Hi

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
I've been drinking so much. I want to stop but there's nothing to fill in it's place. I can't walk straight or move normal and sit and cry about my dead pets.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I've been drinking so much. I want to stop but there's nothing to fill in it's place. I can't walk straight or move normal and sit and cry about my dead pets.
Mind you, although I'm not a doctor, I am a recovering alcoholic and I also have major depressive disorder also. I used to drink at my depression for temporary relief. The relief was only temporary and it actually made everything worse in the long run until I had a moment of spiritual clarity when I was at the end of my rope. Nobody could tell me what was wrong with me so I won't tell you whats wrong with you either. You need to come to grips with your own reality just like I did. But I have known 1000s like myself that did. I met them in AA, NA and Celebrate recovery meetings. It's free. There are many others that have learned to come to grips with life on life's terms there. Alcohol will only lead to pitiful and incomprehensible demoralization and WILL eventually lead to jails, institutions and eventually death if it isn't set aside.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
"There are only Twelve Simple Principles by which one leads a truly Spiritual Life. Honesty, Hope, Faith, Courage, Integrity, Willingness, Humility, Brotherly Love, Justice, Perseverance, Spirituality, and Service. NONE of these are possible without the development of TRUST! YOU WILL LEARN TO TRUST ENOUGH WHEN YOU HAVE HURT ENOUGH. There is very little hope of ever putting these into Practice if we always do things the way we have always done things. WE MUST CHANGE THE WAY WE DO THINGS TO CHANGE THE WAY WE ARE! -- NOW!! ..........:)
'Praise God'

View attachment 199283
I have copied this over from Bob's CRA thread for you, Umzza. Thank you, @Bingo :)

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
12 step protocol; Often while in the role of education I use the term you, we or they but when sharing from the heart we are taught to speak in the 'I' form. I never call someone an alcoholic or and addict that hasn't admitted it. It's is against the established boundaries and called "doing someone else's inventory." I had to do my own and admit to god myself and another human that an alcoholic is what I am. Further more, I believe that I will never again be able to take it or leave it like most people. Thus I will never be cured. Recovery is a lifelong process. So I never will claim to be fully recovered. What is called backsliding in Churches is called relapse in 12 step rooms.

From now on there will only be two states I can be in. recovery or relapse. I choose recovery. There is a different dialect within recovery rooms. It took a while to catch on. So I had to keep comming back till I was ready to get real with myself and admit my shortcomings. The thread CRA has had 477 posts and over 4000 views so far. Theirs plenty of info there but and we can share from the heart. Those of us who have posted there, for the most part, know many of the things you are going through. We are willing, ready and able to help, IF you are ready and willing to follow "Good Orderly Directions", and be honest and open minded. When a bad habit becomes a chronic disease certain steps have been laid out for us to follow. There's no magic pill or Genie to come out of a bottle. It won't go away. We came to realize that, we followed the directions and sought the help of God first and others who have been there. The prayer request you have made for your self would be best made by you to God, and not by us.

Put on your big girl pants, swallow your pride and admit the truth. No one can do it for you. All it takes is honesty, open mindedness and willingness, from the beginning. If you can learn those qualities you're on the way. Just suit up and show up, one day at a time...

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
How about using GOD to fill in where the alcohol fails? And ask Him to take away your desire to drink. And your deceased pets are in a much better place, right up in heaven with Jesus. :)

danja

Nov 28, 2014
i see from your posts that you are suffering and you really need help .Please seek help ,You can do it with the help of God .
I will keep you in my prayers <3

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I like the prayer request forum because if feels like the nicest place here and safe from arguments.
Ok then, I pray that you Seriously deal with your problems and get help. Maybe join a program. It won't go away, It'll just lie in wait till you are depressed or weak. You have to deal with it!

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
It’s too much and too many words sometimes. So many people respond and I am too tired to respond sometimes. I usually read everything but it takes too long to think everything through and respond to everything. Like I spent maybe half an hour writing this. Unless I’m drunk, it takes me a while to think things through and respond. So sorry for delays and missing stuff and not getting stuff.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
It’s too much and too many words sometimes. So many people respond and I am too tired to respond sometimes. I usually read everything but it takes too long to think everything through and respond to everything. Like I spent maybe half an hour writing this. Unless I’m drunk, it takes me a while to think things through and respond. So sorry for delays and missing stuff and not getting stuff.
That is one of the reasons why it is suggested to newcomers that they go to ninety meetings in ninety days: nobody gets it all at once. You don't like one particular meeting? No problem! There are plenty of others. Don't like sharing, or don't know what to say? Say so. Go to listen. Think about what is said as you have time. More will be revealed. And keep going back.

Link to Emotions Anonymous meeting finder.

Link to Narcotics Anonymous meeting finder.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Hi umzza,
While we cannot read and reply to you 24/7, God can hear you all the time! Do not allow the enemy to deceive you that no one cares, for even when we're not online some ppl here definitely are praying. As some others here mention once in a while to others in some similar situation, we may not know you personally, but we do care, and look fwd to the day when you're over this and are rejoicing w/ us and others who have joined you in prayer and helping you recover!

Remember God makes all things beautiful in His time, and i do believe that when you're done with this, its ur turn to be encouraging others as youve been helped and encouraged.

I'm praying!

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
563e0526621ea_man_praying_silhouette-resized-600-Copy_jpg_0b82847a16daaa9ce48d0ca8f14dc4d5 - C...png ... man-praying - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg ......... hope-in-focus - Copy - Copy - Copy (2).jpg .... Friendly.png

animated-dove-gif-8.gif

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
I’m sorry you are going through so much, Umzza. I’m praying for God’s healing, strength and comfort. May He intervene in your circumstances and bring His peace as you look to Him. Hnag in there, sister.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless umzza, in this matter. Help to stay away from drinking and enjoy life in other good things. Please bless, in Jesus lovinv nsme, Amen!