Hello.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Skovand

Active member
Aug 17, 2020
359
54
28
Southeastern USA
Just curious to see what this place is like. I enjoy forums but was hoping to find the app for iPhones. I am a big science nerd. Especially interested in evolutionary ecology. I understand that some are literalists and that I may be the oddball out. But theology is important and fascinating to me and I’m always ready to give an account of my beliefs. I’m technically a member of the churches of Christ but don’t quite fit seamlessly with the mold since I don’t really align with Protestantism or Catholic. But I can dive deeper into my faith as time permits in other threads and perhaps in chat.
 
I'm hoping that's a real mushroom in your pic, how great that would be:). Welcome to CC and I'm sure you will find some interesting Forums and topics. Glad to have you here and God bless you!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Deade and Skovand
It’s a real mushroom. Amanita species. Most likely the A. muscaria ( fly agaric ) but it may be the “peach fly agaric” whose name ive forgotten atm. Mycology is a hobby that I really enjoy. Mostly on the mushroom hunting side for edibles but I also enjoy studying out fungi diseases entering USA through non native exotic plants.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mar09
Hello Skovand, welcome to Christian Chat. I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.


welcome-smiley-emoticon-gif.211776


75a95860d8cb03642bd5ee6ea7c8d28a.gif
 
It’s a real mushroom. Amanita species. Most likely the A. muscaria ( fly agaric ) but it may be the “peach fly agaric” whose name ive forgotten atm. Mycology is a hobby that I really enjoy. Mostly on the mushroom hunting side for edibles but I also enjoy studying out fungi diseases entering USA through non native exotic plants.
Hi! I like to 'meet'-- get to know plants and other living things when there is opportunity, even one at a time=).
 
  • Like
Reactions: Skovand