Hi everyone...so this is a bit much.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

AshleyNC

Nov 29, 2017
This is my first post and I am not sure how to introduce myself. I don't want to sound horribly depressing but I have not been in the greatest place for some time. I have health issues, became rather isolated from that and have no friends as most abanonded me. (I do have my mom though, she is all I truly have and we are very close.) I also (as painfully as it was, had to cut out the last 2 friends I had because God was pressing it upon me to do so as they were not good influnaces.) I have a hard time relating to people because I am so different. I also have no church to go to. I feel very left out.
I don't want this to be so personal or long it's just I want to be around and talk to people who love and believe in God but am afraid I will be rejected because I never believed in the Trinity. Am I even allowed to be here at all? The last church I tried to go to this past year said they don't consider people like me to be Christians. I can't take anymore rejection...I don't know where to turn and I am so tired of being lonely.

S

Stranger36147

I don't reject you, I accept you for who you are.

Welcome aboard. Hope you like it here. :)

AshleyNC

Nov 29, 2017
Wow, thank you for being so kind!

K

kaylagrl

This is my first post and I am not sure how to introduce myself. I don't want to sound horribly depressing but I have not been in the greatest place for some time. I have health issues, became rather isolated from that and have no friends as most abanonded me. (I do have my mom though, she is all I truly have and we are very close.) I also (as painfully as it was, had to cut out the last 2 friends I had because God was pressing it upon me to do so as they were not good influnaces.) I have a hard time relating to people because I am so different. I also have no church to go to. I feel very left out.
I don't want this to be so personal or long it's just I want to be around and talk to people who love and believe in God but am afraid I will be rejected because I never believed in the Trinity. Am I even allowed to be here at all? The last church I tried to go to this past year said they don't consider people like me to be Christians. I can't take anymore rejection...I don't know where to turn and I am so tired of being lonely.
Are you open to the spirit and the possibility there is a trinity? Sometimes we change our minds as we mature in the faith. I don't think you'll have any issue here,though many will disagree with your belief.But that shouldn't stop you from fellowship here.

U

Ugly

Welcome. You fooled me with the NC but see i was wrong. That's where I'm from.
I also have had health problems, for the past decade. I have online friends, a couple, none in real life. I live with my dad, and though I have other family around I'm not close to them. I don't go to church, or get out much.
I've always been a bit of an outcast as well. So many things o can relate to.
But I do believe in the Trinity so =P

There are numerous people here that don't believe in the Trinity. A wide variety of Christian beliefs here.
If you don't want rejection I suggest avoiding the BDF (Bible Discussion forum). They will crush your soul in no time flat. No joke. They are mean as a pit of vipers.
The Singles and Misc Forums are the most active, after BDF.

AshleyNC

Nov 29, 2017
(I went to edit my post and accidently deleted it twice because of a spelling error sorry.)
Oh yes I been though much regarding it and know it's history. When I found out about it I was open to it, asking God to forgive me if I am wrong in my understanding. I came to a place this past year where I almost accpeted it only because of pressure from other Christians at the last church I tried to go to. (I am non denominational btw.) I am not here to debate with anyone, I was afraid of even saying this as everything else I said would be overlooked and people would zero in on it and try to change me or turn it into an arugument but it's just not something the Bible ever taught me and I am very firm in my belief. (Also I believe there are 3, I just don't believe Jesus is God.)

U

Ugly

Editing posts has a 5 minute time limit.
If you click Reply With Quote at the bottom of a specific post it will quote that person's post and show who you're responding to. That way people not only know who you're responding to, but what they said.
If you're not looking to debate it then perhaps let the subject die. Otherwise people will keep at it.

AshleyNC

Nov 29, 2017
Editing posts has a 5 minute time limit.
If you click Reply With Quote at the bottom of a specific post it will quote that person's post and show who you're responding to. That way people not only know who you're responding to, but what they said.
If you're not looking to debate it then perhaps let the subject die. Otherwise people will keep at it.
Thank you, I just now am seeing the quotes, hopefully I am doing it right this time!

AshleyNC

Nov 29, 2017
I also have had health problems, for the past decade. I have online friends, a couple, none in real life. I live with my dad, and though I have other family around I'm not close to them. I don't go to church, or get out much.

There are numerous people here that don't believe in the Trinity. A wide variety of Christian beliefs here.
If you don't want rejection I suggest avoiding the BDF (Bible Discussion forum). They will crush your soul in no time flat. No joke. They are mean as a pit of vipers.
Took me a minute to get what you mean, ANC is just my initials.
Yes we do have a lot in common. I live with my family as well but like you said...just not as close with them as my mom. I really don't even exist to my relatives. That's all another long story.
I can get out but have trouble going too far from my home. I do the best I can. There is so much I can't do though.
I went so long wothout going to church, I want it and miss it but the last one just wasn't right for me even though some of the people were lovely.
Thanks for the warning. I am in no way looking to fight or debate with anyone.
Online friends we're the last that I had, hoping to make some new ones. After I lost them it's been really hard.

AshleyNC

Nov 29, 2017
Are you open to the spirit and the possibility there is a trinity? Sometimes we change our minds as we mature in the faith. I don't think you'll have any issue here,though many will disagree with your belief.But that shouldn't stop you from fellowship here.
Hi, sorry I replied to you but did it wrong. Still learning the site. It's still there if you want to read it, to late to edit it but I won't talk anymore on the trinity. Thanks for the warm welcome though. :)

U

Ugly

I can get out as well, but I'm limited. I had a series of issues, one after another, so various things have kept me from getting more active again. I have taken some trips out of state, including Illinois, but only because driving doesn't require a lot of walking haha.

I exist to my family, just not hugely interested in most of them. There's only a few I enjoy spending time with.

If you have any questions on the site there is a sticky post at the top of the New Users forum that may help, though the chat room portion is outdated.
Also there is a User2User Tech forum for such questions.
Or I'm on and off throughout the day for things as well.

J

joefizz

Welcome here you can discuss with bible smart people and possibly make new friends,hope you like it here!
Also well I believe in the trinity but as I've told a few people I'm a "peculiar" Christian because I still like finding out about other biblical beliefs and if I give a like here to you or others it doesn't necessarily mean I agree with someone's post just that I found "truth in it".
Also Ugly is quite right there are many people with a variety of beliefs here from a variety of states and countries and in Bible discussion forum things get heated and if you "aren't prepared" or "braced for someone trying to discredit your beliefs" then it's best to stay out from there.

J

joefizz

Hey I'm in Bible discussion forum and I'm not "mean" though I've wrangled a few vipers in that forum myself while a bit of "spirited" though as you know I do get a bit sarcastic and smart aleck like with the "wise guys and girls in that forum" because well I'm not always here for trivial discussion or fun,when I get "stirred up" I tend to not back down.

cwalcott

Mar 8, 2018
Iam so sorry sounds like you have been through a lot. I will pray my guts out for you to feel better and if you ever need a friend iam here.

K

kaylagrl

(I went to edit my post and accidently deleted it twice because of a spelling error sorry.)
Oh yes I been though much regarding it and know it's history. When I found out about it I was open to it, asking God to forgive me if I am wrong in my understanding. I came to a place this past year where I almost accpeted it only because of pressure from other Christians at the last church I tried to go to. (I am non denominational btw.) I am not here to debate with anyone, I was afraid of even saying this as everything else I said would be overlooked and people would zero in on it and try to change me or turn it into an arugument but it's just not something the Bible ever taught me and I am very firm in my belief. (Also I believe there are 3, I just don't believe Jesus is God.)

Well I believe if you are open the Lord will show you the truth,not just in this instance but in all things. Ask for Him to reveal the truth and never be closed to learning.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
There are quite a few members that suffer from depression, myself included, so please know that you're not alone in this. Hopefully, the site will become a source of peace, comfort and understanding for you. I have said a prayer for God to deliver you from the debilitating cloud of depression that is hovering over you. Thus will allow the healing process to begin. Glad to have you as part of our family. Welcome to CC.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Welcome, and may God Bless your time here.

Without going into the specifics of the Trinity issue, I will say that many people get confused with acceptance and love, and rejection.

Meaning I can absolutely love you, be your friend, and want you to go to my Church, WITHOUT accepting or compromising my faith in Jesus as God in the flesh.

Please don't confuse that rejection of your belief as a lack of love or friendship.

AshleyNC

Nov 29, 2017
Welcome here you can discuss with bible smart people and possibly make new friends,hope you like it here!
Also well I believe in the trinity but as I've told a few people I'm a "peculiar" Christian because I still like finding out about other biblical beliefs and if I give a like here to you or others it doesn't necessarily mean I agree with someone's post just that I found "truth in it".
Also Ugly is quite right there are many people with a variety of beliefs here from a variety of states and countries and in Bible discussion forum things get heated and if you "aren't prepared" or "braced for someone trying to discredit your beliefs" then it's best to stay out from there.
I am still learning, how do you like posts?
I am sadly use to people trying to discredit and insult my beliefs. Not just the Trinity really but just simply believing in God. That's why I want to try to interact here more and possibly make friends. I don't care if people believe in the trinity or not I just really need to be around people that believe in God period and strive to be base their lives on the Bible. I am tired of being around people that reject God and get down on Cristians. I know part of it comes with being a Christian but I been saved since a young age and have felt very different because of it because (besides my mom) I have been surrounded by those that scoff at even the idea of God. :( I sadly use to have friends like this. I also live in a devided family. :(
I see your a pokemon fan? :)

AshleyNC

Nov 29, 2017
Welcome, and may God Bless your time here.

Without going into the specifics of the Trinity issue, I will say that many people get confused with acceptance and love, and rejection.

Meaning I can absolutely love you, be your friend, and want you to go to my Church, WITHOUT accepting or compromising my faith in Jesus as God in the flesh.

Please don't confuse that rejection of your belief as a lack of love or friendship.
Oh I get you, I am glad to hear that! My problem was people actually not wanting anything to do with you or saying your not a Christian (what I was told recently.) I don't think you should ever say that to a person who believes in thr Bible and is always striving to understand it. I wish more people could be like you! I wish so many Christians would stop judging other Christians in their walk.