Hi guys, Messianic Jew here. scripture swap with less hate please.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
That should be "We are together in THE CHURCH". Not in Israel. God has another plan for redeemed and restored Israel, but at present redeemed Jews and Gentiles are in the Church -- the Body of Christ.

And since you are a black Christian, you cannot even call yourself "Messianic". Only converted Jews take that designation.
Ayaron is probably in the top most brilliant of this forum's membership. He has astounded me with his insight.

This attitude that what you call a black cannot be of Israel, that of God I say, is Satanic, not misinformed, Satanic, so for thefirst time ever I will sink to use a word you bein many of thour responses with, Wrong!

I am so proud of our Father for His constant attention and the blessings He lavishes upon us,even upon me.

One of my greatesst blessings is have been given to meet Ayaron, my child and brother and real family in this forum

Go, pray, repent of your foolishness in stating such a thing.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Who said anything about skin color affecting salvation? In fact, if there is neither Jew nor Gentile in the Body of Christ, it should be obvious that Messianic Jews are not holding totally to the teachings of the New Testament. They are maintaining a distinction between Jews and Gentiles. And segregation in either black or white churches is also unacceptable to God.

However, there is no question that the Leftists and Communists in America are using racial differences to divide people, and using Critical Race Theory to destroy America. And Christians need to speak out against that nonsense.
If you read the post to which you have responded, it was eitther and dor. Try to concentrate a bit before running to remove splinters.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
If we discuss Jesus' truth and offend Jewish recognition, shall we not speak the truth

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
If a student of the Word does not ac tually know the definition of the word tossed about, this is , sadly, ignorance with no desire to seek.

Sep 12, 2019
Texas
you seem very emotionally driven it’s odd because I’ve not intended to insult or offend you with a single word I think we have a lot of disagreement and also you aren’t understanding what I’m saying

but I’ve meant no offense to ya just your op the first original post you do t seem to want to discuss those things you brought up in the original post

like all those scriptures you feel are so in irrelevant and seem to not even read them you seem as if you came I. Offended to this post but it’s all good insults and stuff don’t bother me at all pompous lol haven’t heard that word in a bit

I think perception is sometimes an issue especially when someone doesn’t agree

I don’t see any value honestly in continuing honsnelty tou haven’t even addressed by of the posts I left you just complained and insisted I was insulting you and needed to re read all your posts lol
i didn't mean it as an insult to say you came off less pompous, but i was wrong to word it that way. i'm a convert. came over about 6 years ago. people outside this culture see it as pompous to be sending all this scripture with ZERO actual communication. like i said, you want to meet me on a zoom call and preach to me i'll listen to you for hours, but you AREN'T messaging me out of love here. you want to have an actual conversation, please do, but yeah if not there's no room to build a bridge.

additionally i didn't need you to read all my posts. just the first one it puts what i'm looking for in context. anyway i'm not offended by you, but if you send many scriptures, and i ask you to explain 2, and you don't even address me, it will make the conversation lopsided, and also put this instead of as peers, and the instructor and the instructee. that's not what i need on this forum, but if you want to zoom call, or discord, or just meet in the temple courts on the christianchat mobile app, lmk, i'll meet you and you can slam me with scripture there.

Sep 12, 2019
Texas
That should be "We are together in THE CHURCH". Not in Israel. God has another plan for redeemed and restored Israel, but at present redeemed Jews and Gentiles are in the Church -- the Body of Christ.

And since you are a black Christian, you cannot even call yourself "Messianic". Only converted Jews take that designation.
ok, good time to build a bridge! The majority of jewish people are not white men. the jewish people you are used to seeing in media or Ashkenazi jew. they are from northern europe. the middle eastern jews you may think next are a small spanish sect called Sephardi
my father is from spain, and his mother is Sephardi.
a couple of common sects besides are the Mizrahi which are arab jews, and my own mother's Teimani, they are from Yemen.
There are MANY MANY branches of judaism that hail from North africa. from Ethiopia, all the way to Morocco.

Secondly, judaism is a religion. race has nothing to do with it. although ethnically jewish, i was raised in islam. I converted from islam to judaism, to jesus. that would make me a messianic jew.

Thirdly, The church and israel are the same thing, dude. there is A LOT of scripture that can't be set aside on it.
that said,

i didn't expect you to have any of this information. race isn't necessary, especially when you are talking about something you clearly know very little about. i'd very very much like to talk with you directly through christian chat on maybe the 26th or 27th.

Sep 12, 2019
Texas
I don't think Peter was in the control of the adversary when the Lord said get behind me satan.

I think Peter was expressing his care and love for his friend.

He just inadvertantly disagreed with Gods Plan, unknowingly.

I think it shows that even when we THINK we are being "good" before God we are not even close.
i agree. i just believe, that even when we have good intentions they can serve the world instead of Yahh. that is the best definition of what the adversary is trying to do.

Sep 12, 2019
Texas
Who said anything about skin color affecting salvation? In fact, if there is neither Jew nor Gentile in the Body of Christ, it should be obvious that Messianic Jews are not holding totally to the teachings of the New Testament. They are maintaining a distinction between Jews and Gentiles. And segregation in either black or white churches is also unacceptable to God.

However, there is no question that the Leftists and Communists in America are using racial differences to divide people, and using Critical Race Theory to destroy America. And Christians need to speak out against that nonsense.
sorry for the double up, but you sound like a republican. So you must know Ben Carson, right? trump brought him into the cabinet over transportation? do you know his race and his religion? may interest you.

Sep 12, 2019
Texas
Ayaron is probably in the top most brilliant of this forum's membership. He has astounded me with his insight.

This attitude that what you call a black cannot be of Israel, that of God I say, is Satanic, not misinformed, Satanic, so for thefirst time ever I will sink to use a word you bein many of thour responses with, Wrong!

I am so proud of our Father for His constant attention and the blessings He lavishes upon us,even upon me.

One of my greatesst blessings is have been given to meet Ayaron, my child and brother and real family in this forum

Go, pray, repent of your foolishness in stating such a thing.
Thank you for standing for me in the gap, but the best way to build a bridge is to actually have this dialogue.
It'll be so sweet if even a little bit of misunderstanding is released. but i don't think anyone is being malicious. i just think some can't be communicated with.

besides, i was careful in how i worded this thread. i said less hate. not no hate lol

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
You continue to astound me. HOwever do not let that go to your head, it is Yeshua in you doing that .. Keep up the good works.

Mar 23, 2016
I love to read through 2 Corinthians 3 - 5 ...

2 Cor 3 ... where we learn that there is a veil upon the heart which is taken away once our hearts turn to the Lord Jesus Christ ... and as we read Scripture with an open face (no veil), we are changed from glory of the OC to glory of the NC. :cool:

2 Cor 4 ... where we learn about the ministry which is entrusted to us ... even though we are imperfect and weak, attacked on every side ... yet we hold the treasure of the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ in an earthen vessel so that the excellency of the power rests solely in God, not in us. :cool:

2 Cor 5 ... where we learn we are a new creation in Christ ... enabled with the Word of reconciliation in order that we may function as ambassadors for Christ and faithfully carry out the ministry of reconciliation entrusted to us. :cool:

Having said that, one of my favorite verses is 1 Timothy 6:6

But godliness with contentment is great gain. :cool::cool::cool:

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
I love to read through 2 Corinthians 3 - 5 ...

2 Cor 3 ... where we learn that there is a veil upon the heart which is taken away once our hearts turn to the Lord Jesus Christ ... and as we read Scripture with an open face (no veil), we are changed from glory of the OC to glory of the NC. :cool:

2 Cor 4 ... where we learn about the ministry which is entrusted to us ... even though we are imperfect and weak, attacked on every side ... yet we hold the treasure of the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ in an earthen vessel so that the excellency of the power rests solely in God, not in us. :cool:

2 Cor 5 ... where we learn we are a new creation in Christ ... enabled with the Word of reconciliation in order that we may function as ambassadors for Christ and faithfully carry out the ministry of reconciliation entrusted to us. :cool:

Having said that, one of my favorite verses is 1 Timothy 6:6

But godliness with contentment is great gain. :cool::cool::cool:
What you are describing is Colossians 2:9-15. But what we're told is that we are whole (and complete) just as Christ is whole, because Christ is in the Father. The Veil being removed is the Sinful Nature. This is called Circumcision of the Heart . . . the utter Core of the entire Bible. The Gospel of Circumcision is the single most important concept that we all should seek and know.

Mar 23, 2016
What you are describing is Colossians 2:9-15.
Did you read through the chapters (2 Corinthians 3 - 5)? There is a lot packed in those chapters and my rendering of what is included in those chapters is but a brief synopsis (and a poor one at that ... compared to the bountiful goodness found in reading through the 3 chapters).

2ndTimothyGroup said:
But what we're told is that we are whole (and complete) just as Christ is whole, because Christ is in the Father. The Veil being removed is the Sinful Nature. This is called Circumcision of the Heart . . . the utter Core of the entire Bible. The Gospel of Circumcision is the single most important concept that we all should seek and know.
hmmm ... and all this time, I have believed it is the gospel of Christ which is most needful:

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for
it [the gospel of Christ] is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Having said that, I understand what you are saying about the importance of the circumcision of the heart ...

Romans 2:26-29 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision? And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law? For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
hmmm ... and all this time, I have believed it is the gospel of Christ which is most needful
The Gospel of Christ [is] the Gospel of Circumcision. What does Jesus do to ensure Salvation? Exactly what God foretold He would do to those who are True Jews, as expressed in Romans 2:28-29 in your quote above. This is exactly what the entire Bible centers around.

Ezekiel 36:25-27 KJV - "Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. 26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them."

Just because you haven't heard of something before, doesn't mean that it isn't True.

Mar 23, 2016
Deuteronomy 10:16-17 Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked. For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Deuteronomy 10:16-17 Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked. For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward
I like this passage - thanks for posting. Sometimes, it's easy to think terrible problems - such as pride and being stiff-necked - aren't so bad, ugly or sinful, and that they can be cured by trying a little harder, or perhaps applying a little balm or the right ointment. Deuteronomy makes it quite clear that such problems are actually deep rooted and much more severe, and these heart afflictions as we are all born with require a removal procedure - supernatural circumcision - to cure.

glen55

Jul 10, 2021
Hi guys coming in hot. been a long while. I am a Yeshua First Believer, looking for scriptural conversation in short bursts.
Give you all a quick rundown:

- i've read galations. i'm on board for sure.
-i've read hebrews8'7-13 (lol though i prefer jer31'31-34) I'm on board for sure.
-i've loved Christ. for 6 years now. i'm on board. For Certain.

anyway scripture swap? something you loved or affected you strongly, and what you get from it spiritually?
seems people on here have some strong opinions on Jews and the "Law", so perhaps some assumptions will wilt.
maybe we all can leave some negative conventions to the side.
like Paul stated he could be what ever people are thinking is correct to learn grace which is not works or male, or female, Jew or educated man, rich or poor etc......free gift is like grace it is free. judgment is a blinder. in your heart is where you get the gift that stops judging others, not even Saul. a lot of scripture is explained outside stories but actually happens inside the heart, the simple thought good or bad is all it takes within to measure the judge is really for self not others. grace always forgives.

Jul 23, 2018
Thank you for standing for me in the gap, but the best way to build a bridge is to actually have this dialogue.
It'll be so sweet if even a little bit of misunderstanding is released. but i don't think anyone is being malicious. i just think some can't be communicated with.

besides, i was careful in how i worded this thread. i said less hate. not no hate lol
Maybe just leave out the ethnic hurdle.

I think all messianic Jews can easily gather at the cross where we all find common ground.

I can do the " hey guys i am Jewish" thingy for a few steps then i am turning green after a while.

I see the ethnic thingy as indirect.

glen55

Jul 10, 2021
Saul was a great reader of OT and thought he was right with reading it like history, destroyed spiritual truth and grace that happens in man not outside stories, after being woke up by God inside then the history is shown as allegory like Paul was shown in his heart.

Gal 1:11But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 12For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

13For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

3:26For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. ALLEGORY NOT HISTORY.

ALLEGORY 22For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. 23But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. 24Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. 25For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. 26But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Phil 2:5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: PRAY ABOUT HISTORY ACTUALLY. JOHN 17:5 SHOULD BE YOUR PRAYER,

2COR 13:5Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?