Help!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cassie93

Sep 5, 2021
You will notice that there are various gifts listed in the scripture. One of them is that of an evangelist. We have a friend who is an evengelist. We were on a train with her one day and withiin 10 minutes she was sharing the gospel with a young man sat across from us. She can do that because she has been gifted.

Did you know that washing the dishes is a gift? It comes under the ministry of helps.

We need everyone functioning in the ministry they are given by God. Not the ministry given to them by the church. You will know what your ministry is because you will enjoy doing it. if you don't enjoy doing something that is not your ministry.
That makes sense! Well as I said in one of the replies. I love being a stay at home mum, so maybe I'm meant to raise Godly children. I use to work in childcare aswell. So maybe I'm just meant to help the little ones know God. I'll just keep praying that God will show me the way.

Thank you for your advise.

CS1

May 23, 2012
I have a question!
I am quite a shy person and tend to keep to myself and my faith to myself.
Am I denying Jesus by not speaking about him to others?
I've tried but always seem to get mocked at or ignored and so I've kinda given up.

I want to do right by God.
I just wanna know of this is a sin or not.

Someone help.
God bless you, It is not your job to save people but only tell them why you love Jesus and what He did for you :). You can only tell them and you are not responsible for what they do or not receive just pray for them and pray before you share. As Lord Jesus, what do you want me to say and what do you want me to do? Pray Lord send me to theone you want me to speak to today . HE will do it.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Moses said to the LORD, “Pardon your servant, Lord. I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue.” And the LORD said to him, “Who gave man his mouth? Or who makes the mute or the deaf, the sighted or the blind? Is it not I, the LORD?" Exodus 4:10-11 :)

Paul also, said: And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. .. My message and my preaching were not with persuasive words of wisdom, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power,

MatthewWestfieldUK

May 13, 2021
The way you live and the way you treat others and yourself is the greatest way to spread faith.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
I don't really know what you mean by this but I am learning. I just wanna make sure that when I do talk about the gospel that I don't lean on my own understanding on what the bible actually meant by it.
What I mean is, the gospel as our Savior taught it, has been distorted by many preachers. What do you think the gospel says?

HumbleOne

Jul 10, 2021
I have a question!
I've tried but always seem to get mocked at or ignored and so I've kinda given up.

Someone help.
There's more than one way to share the gospel. The old saying goes, "your actions speak louder than words. " Start with small steps and work your way up.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Don't pressure yourself too much. God may lead you differently in different seasons of your life.
You might have a season of study & prayer then he may lead you witness to just one other person.
Or he may use you to reach dozens at some time.

Raising your children to know Jesus is a pretty important kingdom job. Don't underestimate that.

listenyoumustAll

Jul 22, 2021
I have a question!

Someone help.
A cup can only pour of its content .. This means not that you are shy but you don't handle words thrown at you very well yet.. This is what you will do. STUDY ,STUDY THE BIBLE . EVERYDAY. read psalms first to know who God calls the believer .the read about Jesus . then apostles and the church . all will build you .. Then you can evangelize if you believe you are being convicted by the holy spirit to improve on. Yes ignoring the spirit is an option . read about Jonah ....lol but if you obey . out of your cup will pour living water and no one can cast down . God is good .

Mofastus

May 23, 2019
I have a question!

Someone help.
Hi ma'am, you have a question that every believer ponders, even worries and obsesses over throughout our walk. Each believer does have their own walk with our precious Lord and Savior, and what a wonderful walk it is. Jesus in Matthew 6:33 and tells us to seek Him first, I read a few comments of your question, I liked one, it was from the writer, because it was actually uplifting, we are simply to lift up, build up and comfort (1 Corinthians 14:3). To be a helper of another's joy (2 Corinthians 1:24), I also saw 1 Peter 3:15 being shared (notice it says when asked), and when asked, don't forget about what Philemon 1:6 tells us, because it's all about Jesus (2 Corinthians 3:5). Through Him we find who we are in Him. (Luke 17:20-21, Luke 21:15, John 15:5, Romans 8:16, 2 Corinthians 13:5,7, Ephesians 3:19,20, 2 Timothy 2:15, 1 John 2:20,27). And in our own seeking of Him we are to be overcomers, not only, of our own sufferings, but to come to know His sufferings as well, (Acts 14:22, Romans 8:18, 2 Corinthians 1:7, Philippians 1:29, Philippians 3:10,1 Thessalonians 3:4, 2 Thessalonians 1:5, 2 Timothy 3:12, 1 Peter 3:14, 1 Peter 4:13,16, 1 Peter 5:10). So, back to the question, the Bible doesn't say it's a sin, Jesus does tell Peter in John 21, 3 times even, if you love Me feed my sheep. Personally i don't think none of them really understood what He was saying until the day of Pentecost, even though He told them all in John 14:29 what was coming and it did, so we can see why He said to Thomas, in John 20:29, that very blessing for every believer to be blessed with, is to come to know, (to enter into) in their own walk is "His" love (Romans 5:5) and as afore mentioned in Ephesians 3:19, being filled with "His" fullness. Now back to Matthew 6:33, if you'll do this, even an ugly old crappy looking troll people will try to turn you into like me, will be rejoicing and knowing how precious in the sight of our beloved Lord and Savior is, God bless you in your own walk with Him.

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
I have a question!
Are you "shy" or introverted? It's important to know the difference.

I tend to keep my faith to myself, too sometimes. It's situational. The bible says not to cast your pearls before swine- it's pointless to show your pearls to a pig, because they don't value the pearl. Your faith is a "pearl of great price". Don't give it to pigs that will just bury it in the mud, or in their poop. Using discretion is the way to go.

I don't know, maybe you've heard this criticism of story authors- there's this saying that goes "show, don't tell". Live your faith, and let people come to their conclusion, don't tell them what conclusion to make.

Cassie93

Sep 5, 2021
What I mean is, the gospel as our Savior taught it, has been distorted by many preachers. What do you think the gospel says?
Oh I see!
That God loves us. He wants to be with us. We need to also make a sacrifice. Which is turning away from sin. Being humble before God in knowing that We are sinners and are seperated from God but through christ we are saved. We need to repent. Love one another and forgive one another like Jesus has done so for us. Im sure there is alot more but hopefully I'll get there and have more understanding.

Cassie93

Sep 5, 2021
There's more than one way to share the gospel. The old saying goes, "your actions speak louder than words. " Start with small steps and work your way up.
I think that's my problem I feel like I need to do heaps because God has done so much for me. So I'm putting pressure on myself and it's not coming across a loving way but more of in pressuring others into believing.
I shall step back and pray and reflect on this.

Cassie93

Sep 5, 2021
Don't pressure yourself too much. God may lead you differently in different seasons of your life.
You might have a season of study & prayer then he may lead you witness to just one other person.
Or he may use you to reach dozens at some time.

Raising your children to know Jesus is a pretty important kingdom job. Don't underestimate that.
Thank you Lucy :)
That's wonderful advise.
I do look forward into raising my children into knowing Jesus. I think it's such a reassuring thing especially as a child to know that God loves them and will watch over them.

Cassie93

Sep 5, 2021
A cup can only pour of its content .. This means not that you are shy but you don't handle words thrown at you very well yet.. This is what you will do. STUDY ,STUDY THE BIBLE . EVERYDAY. read psalms first to know who God calls the believer .the read about Jesus . then apostles and the church . all will build you .. Then you can evangelize if you believe you are being convicted by the holy spirit to improve on. Yes ignoring the spirit is an option . read about Jonah ....lol but if you obey . out of your cup will pour living water and no one can cast down . God is good .
Haha yes! That story of Jonah always gets to me. But you are right. I've never been good with my words. I'll study and I'll pray and reflect and will follow what God wants me to do.
God is good!
God Bless you

Cassie93

Sep 5, 2021
Hi ma'am, you have a question that every believer ponders, even worries and obsesses over throughout our walk. Each believer does have their own walk with our precious Lord and Savior, and what a wonderful walk it is. Jesus in Matthew 6:33 and tells us to seek Him first, I read a few comments of your question, I liked one, it was from the writer, because it was actually uplifting, we are simply to lift up, build up and comfort (1 Corinthians 14:3). To be a helper of another's joy (2 Corinthians 1:24), I also saw 1 Peter 3:15 being shared (notice it says when asked), and when asked, don't forget about what Philemon 1:6 tells us, because it's all about Jesus (2 Corinthians 3:5). Through Him we find who we are in Him. (Luke 17:20-21, Luke 21:15, John 15:5, Romans 8:16, 2 Corinthians 13:5,7, Ephesians 3:19,20, 2 Timothy 2:15, 1 John 2:20,27). And in our own seeking of Him we are to be overcomers, not only, of our own sufferings, but to come to know His sufferings as well, (Acts 14:22, Romans 8:18, 2 Corinthians 1:7, Philippians 1:29, Philippians 3:10,1 Thessalonians 3:4, 2 Thessalonians 1:5, 2 Timothy 3:12, 1 Peter 3:14, 1 Peter 4:13,16, 1 Peter 5:10). So, back to the question, the Bible doesn't say it's a sin, Jesus does tell Peter in John 21, 3 times even, if you love Me feed my sheep. Personally i don't think none of them really understood what He was saying until the day of Pentecost, even though He told them all in John 14:29 what was coming and it did, so we can see why He said to Thomas, in John 20:29, that very blessing for every believer to be blessed with, is to come to know, (to enter into) in their own walk is "His" love (Romans 5:5) and as afore mentioned in Ephesians 3:19, being filled with "His" fullness. Now back to Matthew 6:33, if you'll do this, even an ugly old crappy looking troll people will try to turn you into like me, will be rejoicing and knowing how precious in the sight of our beloved Lord and Savior is, God bless you in your own walk with Him.
Wow! You really seem to know your stuff.
Thank you for taking the time to message me that, it was very encouraging which I need so thank you.
I'll Def take the time to read those passages you wrote down.

May God bless you

Cassie93

Sep 5, 2021
Are you "shy" or introverted? It's important to know the difference.

I tend to keep my faith to myself, too sometimes. It's situational. The bible says not to cast your pearls before swine- it's pointless to show your pearls to a pig, because they don't value the pearl. Your faith is a "pearl of great price". Don't give it to pigs that will just bury it in the mud, or in their poop. Using discretion is the way to go.

I don't know, maybe you've heard this criticism of story authors- there's this saying that goes "show, don't tell". Live your faith, and let people come to their conclusion, don't tell them what conclusion to make.
It depends on the situation! If it's people I know and am comfortable with I am quite outgoing but with people I don't feel comfortable with I just keep to myself.

But that makes sense. I guess I just know so many people that i love as individuals and I want them to go to heaven but some of them are just so anti God but you know I care for them and it breaks my heart that they won't find Jesus before it's too late.

Do you reckon in heaven we will get that understanding as to why people go to hell?
You know as humans we have a low standard of what good is.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
That makes sense! Well as I said in one of the replies. I love being a stay at home mum, so maybe I'm meant to raise Godly children. I use to work in childcare aswell. So maybe I'm just meant to help the little ones know God. I'll just keep praying that God will show me the way.

Between you, me and the gatepost the greatest gift of all is to raise your own children. The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
I have a question!

Someone help.
Well God can also convict someone independently of having someone share with them.

I mean.. a person getting saved.. that's all God and the person sharing doesn't save them.

But scripture does admonish us to share. Maybe you could do it non verbally such as a handout.

I gave a work mate a book .. The Case for Christ. I didnt have to talk a lot.

I'm also pretty shy and get nervous under pressure. One thing that does help is knowing the saving of the person is not on us.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
I have a question!

Someone help.
Just wait and pray for God to lead you and open doors for you, wait for Him .... this is the BEST way to evangelise, perfectly honourable.

Relax