb 14, 2018

Thankfully my diet is pure and chaste
Schnitzel with chips and salad
or
a real hamburger with the lot > egg, beetroot, pineapple

Yum yum yum

Ahhhhh a good Aussie hamburger - with the lot haha