Hey day? No way!

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lenardzw

Senior Member
Jul 31, 2015
425
22
18
God does not have a "Hey Day" that He looks back on - as if He is now old and not so powerful anymore. That's for you and I. He is just as powerful and awesome today as he was back then. You and I may have a heyday. I used to run 10 km a day 4 days a week some 20 something years ago. I tried jogging a few km recently and came to the breathless and painful realization that the 10 km 4 times a week days were behind me.
:(


So I can tell my 16 year old nephew that in my hey day I would run rings around him on the basketball court. Today any reference to circular objects better be onion rings, pizzas, rotis or tortillas

God doesn't have this problem. He is the same yesterday today and forever.
We should never get used to the phrase "Oh in the bible days when such and such happened" as if God is in retirement. Believe God for big (pronounced "beeeeeg!") things. “I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me? Jeremiah 32:27. We should draw encouragement from the Biblical stories of the spectacular miracles and believe that God CAN deal with our issues.
 
49;bt19998 said:
Me thinks Brother Lenardzw is just getting old :cool:.


Methinks you are right. :D I am learning to "number my days..."
 
Last edited: