Here's a messed up situation, curious as to what others think about this

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
You know the reason why people become lesbians or homosexuals is because they have issues with their same sex parent. So for those who have children like this, you might want to ask why they "identify" that way. My parent refuses to admit he does anything wrong....so therefore, here I am.....

Just something to think about....
I don't know why this is honestly. I think it probably had something to do with the prenatal vitamins they gave my Mom, but don't quote me on that.
Hi @Greeniebaby1,

Welcome to the forum!

I'm not asking this to be confrontational, but rather, I need a bit more information in order to try to understand where you're coming from. So you believe that you have homosexual feelings because:

1. Of the prenatal vitamins your mother took, and,

2. Because you have conflicts with your father.

You said in an earlier post that people become homosexuals because of a conflict with their same gender parent, and that you (as a man) are at odds with your father, who never thinks he does anything wrong.

I'm just wondering, how does conflict with the same sex parent produce homosexual feelings? I would think it would produce negative feelings towards the gender of the same sex parent, perhaps even a repulsion, rather than attraction.

How would clashing with your father produce feelings of attraction to the same gender?

Again, I'm not trying to fight you here, I'm just trying to piece together the logical steps that are arriving at this conclusion.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You should read other holy books like the Quoran, The Talmud, etc... Read them with the Holy Bible....
maybe that'll give you your answer....but read every Holy Book you can get your hands on.
You said somewhere that every or all holy books are about love, or have that in common. It seems you have not read the Quran. The Quran has over a hundred verses instructing Muslims to kill Christians, Jews, infidels, etc etc. Most Muslim-majority countries and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) have opposed moves to advance LGBT rights at the United Nations, in the General Assembly or the UNHRC. Last I heard, homosexuals are still being thrown off roof tops in Islamic countries. That is not about to change. They stone adulterers, too.

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
I had to take on a Mommy role at 6 years old. That could be one reason for the confusion....
Parenting is certainly a hard and unappreciated role at times. I’m just saying I cannot take the word and justify my wrongful actions. It would be like me reading that King Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines, so since he did it, it’s ok for me to to indulge in multiple sexual relationships.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Seriously, if you're a parent, you need to be careful about your parenting. Even having your child go to the superAmarket with you isn't a very wise idea. If you have a child and you need to get something from the grocery store, don't take them with you. Children experience trauma and process trauma a whole lot differently than a parent does. Have your grandmother or grandfather look after them, or someone you trust. Trauma is a big reason why our world is the way it is.
It sounds like you've been through a lot and I'm truly sorry for that, but you now you have me immensely curious.

May I ask, what kind of trauma did you go through by being taken to the supermarket?

I grew up in a family with a dad who worked and a stay-at-home mom. My grandparents lived an hour away and worked full-time themselves, so if my mother went anywhere (especially to the supermarket on regular food trips,) she always took us along.

I wasn't traumatized by this but I'm sorry your experience was different.

I am just wanting to know what about these trips to the grocery store were so damaging, and how would staying at home have prevented it?

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Greeniebaby1, I'm having a hard time figuring out what your point is; you're all over the place. Do you just need someone to listen to your woes and tell you it will all be okay, or are you going someplace with this?

Jul 1, 2023
Hi @Greeniebaby1,

Welcome to the forum!

I'm not asking this to be confrontational, but rather, I need a bit more information in order to try to understand where you're coming from. So you believe that you have homosexual feelings because:

1. Of the prenatal vitamins your mother took, and,

2. Because you have conflicts with your father.

You said in an earlier post that people become homosexuals because of a conflict with their same gender parent, and that you (as a man) are at odds with your father, who never thinks he does anything wrong.

I'm just wondering, how does conflict with the same sex parent produce homosexual feelings? I would think it would produce negative feelings towards the gender of the same sex parent, perhaps even a repulsion, rather than attraction.

How would clashing with your father produce feelings of attraction to the same gender?

Again, I'm not trying to fight you here, I'm just trying to piece together the logical steps that are arriving at this conclusion.
No I'm glad, and I do want to apologize for being rough. I understand that the energy I put into these posts can be really angry energy, but it's purely out of love.

So, here's the thing about homosexuality. If you don't get along with your parent, whether it be a Mother or a Father, that's going to affect your life somehow. You have to live with them for 18 years anyways (but I think they lowered the emancipation age to 16 now, I think...). Anywho, you have to live with them right? So some area of your life is going to be affected because of what your Father or Mother tell you how to be. And, unfortunately, with my Father, and trying to win his approval, on top of the fact that he touched me at a very early age, bled into my choice of a romantic partner. If a Mother was there and would be the one to hug me, maybe things would've been different. Or if my Father would've just had me looked at by a woman he trusted, then maybe I wouldn't be where I am today. When you have a child, you have GOT to attend to those child's needs in the proper way. That's why when you become a parent you've got to have some sort of belief system that you BOTH can agree upon, or at least be willing to compromise on. Why people select a person who is the complete opposite of them to be the Father or Mother of their children I'll never understand. You've got to be Spiritually evolved and you've got to be willing to make things work, otherwise it's just a recipe for disaster for any marriage.

Jul 1, 2023
Greeniebaby1, I'm having a hard time figuring out what your point is; you're all over the place. Do you just need someone to listen to your woes and tell you it will all be okay, or are you going someplace with this?
I'm trying to prevent this from happening with anyone else. That's why I'm explaining this as best as I can. Homosexuality is the result of, and no offense, but it's the result of neglectful parenting.....I had to be the Mom at age 6, when I didn't know the first thing about being a Mom. My Dad was going through so much hurt, he'd throw things near us and I had to stand there and guard my brothers while he was going through this. My Mom and my Dad have been both hurt immensely, but they refuse to change their perceptions on things, therefore you get a broken household....

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You know the reason why people become lesbians or homosexuals is because they have issues with their same sex parent.
I had issues with my mother. They did not make me a homosexual .:oops::rolleyes::oops:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
And, unfortunately, with my Father, and trying to win his approval, on top of the fact that he touched me at a very early age, bled into my choice of a romantic partner. If a Mother was there and would be the one to hug me, maybe things would've been different. Or if my Father would've just had me looked at by a woman he trusted, then maybe I wouldn't be where I am today. When you have a child, you have GOT to attend to those child's needs in the proper way. That's why when you become a parent you've got to have some sort of belief system that you BOTH can agree upon, or at least be willing to compromise on. Why people select a person who is the complete opposite of them to be the Father or Mother of their children I'll never understand. You've got to be Spiritually evolved and you've got to be willing to make things work, otherwise it's just a recipe for disaster for any marriage.
I am truly sorry that your father abused your innocence and that your mother didn't look after you as you needed.

Jul 1, 2023
Ok, that's my point. Any gripe you have with your parents bleeds into some area of your life because you have to live with them 24/7 and you're a child and can't do your own thing till the age of 18. This is what I'm trying to say.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Ok, that's my point. Any gripe you have with your parents bleeds into some area of your life because you have to
live with them 24/7 and you're a child and can't do your own thing till the age of 18. This is what I'm trying to say.
You are saying you believe your home environment made you a homosexual?

Well, really, it hardly matters how you became homosexual.

We are all sinners. What matters is you acknowledge your sin and repent of it.

Jul 1, 2023
I wanna make this clear though, my Father never "took" my innocence away, but he did run his hand over me a lot, and that was really creepy to me.

Jul 1, 2023
You are saying you believe your home environment made you a homosexual?
No I made me a homosexual because as a child you're not an age where you can figure out why this was. I ultimately made me a homosexual cause I never thought I was good enough for my Father. So this is my fault, and my fault only, because even as a kid you still have free will.

Status
Not open for further replies.