Here's a messed up situation, curious as to what others think about this

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2023
…so no guilt at all? Just wondering.
Well when you come from a broken household, and have been told to be a certain way when the other person doesn't even follow their own advice....no not really. I don't feel guilty. I've tried my best, and that's all God can ask of me. Now I'm unaffiliated with any religion and I love it. It means I can worship God in my own way.

I don't have to worry about guilt anymore because I simply don't sin anymore. So....if that helps clear anything up....

selahsays

May 31, 2023
Well when you come from a broken household, and have been told to be a certain way when the other person doesn't even follow their own advice....no not really. I don't feel guilty. I've tried my best, and that's all God can ask of me. Now I'm unaffiliated with any religion and I love it. It means I can worship God in my own way.

I don't have to worry about guilt anymore because I simply don't sin anymore. So....if that helps clear anything up....
Thanks for your reply.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
So I know in the Bible it says "Man shall not lie with another man", but I have a bone to pick with this.

Now, before I go on, I actually innerstand why they do this. It has everything to do with not making the human race extinct, and actually I get that part of it, I truly truly do.

But here's my gripe with this. Let's say I wanted to be with another man, but we don't hold hands in public unless surrounded by other adults of consenting age, we don't have children, we don't go to Gay Pride Parades, and we don't "flaunt" it or whatever you wanna call it. We advocate against drag queens reading to children and we advocate against "gender studies" or whatever it's called in schools now. We don't get married in a Church. We don't have sex till we have our own marriage. And we even follow laws that say we can't have any say over what happens when him or I die. In other words, we're gay but respectful of other's beliefs. Does that make us bad people, all because we just want to live life and praise God in our own way without interfering with the well-being of children or their families?

I don't see a problem with this personally, but I'm curious to know what other people think. Cause I agree, children should not be exposed to that at all. Children are so innocent, and to ruin a child's innocence is a terrible thing. But at the same time, if it's with 2 adults and they don't show it in public, and they respect society's and the Church's wishes, what's the harm being done?
it may not make you bad but wanting to be gay is bad in itself because it is against God's teachings . read & learn Hebrews 8:10, For this is the covenant i will establish with the house of Israel saith the Lord, " I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MINDS AND WRITE THEM IN THEIR HEARTS......" seek help in recognizing God's truths & beware the devil doesn't want you knowing the truth. even thinking that is sin because its against God. & by the way, IF you are calling yourself a born again Christian, that behavior has no part of a Christian's life.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

You are lying to yourself. Look:

I don't see a problem with this personally, but I'm curious to know what other people think. Cause I agree, children should not be exposed to that at all. Children are so innocent, and to ruin a child's innocence is a terrible thing. But at the same time, if it's with 2 adults and they don't show it in public, and they respect society's and the Church's wishes, what's the harm being done?
Being a homosexual is not respecting the church's wishes.

"Worship God in your own" way is simply another way of saying you do not worship the One True God.

What you have done is made an idol of your sin.

Substitute another sin in that second quote. Like, gee, murder hurts
people but as long as we hide it from the children it is fine to do.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

That's still not how sin works.

You'll find out.

Ted01

May 14, 2022

Love your honesty!

Just wanted to ask you though, because I have tried to love God my way too. Things haven't gone so well, but God chastens those He loves, right?

What about loving God the way that He wants us to?

I mean, I come from a "dysfunctional family" too and I wasn't loved the way that I wanted to be loved... they loved me in their own way, and I didn't get it?

Jul 1, 2023
You are lying to yourself. Look:

Being a homosexual is not respecting the church's wishes.

"Worship God in your own" way is simply another way of saying you do not worship the One True God.

What you have done is made an idol of your sin.

Substitute another sin in that second quote. Like, gee, murder hurts
people but as long as we hide it from the children it is fine to do.
Am I really though? I'll admit I did some really dumb and stupid things, but lying to myself is no longer an option. I am who I am, and that's just the way it is. I'm not saying anyone has to understand it or should. All I'm saying is, if we're going to continue to judge people, then you better be as Holy as that book implies, and you better follow every rule to the letter, cause you're really hurting people when you say don't do something when you're just as guilty of doing something bad yourself.

This is one of many reasons why I left the Church. I'm surrounded by just blatant hypocrisy.

I was raised just fine, and for my parents to think they did bad, they didn't do bad at all. My parents did the best they could. It's just that now, at 33 years old, I'm seeing how hypocritical this is. It just blows my mind how some adults still act like children including myself.

Lemme put it this way, Jesus had next to nothing and is revered world-wide. I myself don't have much to my name, but, why not try to be an outcast? It humbles you and makes you aware of how really messed up the current world is. I see just hypocrisy everywhere I go, and it's just really sad. I probably would've never ended up this way, had the people in my life just be honest, but apparently that's a lot to ask for.

So no, I don't feel guilty. I was curious if anyone else felt this way who is Christian. And I'll say this one more time, I'm willing to partner up with you guys to come up with a solution that benefits the individual. I've struggled with this since I can remember, but never said anything about it up till now. You know the reason why people become lesbians or homosexuals is because they have issues with their same sex parent. So for those who have children like this, you might want to ask why they "identify" that way. My parent refuses to admit he does anything wrong....so therefore, here I am.....

Just something to think about....

Jul 1, 2023
Love your honesty!

Just wanted to ask you though, because I have tried to love God my way too. Things haven't gone so well, but God chastens those He loves, right?

What about loving God the way that He wants us to?

I mean, I come from a "dysfunctional family" too and I wasn't loved the way that I wanted to be loved... they loved me in their own way, and I didn't get it?
Well, again it's about perception too. So, changing your perception is key as well. I have a lot of false perceptions to weed through yet, but I'm just gonna take it one day at a time. It's all I can do.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
All I'm saying is, if we're going to continue to judge people, then you better be as Holy as that book implies, and you better follow every rule to the letter, cause you're really hurting people when you say don't do something when you're just as guilty of doing something bad yourself.
We have probably all thought about hypocrisy, been aware of it in others, and held double standards
ourselves. You think people should not be telling others how to live and yet you are at the same time
telling others how they should be. The problem is not in judging others, either, but in judging rightly.

Christians are saved by grace thorugh faith in the shed righteous blood of Jesus Christ.

Jul 1, 2023
Just curious... does this mean "gay", you were born gay and unable to do anything about it?
I don't know why this is honestly. I think it probably had something to do with the prenatal vitamins they gave my Mom, but don't quote me on that.

I'm being transparent here so anyone who has kids like this won't make the same mistake!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Being holy means set apart. We are in the world but not of the world. Why? Because we have been called out of the world. This does not automatically mean there is no sin to deal with. Neither does it mean we call sin good. The flesh wars with the Spirit. For the flesh craves what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are opposed to each other. We do grieve over sin, though. Which is a main reason we look forward to the world to come, when sin will no longer be an issue.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
I don't know why this is honestly. I think it probably had something to do with the prenatal vitamins they gave my Mom, but don't quote me on that.

I'm being transparent here so anyone who has kids like this won't make the same mistake!
no one is judging you. that "judging" term is too far gone. people so easily use it & accuse. not meaning you specifically. we are teaching & advising. learn that God has put His laws in your mind & wrote them on your heart!

Ted01

May 14, 2022
Well, again it's about perception too. So, changing your perception is key as well. I have a lot of false perceptions to weed through yet, but I'm just gonna take it one day at a time. It's all I can do.
Thanks for your answer! I totally get that... perception is a difficult thing to change and I struggle with it all the time. A frequent prayer of mine.

I just wanted to home in on my original question... what do you think about God wanting us to love Him as He asks, but we often try to love Him in our own way?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Yes, of course you are. Saying you are respecting the church's wishes by living in sin and hiding it from them?

I suppose you could be going to a church that flies pride.

Guess what? God opposes the proud.

He gives grace to the humble. They are those who submit to Him.

Ted01

May 14, 2022

IOW, you believe that "life" has made you "gay" and you can't do anything to effect change?

Jul 1, 2023
no one is judging you. that "judging" term is too far gone. people so easily use it & accuse. not meaning you specifically. we are teaching & advising. learn that God has put His laws in your mind & wrote them on your heart!
I just have a lot of lessons to learn. Sad that I have to learn this at this age, but I've been reduced to a mere plant. Seriously, if you're a parent, you need to be careful about your parenting. Even having your child go to the superAmarket with you isn't a very wise idea. If you have a child and you need to get something from the grocery store, don't take them with you. Children experience trauma and process trauma a whole lot differently than a parent does. Have your grandmother or grandfather look after them, or someone you trust. Trauma is a big reason why our world is the way it is.

Thanks for your answer! I totally get that... perception is a difficult thing to change and I struggle with it all the time. A frequent prayer of mine.

I just wanted to home in on my original question... what do you think about God wanting us to love Him as He asks, but we often try to love Him in our own way?
Did you ever wonder why that is? Do you ever wonder, maybe even ponder that maybe there was stuff that was hidden from us? You should read other holy books like the Quoran, The Talmud, etc... Read them with the Holy Bible....maybe that'll give you your answer....but read every Holy Book you can get your hands on.

Jul 1, 2023
IOW, you believe that "life" has made you "gay" and you can't do anything to effect change?
It's not so much to effect change as it is to want to move on from it. For whatever strange and unusual reason, I still want to be gay. Now later on that may change....people are changing all the time, but for now I'm fine with being gay. I don't know why, but everything has a rhyme and reason, and every idea has a purpose for existing. That's about as good as I can tell you.

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
So I know in the Bible it says "Man shall not lie with another man", but I have a bone to pick with this.

Now, before I go on, I actually innerstand why they do this. It has everything to do with not making the human race extinct, and actually I get that part of it, I truly truly do.

But here's my gripe with this. Let's say I wanted to be with another man, but we don't hold hands in public unless surrounded by other adults of consenting age, we don't have children, we don't go to Gay Pride Parades, and we don't "flaunt" it or whatever you wanna call it. We advocate against drag queens reading to children and we advocate against "gender studies" or whatever it's called in schools now. We don't get married in a Church. We don't have sex till we have our own marriage. And we even follow laws that say we can't have any say over what happens when him or I die. In other words, we're gay but respectful of other's beliefs. Does that make us bad people, all because we just want to live life and praise God in our own way without interfering with the well-being of children or their families?

You’re twisting scripture to conform to your own feelings. I know that’s a popular concept with so called progressive Christianity, but I would tread very carefully with such things.

Jul 1, 2023
You’re twisting scripture to conform to your own feelings. I know that’s a popular concept with so called progressive Christianity, but I would tread very carefully with such things.
I had to take on a Mommy role at 6 years old. That could be one reason for the confusion....

Status
Not open for further replies.