Hello from Sweden.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Hi Karin, welcome to CC :) hope to see you around the forums!

Blessings ❤️ 0888EAE9-1AF3-4547-9871-FAD502FB0210.jpeg

T

toinena

Tjena.
I understand your problem very well. I live in a small village in Norway, and have no Christian friends that I socialize here. I feel like I can't go to the Lutheran church, because they hardly preach the Bible there. There is a pentecostal church here that are mainly for people from Eritrea, so I am not sure I feel comfortable there either.

Can I ask where you live? I know the west coast has some good churches and Småland, too.

Jun 6, 2018
Tjena.
I understand your problem very well. I live in a small village in Norway, and have no Christian friends that I socialize here. I feel like I can't go to the Lutheran church, because they hardly preach the Bible there. There is a pentecostal church here that are mainly for people from Eritrea, so I am not sure I feel comfortable there either.

Can I ask where you live? I know the west coast has some good churches and Småland, too.
Hej syster.
Jag bor i närheten av gävle i en liten ort. :) Klem
I long mostly for sisters to talk with.
Yeah, it must feel right. Specially with what we believe in.

Jun 6, 2018
Welcome sister we're all here for you to support you and advise to the extent possible. I'm very happy that you're reading the Bible and don't worry trust God he will reveal everything to you in due time just remain in faith!
Hey brother. Thank you.
Yeah i trust in God to help me understand what im reading.
Right now im doing research about trinity because i dont believe in it. Reading bible of course.
Its very hard to feel left out, to be an outsider, but i need to be true to God, myself and others.
My mind is spinning.
Then i remember..
Trust in God to help me.

Jun 6, 2018
Please do not get involved with Jehovah's Witness.

Close scrutiny of their doctrinal position on such subjects as the deity of Christ, salvation, the Trinity, the Holy Spirit, and the atonement shows beyond a doubt that they do not hold to orthodox Christian positions on these subjects. Jehovah’s Witnesses believe Jesus is Michael the archangel, the highest created being. This contradicts many Scriptures which clearly declare Jesus to be God (John 1:1,14, 8:58, 10:30). Jehovah’s Witnesses believe salvation is obtained by a combination of faith, good works, and obedience. This contradicts countless scriptures which declare salvation to be received by grace through faith (John 3:16; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5). Jehovah’s Witnesses reject the Trinity, believing Jesus to be a created being and the Holy Spirit to essentially be the inanimate power of God. Jehovah’s Witnesses reject the concept of Christ’s substitutionary atonement and instead hold to a ransom theory, that Jesus’ death was a ransom payment for Adam’s sin. https://www.gotquestions.org/Jehovahs-Witnesses.html

Top Ten Things Wrong with Jehovah’s Witnesses

1. Christ Jesus is not their mediator but the governing body/organization is.

2. They accept the organization as Gods sole “channel” of truth not relying on Holy Spirit themselves.

3. They believe the Watchtower contains Gods truth, directed by Holy Spirit. Without it one cannot understand the Bible.

4. They claim to be Christian but the vast majority reject Christ Blood and flesh and they do this in a ritualistic fashion every memorial of Christ death by passing the bread and wine among themselves and not eating it. Even the speaker must touch the plate or the cup and reject it for all to see.

5. They use the name Jehovah over Yahweh but will agree Yahweh is more accurate.

6. They demand 100% unity at all cost and will disfellowship members if they disagree with any doctrine.

7. They claim they were approved and chosen by Christ Jesus in 1918 to do Gods will. However their teachings at the time and mistakes since then prove this could not be true.

8. They let their loved ones die imposing their doctrinal ban on blood transfusions based on the law covenant. However people broke the law covenant when lives were at stake. Such as saving a life of a sheep or human on the sabbath. King David broke the law to save his men.

9. They have ruined thousands of peoples lives by disfellowshipping members without “saying a greeting” to them. Misapplying 2 John 10

10. They are known as being false prophets for their many false predictions going back over 150 years. They predicted the end would come in 1914, 1975 and the generation alive in 1914 would not die off before the end. Of course time has ran out on their “generation” understanding so this they have changed. http://www.jwstruggle.com/2010/10/top-ten-things-wrong-with-jehovahs-witnesses/
Thank you for your concern.
I do respect jw's because they sure know the bible and study alot and they are doing a hard work to try to save ppl. Im sure that they are most loving and caring ppl.
They got some things wrong but they are also right in many things according to me.
I dont think i ever will be one tho.
//Karin

T

toinena

Gävle var våran vänort. När jag bodde i Gjøvik.

Feel free to message me, if you want to talk. I write in both Swedish and Norwegian. I think we might have some things in common.

Jun 11, 2018
Hello, may I suggest you pray and ask Jesus to show you where to go? If you ask Him for bread , He will not give you a stone which is a scripture that means if you ask Him for something He will surely give you what you need. Bless you.

F

flygplan

Hej! Välkommen Karin!

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I know when the post was from... You have nothing better to do than trolling?
The USER hasn't been on in 3 months. And its trolling to present useful information in a non-critical manner for the benefit of the person you're speaking to? You had an odd definition of trolling. You're welcome for trying to be helpful.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Hello Karin and welcome to Christian Chat! :)

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
Hello, Karin. I hope you find this space encouraging and meaningful. It’s good of you to share with us a bit about your situation. Following Christ is one of the best decisions one can make. Welcome to God’s family! You might be interested to do some reading to strengthen your faith : https://bit.ly/2rWhW3B. I’m praying that God will surround you with His infinite love, draw you closer to Himself and give you wisdom as you trust in Him.

Aug 21, 2018
Thank you for your concern.
I do respect jw's because they sure know the bible and study alot and they are doing a hard work to try to save ppl. Im sure that they are most loving and caring ppl.
They got some things wrong but they are also right in many things according to me.
I dont think i ever will be one tho.
//Karin
************************************************************************************************************
Hello Karin,

Praise God that you have the desire to study the Bible. In order not to be deceived, we have to know the truth of God's Word for ourselves. As you get to know the Bible for yourself, you'll discover that Jesus Christ is both the Son of God and yet, He is also God. He is the only one who was tempted in all aspects and yet did not sin. Hence, Jesus is the only one that God the Father accepted to die on the cross as our substitute. By repentance of sin and believing in His death, burial and resurrection, we can be forgiven of our sins and spend eternity with God in heaven. Furthermore, God is by nature a Trinity--God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He's not three Gods, but one God in three persons. I know the concept of Trinity is hard to understand. For this reason, I've provided links that will help you grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord, Jesus Christ. Please feel free to ask any questions. ~Blessings to you~

The Gospel: Two Paths, One Way
https://www.gty.org/library/sermons-library/80-312

How to Study Your Bible
https://www.gty.org/library/articles/45STUDY/how-to-study-your-bible

What should I look for when choosing a new church home?
https://www.gty.org/library/Questions/QA121

Trinity: Our Triune God
https://www.gty.org/library/articles/A215/our-triune-god

9 Things You Should Know About Jehovah’s Witnesses
https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/9-things-you-should-know-about-jehovahs-witnesses/

Oct 29, 2018
Hey everyone.
The reason i came here is that im new in my faith and alone in it.
Not many around me that are interested to talk about God, Jesus and bible.
Im reading the bible by myself and its confusing.
Peace with you all.

Karin
Hi Karin, welcome even though it´s a few months ago. I´m from Sweden too, and I just joined. Skicka ett meddelande om du vill skriva med en annan svensk. :) Hej så länge.

S

Sherril

Karin praise God welcome to Christian Chat....may your walk with the Lord be strengthened as you grow in faith....God is good....Jesus loves you....love in Christ Sherril...:)