Hi there. I've tried twice to post as a brand-noob but have been ignored. Is it because I included a link? Testing Testing?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I've tried twice to post as a brand-noob but have been ignored. Is it because I included a link?
Possibly. While including personal info such as email address, phone numbers, or names on
other sites is discouraged (for your protection) due to the fact that the whole world can then
see it, links promoting personal websites are not allowed. So I am not sure what was rejected,
or on what basis, but it seems you did eventually find a winning combination. Congratulations!

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
I almost don't want to say anything here for fear of being rejected yet again. But I'll not included a link this time.
Anybody out there?
Thanks
Martin
Try filling out your profile page there might be a place there you can add your link. Mebbe they make ya wait a while.

You see that I've managed to sneak a link at the foot of my posts.

Apr 22, 2013
I almost don't want to say anything here for fear of being rejected yet again. But I'll not included a link this time.
Anybody out there?
Thanks
Martin
Welcome!

Not sure if admin deleted other posts you may have made, but your profile says you only made 2 total posts so far. This one, and the exact same one as this one.

Were there other posts you made that were deleted?

Feb 2, 2023
Anybody out there?
Thanks
Martin
Welcome!

I think what you experienced is the "waiting period" and everyone here goes through it :)

When a new thread (such as this one) is made and you hit "post" it goes into "pending approval" mode. The post wont show up publicly until a site mode approves and allows it through. The site mods are volunteers and therefore the length of time from creating a thread to seeing it publicly appear can vary. It sounds like that is what you experienced.

On the other hand, when a thread is posted publicly and someone replies to it, that reply will post and be seen right away.
You might have noticed that when you posted this reply:
Love the avatar. :) Thanks for the welcome!

There could be times when the mods don't approve of something to post publicly...
but what do I know about that? Not much, I'm just a member. Except, maybe like already shared:
links promoting personal websites are not allowed. So I am not sure what was rejected,
or on what basis, but it seems you did eventually find a winning combination. Congratulations!
What I'm trying to say is just give your new threads some time, and if you don't see it after a day or two and have questions/concerns about it, then reach out.

In the mean time, feel free to browse the forums and join in the conversations.

Be blessed!

Jul 3, 2015
ah oh right but I am not sure it had to be.
Outside links are quite all right when showing a source, like if you quote something from gotquestions
while answering someomne else, for instance, and that is actually required so as to not plagiarize,
whereas links promoting a book written by the poster or promoting a personal website? Erm, not so much.
But any link redirecting to elsewhere on this site is perfectly acceptable...

:D