Help!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 1, 2017
Hi everyone!!
I need some help. I'm studying medicine and these last months I've been studying really hard. But now I just realized that I can't even remember when was the last time I went to church, the last time I preyed or even open my bible.
I'm a bit worried because now all my friends are atheist and I even started having doubts about my faith.
If you could give me a little piece of advice or prey for me I would be more than thankful. :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hi everyone!!
I need some help. I'm studying medicine and these last months I've been studying really hard. But now I just realized that I can't even remember when was the last time I went to church, the last time I preyed or even open my bible.
I'm a bit worried because now all my friends are atheist and I even started having doubts about my faith.
If you could give me a little piece of advice or prey for me I would be more than thankful. :)
You need to read about the Great Physician.

Feb 28, 2016
JAMES 4:8-9-10.
Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners;
and purify your hearts, you double minded.

Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning,
and your joy to heaviness.

Humble yourselves in the sight of The Lord, and He shall lift you up.

JAMES 4:17.
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and does it not, to him it is sin.

HEB. 11:6.
But without Faith it is impossible to please Him: for He that cometh to God must believe that He is,
and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.

Enow

Banned
Dec 21, 2012
Hi everyone!!
Pray to the Lord Jesus Christ for help in being your Good Shepherd to help you to follow Him and to take time out before you go to bed to read a small portion of scripture for your personal edification.

I have a Bible that divides the daily reading of the O.T., the Psalms, the Proverbs, and the N.T. for each year. It is in the NIV but I use them as references to read it in my King James Bible before I go to sleep. It has also a short commentary about a selected reading of scripture and then ends with usually a singular scripture reference as a thought for the day.

I pretty much rely on Jesus being my Good Shepherd to keep up my daily reading of my Bible, but I have limited it to reading the Psalms and the Proverbs and that singular scriptural reading as a thought for the day before turning in. You can decide if you have time to read the selected passage for O.T. & N.T. ( which you might want to do if you have trouble sleeping ).

Or maybe you prefer to do your daily Bible reading in the morning. You can lean on Jesus to help you decide which is better for you.

I have prayed while lying in bed at times when I wake up in the middle of the night, even though by practice, I do it before I go to sleep. You can pray at any time silently. Jesus is in you and is with you always, so you are never alone.

2 Corinthians 13:[SUP]5 [/SUP]Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Matthew 28:[SUP]20 [/SUP]Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Hi everyone!!
I would only say to dedicate some time each week to reading the Gospel.. Even if it is only an hour a week. It is better then nothing.. Also a short and to the point prayer every now and then is always a good thing for our spiritual health..

May God bless you in your studies and may you be a blessing to all who you work with and work on to heal..

Apr 15, 2017
Hi everyone!!
Isa 41:21 Produce your cause, saith the LORD; bring forth your strong reasons, saith the King of Jacob.
Isa 41:22 Let them bring them forth, and shew us what shall happen: let them shew the former things, what they be, that we may consider them, and know the latter end of them; or declare us things for to come.
Isa 41:23 Shew the things that are to come hereafter, that we may know that ye are gods: yea, do good, or do evil, that we may be dismayed, and behold it together.
Isa 41:24 Behold, ye are of nothing, and your work of nought: an abomination is he that chooseth you.
Isa 41:25 I have raised up one from the north, and he shall come: from the rising of the sun shall he call upon my name: and he shall come upon princes as upon morter, and as the potter treadeth clay.
Isa 41:26 Who hath declared from the beginning, that we may know? and beforetime, that we may say, He is righteous? yea, there is none that sheweth, yea, there is none that declareth, yea, there is none that heareth your words.
Isa 41:27 The first shall say to Zion, Behold, behold them: and I will give to Jerusalem one that bringeth good tidings.
Isa 41:28 For I beheld, and there was no man; even among them, and there was no counsellor, that, when I asked of them, could answer a word.
Isa 41:29 Behold, they are all vanity; their works are nothing: their molten images are wind and confusion.

This is more along the lines that God proves that He is the one true God by showing us the history of mankind from the beginning to the end when God puts an end to sin on earth,to let us know that He is real,and the one true God out of all the gods that people follow,for God said no other person or religion will be able to do the same.

God told us every kingdom that would come about starting with 1.Egypt 2.Assyria 3.Babylon 4.Medo-Persia(Iran) 5.Greece 6.The Roman Empire 7.The ten horn kingdom,the world split in to ten sections with a leader in each section 8.The New Age Christ,the man of sin.

Warns us of the new age movement,and their false interpretation of the Bible based on spiritual evolution through nature,and Jesus is not Lord and Savior,but a good teacher in spiritual enlightenment(1 Timothy 4:1-5;2 Timothy 4:2-4),which shall occur in the latter times,which is now.

Daniel said he did not understand what was told him,and was told him that he could not understand it,but they will understand it at the end time because of advanced travel,and advanced technology,which the world can communicate with each other to come together,in which they will rebel against God in Revelation,which is a warning to the world to turn to God.

God will gather all the Jews back to their land,which they became a nation again in 1948,and when the Gentile nations come together,and say,Peace and safety,it will pave the way for all Jews to go back to Israel.

Jesus said the saints will know it is the end time when they hear of wars,and rumors of wars,and nation against nation,and kingdom against kingdom(WW1,and WW2,as an example),and pestilences,and famines,and earthquakes,that will happen on different parts of the earth,which can only be known like in the case of Daniel if there is advanced technology to be able to know of these things,which we can know of today by way of television,internet,and such.

So this comes by way of showing that the God of the Bible is the true God,for He showed us the end from the beginning,which that should increase one's faith to understand that it is truth,which is one of the reasons of prophecy to identify the God of the Bible as the one true God,and that He does exist,and is a rewarder to all who diligently seek Him.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Keep up the good work with your studies :). There are some charts out there where it has each book of the bible and boxes for chapters that you can check off as you read. . My pastor talks about having a " first 15" that is 15mins of reading the bible along with praying each day. It does not have to be the first thing in the morning or exactly 15 mins or even each day. If you like watching the news, you could pray for the people you hear about.

Doubts about what you believe is normal. You can look into it. Doubt can make faith stronger and may encourage some to look into why they believe. It is not " unchristian" to have doubts. If you want to you can watch debates but they may be around 2 hours long more or less. James White, with Alpha and Omega Ministries, is a good debater. Don't be afraid to ask questions about your faith. It is good to ask questions and should be encouraged. Some people may respond positively or negatively to questions. If someone does not receive questions about the Christian faith well, don't let that keep you from asking other people.

Jun 1, 2017
Thanks for all the support! The Great Physician sounds interesting!
I'll try to read at least a little piece of the bible every day, even if I don't have much time.
God bless you!

Jun 1, 2017
One of the questions I always had about Christian faith is the fact of people don't believing in Jesus going to hell just because they don't believe. If you trully believe that hell exists, for some people like Hitler it'd be perfect to go to hell haha. But sometimes I think that there's people who are really kind and it seems a bit unfair to me that someone kind would have to go to hell just because they don't believe. And for me it's a bit painfull to think many love beings are just going to suffer eternally

N

NoNameMcgee

One of the questions I always had about Christian faith is the fact of people don't believing in Jesus going to hell just because they don't believe. If you trully believe that hell exists, for some people like Hitler it'd be perfect to go to hell haha. But sometimes I think that there's people who are really kind and it seems a bit unfair to me that someone kind would have to go to hell just because they don't believe. And for me it's a bit painfull to think many love beings are just going to suffer eternally
the truth is.... when compared to how "kind" God is

we all actually deserve Hell....

not just people like Hilter
but you and me

neither of us are "good" enough to have earned eternal life with an all knowing God who can tell us anything we could ever want to know or provide for us more than we could ever ask for

everyone either of us has ever met, or anyone who was ever born would deserve what the creator of all chooses for us

He is Just
and forgiving...

and has made a way into heaven

which is for us to believe on Jesus, who payed the price for our sin

these "kind" people you speak of have the same choice...

youre not wrong saying it hurts to think about... many people i love need to turn to Jesus

God calls us but some of us choose to be willingly ignorant
(usually out of love for sin, and not wanting to admit they live a wicked life....or truely being blinded after the hardening of the heart through sin)

to say there is no God is not only foolish
but its evil.... its a lie and God has put the truth in us so on judgement day there will be no excuse

but you can be a shining light and an example to these people
maybe God has put you where youre needed

not to teach anyone doctrine or push your beliefs

but to plant seeds of truth
that Jesus is the way and to point them to the bible.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 1, 2017
KINDNESS IS NOT ONLY THE LAW OF GOD. AND THAT ALONE CAN NOT TAKE YOU TO GOOD ETERNAL LIFE. IT IS NOT EASY BUT LET TRY AND LIFE JESUS.

Nov 3, 2017
Pray and have faith with God Sister. Mathew 11:28-30 Come to me, all you who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh you. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am mild tempered and lowly in heart and you will find refreshment for yourselves. For my yoke is kindly, and my load is light. God bless Sister

Last edited:

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
God is love, but God is just.

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
Imagine if you built and gave someone a beautiful free house, and they said no thank you and burned the house to the ground. How nice is a person who would reject the perfect gift you provided for them? Perhaps in God's eyes, a person who rejects the suffering and sacrifice Jesus endured for our sake, and for the remission of our sins, is not a kind person?

D

Depleted

Hi everyone!!
I'm amused that you're studying medicine, (which tells me you're smart as a whip), that you've picked up what's missing, (that you haven't talked to God, listened to God -- aka read your Bible -- and have forgotten to join in his people to edify and be edified), and yet you're asking for advice and prayer.

Isn't this like having a patient saying, "I'm achy all over, my nose is running constantly, and I feel like I'm going to hack up a lung. I think I have the flu. I need to rest, drink plenty of fluids, and won't forget the chicken soup. What's wrong with me?"

Well, yup, good diagnosis, so start doing what you said you need to do.

Sometimes we forget what we're supposed to do. Once we remember again, we get back to it. You got the right idea already. No advice needed.

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
First, it's not up to us to judge whether someone is going to hell. It's up to God. God is just. And God is omniscient.

Second, if I were you I'd be a lot more concerned about your fellow students who are atheists than some unknown group of people who may not have heard the gospel.

Godspeed to you in your studies and endeavors! I hope you achieve what you are striving for.

Jun 1, 2017
Thanks for the advice and encouragement! ! :)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Thanks for all the support! The Great Physician sounds interesting!
I'll try to read at least a little piece of the bible every day, even if I don't have much time.
God bless you!
Don't give up what you've started to invest in studying. It will be worth all your efforts in time and after all, university is only for a time. It's no sin to apply yourself and make the most of your time while you have the opportunity to be there.

the scripture says 'pray without ceasing' - and it doesn't say to become monk or nun and do nothing at all but pray, actually it says endeavour to live a quiet life working with your hands. So obviously you can pray while you are doing other things - pray while you walk, while you drive, while you sit. Whenever you are anxious or exasperated, pray. Talk to God about it. It doesn't have to be grand words carefully composed and edited for maximum impression - He knows what's in your heart and on your mind before you do, so be humble, and comfortable because you know He loves you as His daughter.

If you could make it a routine to just read for a little while each morning, or lunch, or whatever is best with you, it will help much. I would try to read a Psalm or two, or a chapter of Proverbs every day, early in the day, and mull it over throughout the day as I do my work and studying. They are easy books to finish in month this way, and I'd keep doing it. Read whatever else when you have time, if you have time. But above all don't worry, and remember God, and pray to Him whenever you do.

Good luck with school - medicine is very hard subject! We will all be proud to hear of you doing well :)

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
Hi everyone!!
If you know this, then Do something about it. Go to Church. Pray. Read your Bible.

Those who draw close to God, God will draw close to them.
likewise:
Those who draw away from God, God will draw away from them.

Knowing the above to be True, should encourage you to draw close to God.

There is only one thing important in this life. Where are you going to spend Eternity. Everything else in your life, is mere vanity.

^i^

††† In His Holy and Precious Name, Jesus Christ †††

DiscipleDave

CherieR

May 6, 2017
John 3:19-21 says this:"And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”

Ultimately, there is not a comfortable answer for this. I say this because if someone loses a loved one who died without knowing Christ, no one wants to actually be told why that loved one will be in hell forever. And, in my opinion, one of the worst things to say to a Christian who is grieving the death of a loved one who never put their trust in Christ, is " they are in a better place". One of the best things to do for a family member or friend who is grieving the death of a loved one, is to give the person a hug. No words need to be spoken. Or one of the things someone could say is " I'm sorry for your loss".

One of the most meaningful expressions of love for me when I was grieving a death of a family member close to me, was a hug. One was from someone I knew and another from a customer where I work. Both lasted only seconds, but it was more meaningful to me than any words of comfort. I do have a hope of seeing them again. For my dad, not a perfect hope, but a hope nonetheless. I know he believed in Jesus as well as my mom's parents.