Hello, I'm new

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 22, 2019
Hi everyone.
I don't want to be depressing with my intro, but I'm having difficult time in spiritual life and I'm not able to find help/guidance in the church I attend.
By grace of God I have not lost my faith, but I have been disillusioned by the people around me. I'm hoping to find advice and a community because I feel a bit lost in life...

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi and welcome to CC, glad to meet you. Is it hard in Indonesia to proclaim you are a Christian? Stick around and you will find much love and encouragement and prayers if you want. God bless you!

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Hello and welcome to Christian Chat! :)

Sorry to hear you are having a difficult time in your spiritual life. I hope that you will find encouragement and be blessed here.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Hi everyone.
I don't want to be depressing with my intro, but I'm having difficult time in spiritual life and I'm not able to find help/guidance in the church I attend.
By grace of God I have not lost my faith, but I have been disillusioned by the people around me. I'm hoping to find advice and a community because I feel a bit lost in life...
We believe and have faith in God.. We should not be affected by the performance of other human beings in relation to their behavior or performance in being Christian..

If we are standing on the ROCK of our LORD Jesus then we can be stable knowing that He is not faulty and unreliable
But if we are standing on the quicksand of religious people around us or preacher this or pastor that we are liable to start to sink when the humans around us reveal that they are just human..

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hi everyone.
It sounds like a change of scenery would be beneficial including a new church home where you can receive relevant spiritual counsel that you can apply in a practical sense.

Aug 22, 2019
Hi and welcome to CC, glad to meet you. Is it hard in Indonesia to proclaim you are a Christian? Stick around and you will find much love and encouragement and prayers if you want. God bless you!
Hello! In my area, Christianity is not persecuted, praise God.
It's just that, in many places in Asian culture, the typical attitude when facing problems is "Just tough it out". And unfortunately in my experience attempting to ask the church pastor for help was met with a similar response (pray, read the Bible, trust in God, etc).

I mean if I'm sad, or had a fight with somebody, sometimes I want more than just reading verses that reassure me that God is a source comfort. Not to diminish the power of the Word or anything, but sometimes I feel like I need an immediately applicable advice/encouragement from a person :)

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Not to diminish the power of the Word or anything, but sometimes I feel like I need an immediately applicable advice/encouragement from a person :)
Godly counsel from a fellow Christian with wisdom is indeed valuable … but in the end such wisdom really only directs you back
to the scriptures and the teachings of Christ Jesus himself.
It is important to read and understand the scriptures of the NT as they teach us how to discipline ourselves as Christians to the
will of God.
To be at peace with others; to forgive others; to care for others; to be merciful; to suffer worldly loss for the good of the gospel.
Praying is not just seeking answers and direction from God on how to handle /respond to trials and tribulations.
Prayer is an emotional release for hurt and suffering experienced (especially from within one's church).
One can cry and weep and pour out one's heart before Jesus and the Father in prayer.
I have.
Then allow God to heal and restore.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Hi everyone.
Sometimes it feels like we are walking alone, but remember that Jesus is always there and He loves you. We love you too. So glad you came. I want to take this moment to personally encourage you, dear sister Ev. I will pray for you and with you. It won't be long. He will wipe all tears from our eyes. He understands.