Hi guys, Messianic Jew here. scripture swap with less hate please.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 12, 2019
Texas
I am thinking about whether should I numb about anything.

I hope God guide Israel in his way.
Pls pray for The sake of kaylagrl, for he or she so love Israel.:sneaky:
You mean very well i think because you are quick to flee to scripture, and i trust you for that.
please never call for prayer for anyone else anywhere like this. it is what kept me from leaving islam sooner.

Sep 12, 2019
Texas
Ajaron.. Welcome.

The New wine is better..

The Old Wine had to be shared and drank for a while.

The risen Bread gives life... but was prepared and given through the unleavened.

Praise YAH for the Law of Love.
p.s What is a Yeshua first believer?
Yes. i'm a believer in christ, and yet good men and women can't stop themselves for instructing me in leaving the law or taking up the law of grace. i live and love IN it always and it's all i rely on. i've read galations as well
Praise YAHH!!! thank you for respectfully writing his title.
A Yeshua first believer isn't a religion or sect or anything like that. i'm just telling you i put the Christ first.

Sep 12, 2019
Texas
I love Heb 11, and the witness of faith of our fathers. So encouraging to see examples of people just like us who have such great faith
Thanks for sharing. Heb11 is a blockbuster for sure. the heroes of faith. plus 11'11 is my favorite hebrews because i love the the scriptures define themselves and concepts within them specifically. no room for wiggle there, makes me feel safe

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
anyway scripture swap? something you loved or affected you strongly, and what you get from it spiritually?
How fun :)

Have you understood, how that the soldiers in 2 Kings 1-2 trying to command Elijah to come down and Elisha to go up, correlate with those at the cross mocking Christ, telling Him to come down? And the 3rd captain of 50 who said to Elijah, have mercy, is as the one on the cross beside Jesus, who said 'remember me when You come to Your kingdom'
Who does the kingdom of heaven belong to but the LORD!

They said to those prophets, you are not men of God - and they said to God, you are not Messiah. They were judged by fire and by she-bears, and they died in their sins, unbelieving.
3 captains and their 50's = 153 fish!

But Elisha said of those who wanted to find the body of Elijah, who was taken to heaven, you will not find the body, do not search - until he was ashamed at their unbelief. They searched for 3 days: the sign of Jonah ;)

Sep 12, 2019
Texas
How fun :)

Have you understood, how that the soldiers in 2 Kings 1-2 trying to command Elijah to come down and Elisha to go up, correlate with those at the cross mocking Christ, telling Him to come down? And the 3rd captain of 50 who said to Elijah, have mercy, is as the one on the cross beside Jesus, who said 'remember me when You come to Your kingdom'
Who does the kingdom of heaven belong to but the LORD!

They said to those prophets, you are not men of God - and they said to God, you are not Messiah. They were judged by fire and by she-bears, and they died in their sins, unbelieving.
3 captains and their 50's = 153 fish!

But Elisha said of those who wanted to find the body of Elijah, who was taken to heaven, you will not find the body, do not search - until he was ashamed at their unbelief. They searched for 3 days: the sign of Jonah ;)
i never noticed that!!!! thanks !
for one you may have not noticed did you know that in Job4 it shows that satan himself incited job's friends coming to see him. they meant well.

Sep 12, 2019
Texas
I wasn't talking about slowing the chat down, i meant slowing the negativity.
Good luck. Many have tried and failed to even make a dent.
well you are right it's only been a couple days and negativity tried to show up for a moment, there's sure to be more to come if people keep coming on here. my thing is i'm fine with negativity, so long as a real bridge is built. if you truly understand what i believe it'll be harder and harder as time goes for negativity to attach itself to our conversation and vice versa.
in any other fashion if you are tired of the neggos, go ahead and drop me a line! i know how to put god first without dropping a 3 page soliloquy. gotchu fam.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Stopping negativity begins with ourselves, not repaying evil with evil but with good, being slow to anger and quick to forgive :)
A kind word turns away wrath!

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Yes. i'm a believer in christ, and yet good men and women can't stop themselves for instructing me in leaving the law or taking up the law of grace. i live and love IN it always and it's all i rely on. i've read galations as well
Praise YAHH!!! thank you for respectfully writing his title.
A Yeshua first believer isn't a religion or sect or anything like that. i'm just telling you i put the Christ first.
You built your house on the Messiah’s Testament .. Enough said.

I have been using YAH well.. YAHVAH and YAHSHUA for a decade nearly.. but thank’s for the thank’s hehe.

I have been likened to a Pharisee and accused of all sorts.. but my belief is.. Build your house where it is Taught to be built by the Good Shepherd.
Father and Son are One..
Anyhow, lovely to see you here.
Glory to the Almighty GOD.

Sep 12, 2019
Texas
You built your house on the Messiah’s Testament .. Enough said.

I have been using YAH well.. YAHVAH and YAHSHUA for a decade nearly.. but thank’s for the thank’s hehe.

I have been likened to a Pharisee and accused of all sorts.. but my belief is.. Build your house where it is Taught to be built by the Good Shepherd.
Father and Son are One..
Anyhow, lovely to see you here.
Glory to the Almighty GOD.
people do get funny about the title and the name and the memorial.
and it's funny you don't come across as the archetypal Sanhedrin member. i think that regardless to what we think or how we deign to to translate the name for english use, all that matters is if we really know what we are saying actually means, and if we can avoid making folk stumble while staying true to what Yahh has given us.

edit: i also have a very very deep believe and understanding of the 3 divine titles on YHWH and on the actual name if you are ever interested in my perspective. if you get interested i'll only answer specific and direct questions.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
...i'm fine with negativity, so long as a real bridge is built...
While in theory bridge-building is a fine thing, in practice it does not work. Someone needs to compromise their beliefs. So we see this "bridge-building" in the Ecumenical Movement, where Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, etc. are all trying to build bridges. And now we have the pope calling Muslims "brothers" when that is completely false.

The fact of the matter is that Messianic Jews chose to separate themselves from Gentile Christians ON NO GROUNDS WHATSOEVER. They wish to be Torah observant and Christians at the same time. Whereas Christians believe that the Law of Moses was valid only until the death of Christ, and the New Covenant is far superior to the Old. So there is a huge gap in the thinking of both groups.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
and it's funny you don't come across as the archetypal Sanhedrin member. i think that regardless to what we think or how we deign to to translate the name for english use, all that matters is if we really know what we are saying actually means, and if we can avoid making folk stumble while staying true to what Yahh has given us.
s

edit: i also have a very very deep believe and understanding of the 3 divine titles on YHWH and on the actual name if you are ever interested in my perspective. if you get interested i'll only answer specific and direct questions.
Worry not.. I will not trouble you.. If GOD wishes to share through you then all in good time.
You have been a refresher.. I will be watching for your posts. :)

Sep 12, 2019
Texas
While in theory bridge-building is a fine thing, in practice it does not work. Someone needs to compromise their beliefs. So we see this "bridge-building" in the Ecumenical Movement, where Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, etc. are all trying to build bridges. And now we have the pope calling Muslims "brothers" when that is completely false.

The fact of the matter is that Messianic Jews chose to separate themselves from Gentile Christians ON NO GROUNDS WHATSOEVER. They wish to be Torah observant and Christians at the same time. Whereas Christians believe that the Law of Moses was valid only until the death of Christ, and the New Covenant is far superior to the Old. So there is a huge gap in the thinking of both groups.
good we have laid our first bridge post. you shared some of what you generalize us to be and believe.
bridge building doesn't mean you HAVE cross and stay on my side. just for you to know how Strongly connected we are. not like that extra abrahamic religion golden rule argument. it's not based on similarities. rom14 is essentially the angle i'm approaching this through.

we didn't choose to separate ourselves. messianic jews are a denomination of christianity, and we are no less christian and christ first then pentacostals are to baptists are to methodists. Also, i hope you will learn when speaking with me and seeing the way i respond to difficulty, that being Teaching observant and following the midrash and mishnah are not partners. the covenant is that the wage has been paid. the Teaching is still there, and i find reward, but no one in my shul thinks that this will lead to everlasting life. we only find that in christ. Where's the division in this? I think you need a couple messianic Jewish friends to talk with before you start telling people what we believe. you have one in me if you'll have me for sure.

Sep 12, 2019
Texas
s

Worry not.. I will not trouble you.. If GOD wishes to share through you then all in good time.
You have been a refresher.. I will be watching for your posts. :)
pity lol i would have enjoyed sharing my perspective, but yeah maybe you can foresee the conflagration that comes with the greatest letters. thank you, and i love you.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
that part in col2 gets REAL good at 20 right on through to col3'1-3. the whole point is that once we are clean, don't look at the cleanliness. we are to look at the cleaner. that can be hard for us as believers. i don't actually think anyone deserves respect, but i'm grateful you took the time out to swap with me. did you know there's a scripture where Yahh states directly in a Law that he will never be angry with us?
it sounds like you understand that everyone is now a gentile no matter if they came from Abraham’s loins by the flesh or not . Everyone alike is in the same boat

“What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭3:9-12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

I think it’s important for us to know that the Jews weren’t the chosen people from the beginning but all mankind was , and then all became wicked . But Noah was chosen and his three sons.

from one of those sons , came Abraham , from Abraham came Isaac and Jacob , then David and eventually Christ.

but when Moses was sent to the children of Israel in Egypt all the world had become wicked , and he then chose from all those wicked a people for himself .

then they too were proven to be sinners like the rest by the law

“Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭3:19‬ ‭

the Jews aren’t less than anyone , or more than anyone . The flesh identity died with Christ

“Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:16-17‬ ‭

so new and gentile is another way of saying “ sinners in the same boat now that the covenant is broken “ all People need Jesus regardless of thier heritage of the flesh

he came first to israel because it was they who received the promise of mercy through repentance and the messiah and then after his crucifixion the same offer was sent to all people the same offer made to Israel not in the law but in the promises of faith in the law and prophets so that like the beginning flesh doesn’t count but character and faith is what the chosen receive whether Israelite , Greek male female dark skinned or light English speaking , Hebrew speaking or Vietnamese speaking nationality is a thing of the flesh but the gospel is birth of the spirit

I’m glad you believe in the messiah nothing else actually matters we need to forget who we were and look into e new throng he’s done and find unity because we’re all on a sinking ship and have the same offer he’s the messiah from prophecy

“This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭4:11-12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

not even Moses name can save us , I don’t think it matters who we were born into in the flesh any longer , but if we are born to God accepting the gospel

“He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:10-12‬ ‭

it’s only because israel was written to reject the messiah that we Gentiles can receive him and e early church was all Jewish believers like yourself but three Paul explained the mystery and they became one in him by the preaching of the gospel first to jew and then gentile making one flock of Twain

“How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭3:3, 5-6, 8-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the faith of Abraham binds us all

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Hi again. How do you know Tanakh are you Mashichim? also, on an unrelated note, you should unblock everyone who has been blocked by you for more than 49 weeks. treat it like a Jubilee year. It'll be freeing.
I may have mentioned that I lived in the largest Jewish community in Washington State, so my appreciation for the Blessed Jewish people are very close to my heart. For quite a significant period of time, my high school best friend was Jewish and his family welcomed me with open arms, regardless of the fact that I was a Christian (only carried the title . . . I hadn't a clue to the Gospel of Circumcision - I was lost but didn't know it).

The Tanakh: Well, every time that I read the entire Bible, I read a different translation than any that I have previously read. Every translation has something amazing to offer, and the Tanakh is no different. In fact, the Tanakh gives support for the Doctrine of Circumcised Hearts that no other "Christian" translation delivers. I'm currently reading the Tanakh and in my opinion, a person would be well advised to read this particular translation that I have . . . it is amazing.

I could be wrong, and you would be the one to correct me, but it seems logical that if anyone could understand and translate a language, it would be the people who have been using that language for thousands of years. I think that it is more reasonable to Trust a Jewish man or woman regarding their original language rather than, say . . . me. And to be honest, I'd like to see a Jewish translation of the New Testament (if you know of one . . . let me know please). :)

That is amazing that you would reference a Jubilee to the releasing of those on my block list. That is so awesome! I would venture to say that few "christians" are even aware of what Jubilee is, but I do . . . I've read the Book of Jubilees and find it to be absolutely fascinating. And by the way, the Book of Jubilees has many incredible things to say and reference regarding Spiritual Circumcision. But anyway, in the past I have unblocked everyone on Christmas Day. I suppose that I should do it on Easter, for I believe that we all should be given chances 77 times 7 times. Most people wouldn't understand my use of the block list . . . I don't use it to control people, but to follow the Biblical advice of issuing a sense of Righteous Shaming. It's just as easy for me to say nothing, but ignoring people without informing them is perhaps the single most abusive thing a person can do to another. I don't do that, but instead, explain what I am doing. And this does not mean that I am greater than anyone else . . . I am not. In fact, God does not require me in the least; He accomplishes His will with whomever He chooses.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
the foundation has been laid, brother, but i don't live on a foundation. i live in a house. I'd simply like to invite you in.
Me too!:) How are we different then? Welcome to CC. Jesus loved the Jewish people. He was one of them. He died for everybody...

Isaiah
53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, [there is] no beauty that we should desire him.
53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were [our] faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
53:5 But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
53:9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither [was any] deceit in his mouth.
53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put [him] to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see [his] seed, he shall prolong [his] days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Isaiah
55:4 Behold, I have given him [for] a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.
55:5 Behold, thou shalt call a nation [that] thou knowest not, and nations [that] knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the LORD thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
i'm just telling you i put the Christ first.
Great! That makes you and I brothers, then. What is all the big hub-bub on this thread about? I am confused.:confused::unsure:

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Hi guys coming in hot. been a long while. I am a Yeshua First Believer, looking for scriptural conversation in short bursts.
Give you all a quick rundown:

- i've read galations. i'm on board for sure.
-i've read hebrews8'7-13 (lol though i prefer jer31'31-34) I'm on board for sure.
-i've loved Christ. for 6 years now. i'm on board. For Certain.

anyway scripture swap? something you loved or affected you strongly, and what you get from it spiritually?
seems people on here have some strong opinions on Jews and the "Law", so perhaps some assumptions will wilt.
maybe we all can leave some negative conventions to the side.
Hi guys coming in hot. been a long while. I am a Yeshua First Believer, looking for scriptural conversation in short bursts.
Give you all a quick rundown:

- i've read galations. i'm on board for sure.
-i've read hebrews8'7-13 (lol though i prefer jer31'31-34) I'm on board for sure.
-i've loved Christ. for 6 years now. i'm on board. For Certain.

seems people on here have some strong opinions on Jews and the "Law", so perhaps some assumptions will wilt.
maybe we all can leave some negative conventions to the side.
Jesse or Yeshi may be translated fully to God My Redeemer *Yah.)

David may be also translated as Beloved, the Son of Yeshi.

Yeshua or Yeshi - Yahu is My redeemer Yah.

If this is not Good News, nothing is. Praise God, or, Halleluyah!

Sep 12, 2019
Texas
it sounds like you understand that everyone is now a gentile no matter if they came from Abraham’s loins by the flesh or not . Everyone alike is in the same boat

the faith of Abraham binds us all
there are so many things to comment on here, but for the sake of actual discussion, i'll stick to one at a time. please do the same! lol
it is true that we are all seeds of Abraham. and we are adopted by the spirit of adoptionship in the Christ. that doesn't make us all gentile. because Yahh didn't make as excellent a promise to the Goyim nations as he did to Abraham for his faith's sake. and for Yahh's name sake. i'm referring to psalm 89 starting in the 25th verse, and ending with the selah.
I'm not implying that we are with the same covenant as Moses. i'm saying it's far more so than saying we are all gentile, is saying we are all in israel and are being called chosen. the covenant for israel has changed. but isaiah 56'3 exists is all i'm saying.