help

  • Thread starter Thread starter romanian123
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

romanian123

Guest
I am a young christian who recently just got baptized in August. Starting in november i used to get these thoughts about my sexuality. I am straight. I like boys always have and always will. Also I do not believe in gay marriage. But, i kept getting these thoughts. I am not attracted to girls. "what if" kept popping up in my head. I tried everything to get rid of these thoughts. Prayer etc. I just want them to leave so i can feel normal again. I do not want these thoughts. Like I said i like boys. But the questions is what if you didn't. and it scares me and i know those are false thoughts. can somebody please tell me how i can get rid of them.
 
Sometimes I don't think about it at all. I just don't know how to shake them once and for all. I am scared to talk to people about this because I'm scared they will think of me differently. I believe these thoughts are false. but they keep appearing in my mind
 
Thoughts of these sorts come and go. Often times they are of things we fear and it feels like the reason we have them is because we fear them and we fear them because we have them.

It is good you know they are false and you pray about them. Remember that temptation is not sin. I'm not saying you are tempted to act these things out, but that there is temptation to believe these falsehoods.

Look to Jesus, rebuke the thoughts, ignore them, and keep your mind busy with truth and good things. :) The less you dwell on them the sooner they will fade.
 
DEAR ROMANIAN123,

When u make Jesus your lord an savior the battle start's to us all... These are spiritual battle's,the word says put on the whole armor of god in Ephesians Ch 6... The enemy will attack u in the mind that is where the battle is at AND WHERE ITS WON. You must over come him"the adversary" with the blood of Jesus and the word of your testimony(rev 12:11) REMEMBER when JESUS came he was tempted 40days/night's. How did he defeat satan, BY THE WORD...HE said IT IT WRITTEN every time!!!

IF I may say these thought's will stop 4you I believe. When Moses took the children of ISRAEL out of Egypt they wandered for 40yrs till Egypt a type of the "world/sin"was out of them. These are very real temptations dear... we all have them but we are given the promise to all be overcomers with our problems. THE MASTER(JESUS) made it all possible 4us at the CROSS OF CALVERY, Amen

Meditate on ISAIAH26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Keep your eyes on Jesus and soak in the presence of THE HOLY SPIRIT.

Father in the name of JESUS I pray 4this new believer in you Jesus and that no weapon form against her shall prosper. and that any tongue that shall rise against her in judgement thou shalt condemn. I REBUKE ALL of these thoughts harassing your child FATHER GOD. I pray you JEHOVA-SHALOM wrap her up with your comforting love, joy, an peace as she grows STRONGER in her walk with you an the breakthrough she needs Lord. IN JESUS NAME AMEN&AMEN

-SBB A WARRIOR IN YESHUA!;) Hear is your weapon scripture that the Spirit Of The Lord has 4you... Deutronomy31:6



 
Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanna say that I am very very happy that you know that these thoughts being pressed on you are in no way natural, out of your control and just who "you" really are, and are aware that it is in fact the fallen angels on the earth trying to lead you away from God. The fact that you know the truth makes me really happy :3 And also, I want you to know that I am going through the same thing. Something crazy happened to me last year. I was living sinfully, as homosexual and transgender, but God showed me the truth in a crazy and hard for most people to believe kind of way. I have since truly accepted Christ in my heart, and those desires have pretty much left me entirely. But, I still get that unwanted voice in my head that tells me "Im sad, I cant help it, its not fair I cant be the real me". Haha, can you believe it? God has shown me the truth, and shown me the danger I was in because of these desires. And even with this I still have a demon putting those ideas in my head :p You are not alone. Know the truth, and know that you cn live an incredibly happy life without fulfilling every desire you ever have put on you.

You are going to be pushed the wrong way by the people of this earth. They will tell you you cant help it, that its just the way you are, and even that God is cruel for not allowing it, and try to make you see things their way. Remember that they dont say this because its true, they say it because they want to fulfill the desire, and want the deception over the truth. I came from this life, and there are many others like me. You can say no to temptation, and no, your life will not come to an end because of it :p

Stay strong, the enemy will only continue to push you harder and harder as time goes on. right now, its just a curiosity, tomorrow it will try to make you believe you cant help it, and its cruel to you to refuse it. Stay strong with the truth. Ill pray for you :3