Hi, have anger management issues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Kaylyn

Jan 3, 2018
I'm looking for others who struggle with anger management issues while also being Christians.

Last edited:

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Welcome to CC. You'll get more answers if you post this in the Family forum, where it belongs. :)

I'm looking for others who struggle with anger management issues while also being Christians.

J

joefizz

Welcome here you can discuss with bible smart people and possibly make new friends,hope you like it here!

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Why do you get angry?

As a Spirit-filled Pentecostal Christian I am ideally supposed to
be walking in the Spirit and bearing fruit unto the Holy Spirit.

Temperance or self-control is a segment of this fruit and the
epistles teach us of the need for temperance in all things.
I know the theory but somehow I just don't quite always do it.

I can lose my cool. Yes cursing and bad words can come outta my
mouth. I can get angry with the Lord because things don't go my way.

I've already confessed way too much.

In the end the only way forward is to pray to overcome my faults.
Faults! Did I say that?

I guess when Bob witnessed to me about becoming a Christian and being filled
with the Holy Spirit I thought that I would become perfect and goody-goody.
But it doesn't work out that way. Should of read the fine print.

Acknowledging or confessing our sin is the path to overcoming and victory.
As a Pentecostal Christian I can pray in the power of the Holy Spirit, that is
praying in tongues. And I am a lot better at my walk than I have been
previously over the years.

But even if you do not pray in tongues your prayers and desires are
the way to go. Put all things at the feet of Jesus.
So why do you have an anger management issue?
Seek your counsel and healing in Jesus.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Hello Kaylyn, welcome to Christian Chat :) I hope you enjoy your time with us!

Don't be shy :D There are many forums to post in :) God bless you

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
Hi Kaylyn, Having anger issues just means you have more growing to do. Maybe it would be helpful to explain why you are so angry? Talking about things does help. Admitting our faults helps also, which you already did.

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
Here is a good link that may be helpful:

[video]http://www.biblestudyguide.org/articles/anger/be-angry-and-do-not-sin.htm[/video]

S

Sweetmorningdew78

Hi! Kaylyn :) Welcome to CC :)

Happy new year!

GOD bless you ❤

Dec 23, 2017
My Wife has that Problem because her parents fought violentlly at home.

You have to have Compassion for Humans and Animals who Suffer in this World.

Practice MERCY and Empathy for Everyone

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
Sister Kayalyn It is no sin to become angry. Jesus got angry!!( John 2:12-17) Called zeal verse 17 hehe. Jesus was not a happy camper against the Scribes and Pharisees either!( matt 23:13-36) almost angry for the whole chapter!! LOl NOW!!!

Here is what the Lord taught me about anger,you can confirm this for yourself of course!! Anger as in any emotional outburst should always have purpose to it. For myself I used anger to get me off feeling sorry for myself about stupid situations!( 1 Cor 16:13-14!!)

If anger does not have purpose then anger can indeed cloud sound judgment! Someone calls you a bad name and you get so angry you say things you should have never said to them,and I am sorry is way to late,because you can never take back words after you release them! Judgement clouded, see?

But anger can be a great motiver to kick oneself where it is needed to move forward rather then standing still in ones relationship with our Jesus!( Phil 3:12-14!!) I sure needed to! And by doing this I matured so much faster,because placing oneself needing to always be instructed by the Lord is where we need to be and stay!( Rom 8:14-15)

No one has to tell you sister just how important our words about ourself mean, as well as to others! We know now!! And so we remember God's words written upon our heart.( Col 4:6) And we think twice now before speaking once! One's faith can become shipwrecked in a heartbreak if we as believers do not look to allow our Jesus to control our tongue!( 1 Tim 1:19) and my first lesson in the Lord James 3:1-18!!!!

Wisdom from Jesus flows upon his Word knowledge! I have found out anyway. And the sooner we deal with our sorry flesh in this matter,the less angry we can become over stupid matters!( 1 Cor 9:23-27!!!) PURPOSE!!! Of course sister I am not yet perfect myself in these matters, but I sure am much more aware of how words can shape and mold myself and others now!!

Just do not go into the most deepest valley!!!The valley of excuses!! We are now accountable, we must act this way as well!!( James 1:22) Hope this encourages you, and helps you to understand just how important words and deeds have become to the believer now sister.

Kaylyn

Jan 3, 2018
Thank you so much joefizz!

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
For Anger Management you're in the right place.

Please go into the Bible Discussion Forum,
pick a topic,
and vent until you begin to feel relief.

I'm pretty sure that's what everyone else does.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Hi Kaylyn, I'm still learning how to overcome anger - I'm much better now! Wooohooo! But, I'm not quite there yet.

The ONLY way out of anger is to forgive. As funny as it sounds, God had an anger issue, too - with us! LOL! There are actually still some in danger of His wrath. Yikes!

Anyways, forgiveness is how to deal with anger. Also, try to stay away from being too judgmental or critical of others opinions can help. :)

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
For Anger Management you're in the right place.

Please go into the Bible Discussion Forum,
pick a topic,
and vent until you begin to feel relief.

I'm pretty sure that's what everyone else does.
Amen. Words of truth. Lol

Kaylyn

Jan 3, 2018
Sorry I haven't been on here for a few days, I have the flu.

Kaylyn

Jan 3, 2018
Still fighting the flu. Please bear with me, I will be back.