Hi. I'm new.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CindyFauch

Jul 2, 2023
My name is Cindy.

I came into this room specifically to get feedback from other strong believers that think the bible is absolutely true. Also, looking for intercessors that believe and have witnessed that prayer is a powerful tool that many times, with the leading of the spirit, moves mountains.

I have found my church, although wonderful in many ways, discourages the prayer warrior and has much attention on the fact prayer is for the person praying first and foremost. No emphasis whatsoever on true intercession lead by the Holy Spirit, inspired by the promises in the bible, quoting back to God His word, and the miracles this has produced.

I was overlooking this because I did not get bit directly by this lack of faith in prayer itself until today.

I have been both a recipient of deliverance and have seen much deliverance to ever doubt His mercy on those He sets His love upon.

Today, I asked a minister at my church for prayer for my son, who is very far from God. and I shared that I have had many dreams where God promises to purify my son's household, and even shared that I have many bible verses to back the claim that God will intervene for my children.

My basis and my foundation:

Isaiah 59:21, which is the covenant with God for His family carrying His Spirit and Word from our generation to the next generation for now and forevermore...There is also the promise of the household salvation in Acts, Isaiah 65:23 promises He will not let His own bear children headed for ultimate destruction and then , Isaiah 54:13, promises that He will teach our children and great will be the peace of our children and on and on...I only scratched the surface.

God also leads me and I not only have dreams but sometimes He speaks directly to me, (sometimes in correction), and He leads me in my daily walk. I do believe in taking care of the poor etc, and praying without ceasing.

Back to my situation:

This young minister told me today that my child might not chose to get saved. I gently stated, it is not choice. We are chosen before the beginning of the World,(Ephesians 1:4). Ezekiel 36:26-37 states (paraphrased) it is ONLY God that softens hearts, makes us repentant and produce fruit for His holy name's sake.

I did not get huffy toward the minister. I respect the fact that he was not trying to go against my stand for my son.... but please....

So happy for the Word of God. I look deeply for what He is saying. He is Sovreign and He is always good. He will not give us children for destruction and let's not forget household salvation. I know I am hammering the point, but shouldn't somebody? I am sure I do not stand alone here. Our dark times require faith in the goodness and mercies of God.

I wonder, should I leave this church or stay and pray over their prayer life?

I know that was a mouthful. Thoughts? Hope I didn't lose anybody. It was lengthy I know.

I would like to share my songs someday....if anyone wants to see the words He gave me.

In Christ, much love to all.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
My name is Cindy.

I came into this room specifically to get feedback from other strong believers that think the bible is absolutely true.
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome To Chat. I will pray for you and yours.

Concerning prayers that God answers 'no,' this may be
helpful for encouragement/edification:

GRACE Word For our infirmities!

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II). ← PG Rated "Approved" *

Grace, Peace, And JOY!… + RICH Blessings ♫ 😇 ↑

* PG = Perfect God / Parental Guidance:

Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png

CindyFauch

Jul 2, 2023
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome To Chat. I will pray for you and yours.

Concerning prayers that God answers 'no,' this may be
helpful for encouragement/edification:

GRACE Word For our infirmities!

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II). ← PG Rated "Approved" *

Grace, Peace, And JOY!… + RICH Blessings ♫ 😇 ↑

* PG = Perfect God / Parental Guidance:

View attachment 253097
Thank you for the encouragement. I KNOW God is for us and is able to do exceedingly, abundantly and above all we ask or think according to His riches and glory. I am going through grandparent alienation and until a little over a month ago, I was taking my 3 year old grandson to church. I am heartbroken but hopeful because when God is for us, who can be against us? Much love and thank you again. I need love right now...and encouragement. You gave both.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
My name is Cindy.
Back to my situation:
This young minister told me today that my child might not chose to get saved.

Hello Cindy,

If I were you, I'd sit down and share this video with your son. Then I would pause it and pray the prayer at the end with him.

That is what the Apostle Paul was talking about when he responded to the Phillipian jailer's question In Acts 16.
May your entire family be blessed with that precious gift.

" 29Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas, 30And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi Cindy and welcome to CC!!! I understand your dilemma and it would be hard to stay in a church that is shy on intercession. While I get what he's saying, it's seems best to pray for anyone unsaved. If we start with the mindset 'they may not be chosen', esp one's child, that produces a lack of faith to start with. I would pray and be attentive to your churches teachings, if other msgs are not anointed or simply not right, I would indeed change churches. Wow, I pray and know God will guide you in this and may your son's spiritual ears be opened to the Holy Spirit! Btw many Scriptures on praying/interceding for others. God bless & keep your family🙏
1 Timothy 2:1 ESV
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people,

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
My name is Cindy.

I came into this room specifically to get feedback from other strong believers that think the bible is absolutely true. Also, looking for intercessors that believe and have witnessed that prayer is a powerful tool that many times, with the leading of the spirit, moves mountains.

I have found my church, although wonderful in many ways, discourages the prayer warrior and has much attention on the fact prayer is for the person praying first and foremost. No emphasis whatsoever on true intercession lead by the Holy Spirit, inspired by the promises in the bible, quoting back to God His word, and the miracles this has produced.

I was overlooking this because I did not get bit directly by this lack of faith in prayer itself until today.

I have been both a recipient of deliverance and have seen much deliverance to ever doubt His mercy on those He sets His love upon.

Today, I asked a minister at my church for prayer for my son, who is very far from God. and I shared that I have had many dreams where God promises to purify my son's household, and even shared that I have many bible verses to back the claim that God will intervene for my children.

My basis and my foundation:

Isaiah 59:21, which is the covenant with God for His family carrying His Spirit and Word from our generation to the next generation for now and forevermore...There is also the promise of the household salvation in Acts, Isaiah 65:23 promises He will not let His own bear children headed for ultimate destruction and then , Isaiah 54:13, promises that He will teach our children and great will be the peace of our children and on and on...I only scratched the surface.

God also leads me and I not only have dreams but sometimes He speaks directly to me, (sometimes in correction), and He leads me in my daily walk. I do believe in taking care of the poor etc, and praying without ceasing.

Back to my situation:

This young minister told me today that my child might not chose to get saved. I gently stated, it is not choice. We are chosen before the beginning of the World,(Ephesians 1:4). Ezekiel 36:26-37 states (paraphrased) it is ONLY God that softens hearts, makes us repentant and produce fruit for His holy name's sake.

I did not get huffy toward the minister. I respect the fact that he was not trying to go against my stand for my son.... but please....

So happy for the Word of God. I look deeply for what He is saying. He is Sovreign and He is always good. He will not give us children for destruction and let's not forget household salvation. I know I am hammering the point, but shouldn't somebody? I am sure I do not stand alone here. Our dark times require faith in the goodness and mercies of God.

I wonder, should I leave this church or stay and pray over their prayer life?

I know that was a mouthful. Thoughts? Hope I didn't lose anybody. It was lengthy I know.

I would like to share my songs someday....if anyone wants to see the words He gave me.

In Christ, much love to all.
May God bless your faith in Him

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
#ICAMETOSHARE

R.jpg Friendly.png
" A very restless and disturbing society has come upon the land,
and one can only hope and pray to be an example and not the problem.
'And an example being 'Christ like'...and to act upon the 'principles of life'...
and love being our greatest asset, so long as one is led by the Holy Spirit,
and this shall be an endless challenge...spiritual discipline.'

MessengerofTruth

Dec 21, 2022
Hi Cindy, I appreciate you sharing. I am in a similar situation. I have 2 children that are not serving GOD. I appreciate the scriptures you shared.

I agree that it would be hard to continue to be where you are not encouraged or edified in something you hold so dear. I am not sure what the answer is. I would definitely be praying for them and do all the LORD is calling you to do.

I am glad you are here. May the LORD bless your time here. :)