Hello new here

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Leih

Feb 23, 2023
Hello,
I have recently found my way back to God and a life of faith. I am having a hard time with my family especially my children as they aren't believers and mostly think I've lost my mind. I have placed my worries in Gods hands and have faith he will soften their hearts in time but it is difficult to live with the mocking and the hurt it is causing my heart. I know this path will be difficult and I will have to find my strength and courage in God but I also know support and friendship would make my journey so much better and easier. I do not have a community or church to go to as I don't really know where to begin to chose the right path in that respect so I am waiting for God to lead me in the right direction. In the meantime I am making due with a wonderful online bible study and lots of prayer but am fighting alot of feelings of being alone on this path which I know is not true. I hope to find someone I can talk to and share my journey with without fear of judgement and mockery

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello @Leih, welcome to CChat! I'm glad that you found us and joined in the discussions with us :)

Thank you for telling us a little bit about yourself too, especially the part about how the Lord is working so powerfully in your life right now :giggle:

As for the persecution that you are facing, it (sadly) is to be expected .. e.g. 2 Timothy 3:12. I became a believer at age 30, a little over 36 years ago now, and I remember how difficult it was to be mocked and/or rejected by some of my family, and by a number of my friends too :(

Praying for both you and for your family!

God bless you!!

~Deuteronomy

1 Thessalonians 5
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body
be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
lordsprayer1 - Copy.jpg
"Let us be reminded of the principles of life and you will be fine.
Honesty, goodness, kindness, gentleness, discipline, self-control and love
being our greatest resource. Let us pray to practice these things in our daily lives...
and with perseverance." download.png

Dec 19, 2022
Welcome Leih. I am praying that God will help you find a community or church that you feel comfortable with, and that you will be able to find friends and support on your faith journey. In the meantime, please know that you are never alone in your faith, and that there are others that understand and support you. Do not be afraid to reach out and talk to people about your journey and your struggles. God bless you.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Hello,
I have recently found my way back to God and a life of faith. I am having a hard time with my family especially my children as they aren't believers and mostly think I've lost my mind. I have placed my worries in Gods hands and have faith he will soften their hearts in time but it is difficult to live with the mocking and the hurt it is causing my heart. I know this path will be difficult and I will have to find my strength and courage in God but I also know support and friendship would make my journey so much better and easier. I do not have a community or church to go to as I don't really know where to begin to chose the right path in that respect so I am waiting for God to lead me in the right direction. In the meantime I am making due with a wonderful online bible study and lots of prayer but am fighting alot of feelings of being alone on this path which I know is not true. I hope to find someone I can talk to and share my journey with without fear of judgement and mockery
Revelation 3:20 is my favorite verse also.

When He is all we have, He is all we need. I have lived alone for many years. I have come to sense His presence and love. I was never married nor had children. It must be painful to be mocked by your own family. Jesus knows how that feels.
Isaiah 53
2For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
3He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

I am so glad the Lord has brought us together. I will pray that God comfort, strenthen, and give you peace in the midst of storm. We will get thru these trying times with Him as our guide. He desires to walk with us just like on the road to Emaus.
Luke 24
13And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs. 14And they talked together of all these things which had happened. 15And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.

I wish you a warm welcome into your new family here at CC. :):coffee:

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
I don't really know where to begin to chose the right path in that respect so I am waiting for God to lead me in the right direction. In the meantime I am making due with a wonderful online bible study and lots of prayer but am fighting alot of feelings of being alone on this path which I know is not true.
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome To Chat. I will pray for you.
Hope these are helpful on your journey:

GRACE Word for our infirmities

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II).

Grace, Peace, And JOY!… + RICH Blessings

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Hello,
Warmest welcome to you Leih

We empathize with your trials. Please chime in anytime for our support.

God Bless

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I am having a hard time with my family especially my children as they aren't believers and mostly think I've lost my mind.
How old are your children? It seems cruel that they would treat their own mother in such a way
even when they disagree. Their ideas must have come from somewhere, whether the culture at
large, their friends, or maybe your husband. You may not be able to prove to them that God exists,
but neither can they prove that He does not exist. If they believe they can, they are seriously deluded,
but such irrationality is normal for non-believers, even as they believe they are more rational and more
logical and smarter and more sophisticated than believers. Engaging with them in this manner may
not be fruitful unless you already know the arguments they will trot out, and are well armed with the
counter points, but even then, it is only the Holy Spirit of God Who can convict them.

Leih

Feb 23, 2023
How old are your children? It seems cruel that they would treat their own mother in such a way
even when they disagree. Their ideas must have come from somewhere, whether the culture at
large, their friends, or maybe your husband. You may not be able to prove to them that God exists,
but neither can they prove that He does not exist. If they believe they can, they are seriously deluded,
but such irrationality is normal for non-believers, even as they believe they are more rational and more
logical and smarter and more sophisticated than believers. Engaging with them in this manner may
not be fruitful unless you already know the arguments they will trot out, and are well armed with the
counter points, but even then, it is only the Holy Spirit of God Who can convict them.
Hello and thank you for responding, they are young adults and their thoughts and opinions are not a surprise to me. I take much responsibility for their lack of faith and belief as i did not teach them as children, i allowed the world around us to influence them instead due to my own lack of faith and confusion. i know they are afraid inside by what they see around them and dont know how to process or deal with the reality we are living in right now. They are being strongly influenced and attacked by satan and i pray everyday they find truth and strength in the Lord. I am keeping faith with all my might that as they watch the transformations in my life with Gods love and guidance it will open their eyes and hearts. I will show them by example as i should have been doing all their lives. I was brought up exposed and introduced to faith that planted the seed needed to find my way back. It breaks my heart that i did not provide my chikdren with the same foundation, making their journey that much more difficult. But I KNOW God will find a way to open their hearts and minds in His time and plan.

Leih

Feb 23, 2023
Warmest welcome to you Leih

We empathize with your trials. Please chime in anytime for our support.

God Bless
Thank you for the welcome, i already feel more at peace

Leih

Feb 23, 2023

Leih

Feb 23, 2023
Revelation 3:20 is my favorite verse also.

When He is all we have, He is all we need. I have lived alone for many years. I have come to sense His presence and love. I was never married nor had children. It must be painful to be mocked by your own family. Jesus knows how that feels.
Isaiah 53
2For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
3He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

I am so glad the Lord has brought us together. I will pray that God comfort, strenthen, and give you peace in the midst of storm. We will get thru these trying times with Him as our guide. He desires to walk with us just like on the road to Emaus.
Luke 24
13And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs. 14And they talked together of all these things which had happened. 15And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.

I wish you a warm welcome into your new family here at CC. :):coffee:
Thank you for the welcome and encouraging words! It is painful and makes my heart sad watching my chidrens struggles and judgement but i KNOW God will work through me and my example to reach them and open their hearts. I just have to have faith and trust in him. I know that finding my way to to others on this path will strengthen me and help me in my tough hours. I am so grateful and blessed that God led me here to exacltly what i needed. Praise God, Thank you Jesus!

Leih

Feb 23, 2023
Welcome Leih. I am praying that God will help you find a community or church that you feel comfortable with, and that you will be able to find friends and support on your faith journey. In the meantime, please know that you are never alone in your faith, and that there are others that understand and support you. Do not be afraid to reach out and talk to people about your journey and your struggles. God bless you.
Thank you for your warm welcome and encouraging words, i trust God will lead me where he wants me to be!

Leih

Feb 23, 2023
Hello @Leih, welcome to CChat! I'm glad that you found us and joined in the discussions with us :)

Thank you for telling us a little bit about yourself too, especially the part about how the Lord is working so powerfully in your life right now :giggle:

As for the persecution that you are facing, it (sadly) is to be expected .. e.g. 2 Timothy 3:12. I became a believer at age 30, a little over 36 years ago now, and I remember how difficult it was to be mocked and/or rejected by some of my family, and by a number of my friends too :(

Praying for both you and for your family!

God bless you!!

~Deuteronomy

1 Thessalonians 5
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body
be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.
Thank you for the welcome and prayers <3 God has led me where he wants me to be, where i need to be. I am so happy and at peace to have found such a supportive community!

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Hello,
Hi ya Leih, there are circumstances where simple quietness and trust are the way forward. God is with you. Welcome to CC :)

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Glad to meet you and as you can see there is much good fellowship here at CC! There are many Forums I think will be of interest to you so feel free to participate when you're ready! God bless and keep you and your family🙏!

Isny

Jan 15, 2017
Hello Leih. We are so glad that you have found us. For many here this is a second home where we encourage one another in our daily walk with our Lord.

Look through the forums for an interesting discussion and join in. I believe you will soon find some very good friends here. May our Heavenly Father bless and keep you and your family. A warm welcome coming your way! :)

Proverbs 3:5-6

Feb 21, 2023
Hi, my name is Terrence, I am 16, Duck Duck Doggie is a nickname given from my cousin when she was three. I am adopted I was taken from my mom at 8 and a half she was a non-believer. All of my family was and still is except for my Nanna and Great Gram. I miss my mom and hope she is doing well she always told me she hated me and I was nothing but I recently found out that she said it as a cover up for a lie she told years ago. she never had a job and we were poor and were homeless for about 4 years before i was taken from her. I did not know God then but I've been through three foster homes and was adopted by the last one in 2019 every one brought me a little closer to Jesus and I am now saved and go to a Christian school. I love to learn more about God and His word. At my young age I have access to sites only used by kids or teens I have been going on these sites to not only make friends but to share the word with people my age who need it now with the way the world is. some of them a interested some tell me to stop where I am they don't want to hear it. I come here to learn more to help those interested.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Hi, my name is Terrence, I am 16, Duck Duck Doggie is a nickname given from my cousin when she was three. I am adopted I was taken from my mom at 8 and a half she was a non-believer. All of my family was and still is except for my Nanna and Great Gram. I miss my mom and hope she is doing well she always told me she hated me and I was nothing but I recently found out that she said it as a cover up for a lie she told years ago. she never had a job and we were poor and were homeless for about 4 years before i was taken from her. I did not know God then but I've been through three foster homes and was adopted by the last one in 2019 every one brought me a little closer to Jesus and I am now saved and go to a Christian school. I love to learn more about God and His word. At my young age I have access to sites only used by kids or teens I have been going on these sites to not only make friends but to share the word with people my age who need it now with the way the world is. some of them a interested some tell me to stop where I am they don't want to hear it. I come here to learn more to help those interested.
Welcome, dear brother Terrance! Pleasure to meet you. Welcome to CC. :)(y):coffee: