Hillsong worship

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
So on Monday I came across a video on YouTube that talked about Hillsong worship being uhhh antichrist, supporting certain things that aren't really CHRISTIAN
And in the comments section I saw people saying "after watching this I deleted all their songs from my playlist, I dumped all their CDs in the trashcan " and stuff like that

But what I don't get is, let's say they are what the video say they are
Why delete the songs?
They were convicted to do so that is all that is to it.

For me music is but a venue in which to lift up our voices to GOD in praise in worship. If I am not or can not make the song my praise or prayer to the GOD in Heaven what is the point of it then.

Just like when a persons on the pulpit leads out in prayer. If I can not make the prayer mine to GOD what is the point of even bowing my head or lifting my arms to Heaven.

Hillsong could be singing and praising to a false god; I don't know. But what I do know is, if one of their songs is playing I use it to lift my voice up to the GOD in Heaven. The GOD of Jesus Christ our LORD.

L

Locoponydirtman

Nothing this guy says or shows, is in context. For example, the video could be about the condition of the modern church falling away.
The passion of the Christ was a gruesome event so production to depict that is not far fetched.
So I still have nothing to say one way or the other about them. Other than I'm not a fan of their music. I have never bothered to listen to a message or go to one of their conferences. I am not inclined to say anything negative or positive about them because even in light of this video. I still no very little about them.

7seasrekeyed

I suspect the music has become the 'end game' and bands are 'worshipped' rather than God

when the church service consists of 2 hours of swaying with your hands up and eyes closed and the teaching is 20 minutes or passed over entirely because 'the Holy Spirit has taken over the service and let's just let Him have His way' then the music is the be all and end all...not to mention the huge money maker Hillsong music is for the church...other similar churches same thing...music is huge money maker

and yes I have experienced the above...teaching cancelled...just a big sway concert in church on a Sunday morning

no wonder so many do not actually have a foundation in scripture. it's all about the feelings

I'll add that I love music but like anything else, it should not supercede the 'object' of it's so called worship

S

Sherril

In the last days many will be deceived giving heed to seducing spirits..doctrines of demons..satan comes in the back door like a trogan horse..to destroy the Truth of God..This world is not our home Lord help us to know you through your word through your Spirit in these days..Spirit and Truth..love in Christ Sherril... 42090698_1842158889244141_1956235591897055232_n.jpg

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
I don't know how many people listen to them, niether do I care.
What I mean by the exact opposite of, is that I don't listen to huge production pop style, commecial music. I listen to usually acoustic no production required singer song writter Americana style music, akin to country, bluegrass, folk.
ok, thanks-- i like that kind of music too. and you are right. The popularity of music or song does not necessarily mean it is on the Christian track, on time, and on target-- for Heaven.
But, I know for sure that Brooke Fraser Ligertwood aka "Brooke Fraser" --her music is anointed by God, the songs I am familiar with that have inspired me:
"Lead Me To The Cross"
"Hosanna"
and I'm going to assume she had a large part in writing "Who You Say I AM".

Her middle name, "Gabrielle," as well as her Messianic song, "Hosanna," leads me to believe the Ligertwood's and New Zealand represent one of the witnesses of Revelation, at least in the general Christian sense--all Christians are witnesses of the Word of God. Whoever wrote "Who You Say I Am," understands spiritual warfare, and the importance of knowing and believing in who we are as sons and daughters of God with Christ-- or our "true identity" as followers of Jesus in the family of faith, and like many Christians these days, who understand the anguish of inner weakness, that Jesus said, "magnifies His divine power." The weaker we may feel, can represent the more powerful Christ is present.

Another musician who I believe understands this inner battle is Mark Hall of the anointed band, "Casting Crowns," in his song, "Praise you in the storm," where he sings, "my strength was almost gone...how can I carry on..." and so many others--

That's the first thing that the enemies of God, the powers of evil attack-- our Christian identity.
I'm sorry that I don't have a copy with me to quote, but, in the book, "The Bondage Breaker," (Dr. Neil Anderson), he explains that was the first thing the devil tempted Jesus with: challenging Him to doubt who He is--
"IF YOU ARE THE SON OF GOD, TURN THESE STONES INTO BREAD." (Luke 4:3)

Jesus refused of course, for good reasons:
1) He knew who He was/is, the SON OF GOD, even in His weakened condition in the desert, and would not be tempted to question divine revelation and reality, especially as the Son of God, the full presence of that divine reality--God present as a human being, who had "all power and authority in Heaven and earth," over the cowardly, creeping, fallen serpent before Him, He was about to overcome for humanity, and pass on stewardship of that power to those who follow Him worthily.
2) We are to never obey, or submit to obvious powers of evil, in what we say or do, even faced with life or death.
3) We are never to act independently of God's authorized stewardship of power, i.e., shamanism/paganism, New Age spiritism, paranormal, etc... or independent of legitimate Christian authority, or glorify ourselves or elevate anything (or anyone) else in the world as idols--(putting something higher than God).

Jesus used words (often scriptures) and actions, as weapons for spiritual warfare, although also honoring a few military commanders and soldiers/officers respected by the Jews. One of the reasons this is so powerful, is that just by being born into this physical world, we are born into time and space. Being born-again through the New Covenant into eternity, brings into the present, all power and authority of Heaven and earth. AS Christians we have the authority to speak life, or death; mercy or judgment, directly with our words and actions, especially through proper channels of authority, including including church and legal state authority in some cases.
God gave us the TEN COMMANDMENTS for a reason.
Peter said to obey it, if it is legitimate, and biblical.

But, i believe the Lord inspired me this morning to also emphasize that half of the Bible is also about repentance--turning from our sins, and judgment, or loss of rewards in Heaven, for those who do not.
I perceived, "where does the soul go when it dies?" I was confused by this at first. If this is a valid question, one of the answers is, a soul does not die--forever. It can not evolve. Neither can God's truth evolve.
The Lord is "TOP GUN." Without question. Jesus has earned that position, and our reverence, honor and respect.
If I were to speak on His behalf, in the spirit of very serious authority--that can command life or destruction.
And we do have that authority as Christians.
Paraphrasing that deadly serious moment in that movie:
"I'm not here to [shine] sunshine," on your guitars, or my own, or anyone's computer or media devices, or lives.
"The rules of [combat] engagement are not flexible..."
"Obey them, or you are history." (all Christians of "team Jesus" of Heaven's armies).

Sodom and Gomorrah was mainly about sexuality, and were not ended because they were obeying the rules, but because they were making up their own, both heterosexual and rogue sexuality; And my own heterosexuality may have found me there as well.
I believe this is what the LORD is saying here:
“As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Whoever has ears, let them hear." (Matthew 13:40-43; biblegateway.com; NIV).

True children of God will seek the will of God as the Lord Jesus Christ in all things, as it is revealed to them, no matter what it may be.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Hillsong Church founder under police investigation

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/aust...lice-investigation/ar-BBPPrz0?ocid=spartandhp

Brian Houston, the founder of the Hillsong Church, is under investigation by New South Wales police over his handling of the sex crimes committed by his father Frank Houston.
Frank Houston was a Pentecostal pioneer, a leading Assemblies of God pastor who preyed on young boys in Australia and New Zealand in the 1960s and 1970s.
The first allegations of Frank Houston’s pedophilia emerged in the late 1990s, when Brian Houston was the Australian National President of the Assemblies of God, part of the largest Pentecostal denomination in the world.
In 2014, Brian Houston gave evidence before the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sex Abuse, which later found he had failed to take the matter to the police and had a conflict of interest in dealing with the complaints against his father.
It has emerged that in the wake of the Royal Commission’s findings, NSW Police began looking into his handling of his father’s crimes, an investigation that was suspended because of lack of evidence.
A NSW police spokesman said the investigation has been reopened and is now “current and active”.

Last night on 60 Minutes, one of Frank Houston’s victims, Brett Sengstock, spoke for the first time of his abuse by Frank Houston as a seven-year-old boy and his ongoing quest for justice.
A key witness at the Royal Commission, where he was known only as ‘AHA’, Brett Sengstock gave up his anonymity to tell his story.

Churinga

Nov 12, 2018

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/aust...lice-investigation/ar-BBPPrz0?ocid=spartandhp

Brian Houston, the founder of the Hillsong Church, is under investigation by New South Wales police over his handling of the sex crimes committed by his father Frank Houston.
Frank Houston was a Pentecostal pioneer, a leading Assemblies of God pastor who preyed on young boys in Australia and New Zealand in the 1960s and 1970s.
The first allegations of Frank Houston’s pedophilia emerged in the late 1990s, when Brian Houston was the Australian National President of the Assemblies of God, part of the largest Pentecostal denomination in the world.
In 2014, Brian Houston gave evidence before the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sex Abuse, which later found he had failed to take the matter to the police and had a conflict of interest in dealing with the complaints against his father.
It has emerged that in the wake of the Royal Commission’s findings, NSW Police began looking into his handling of his father’s crimes, an investigation that was suspended because of lack of evidence.
A NSW police spokesman said the investigation has been reopened and is now “current and active”.

Last night on 60 Minutes, one of Frank Houston’s victims, Brett Sengstock, spoke for the first time of his abuse by Frank Houston as a seven-year-old boy and his ongoing quest for justice.
A key witness at the Royal Commission, where he was known only as ‘AHA’, Brett Sengstock gave up his anonymity to tell his story.
It will be interesting to see what damage it does to Houston and Hillsong and the final outcome will be interesting if any charges are found guilty.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
It will be interesting to see what damage it does to Houston and Hillsong and the final outcome will be interesting if any charges are found guilty.
You said, "It will be interesting to see what damage it does to Houston and Hillsong and the final outcome will be interesting..." To be honest, that seems a bit of a disturbing statement as if you find it "interesting" for a group of people trying to serve the Lord through music to be "damaged" by a leaders parent's actions some 50 years ago. Who's side are you on? You sound like an enemy of Christians, and like all the rest of those just trying to pick a fight, sadly like I used to be. We have to stick together as Christians, especially these days, since we have a common enemy--the devil and those who seek to tear down, rather than build up Christian communities.

Mr. Houston appears at times to be a bit spiritually oppressed, but seemed better this year. Young people these days don't seem very naive. One of my Neice's walked out of a "religious" church and never went back because a church leader thought petty rules were more important than her salvation. They have to hear the message before they can sort it out. But, what does Frank Houston's church (60's-70's) and sins, have to do with a new church in 2018, that clearly God is using to lead people to the LOrd? Would you all prefer that they were at a death metal or grunge-rock concert? I understand the feedback about also teaching people that the Bible also teaches repentance and judgment. But, I grew up in a religion that was the opposite extreme-- similar to Catholic, which can be too much repentance and not enough Grace (being saved as a free-gift). I still honor traditional Christianity and those who, like in the military, understand the value of discipline. But that can lead to people trying to earn their way into Heaven. Being too lax, can give people the wrong idea that you don't have to change your life. Both ways can become idols where people obsessed with religion try to assimilate people to control them and try to take away their freedom that Jesus gives. The Bible says, "For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. " (2 Cor. 3:17; NLT).
But, Paul also says, "For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don't use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love."
Sinful nature here doesn't mean "nature" as in the outdoors, or bad stuff out there, like snakes or poisonous, or dangerous things in swamps, such as crocodiles, although most people would consider crocodiles or snakes to be "sinful."
Sinful nature means things like using "religion" as an excuse to hurt or control others, or self-centered ambitions like destroying the earth for a dollar, or personal issues that "glorify" one person, over another, including sexuality that might feel unhealthy, or creates unhappy feelings. This can help, as well as seeking out different opinions, to understand what we need to do, or not to do to obey Christ the LOrd when he says,
"GO AND SIN NO MORE."

One helpful Catholic nun-counselor told me once in my stressed and depressed life--
"FOLLOW THE PATH OF PEACE."
It can be an expression of God's love to help other Christians sort out the past and present church teaching issues, as long as it's constructive and not just "negative waves." Come on-- Who can calm the waves? Once people encounter the power of God, The Holy Spirit--the Presence of Christ within us--leads people to the Cross.
The Living God--or the ocean--or the one Who walked upon it, is more powerful than waves in the storm.

Churinga

Nov 12, 2018
You said, "It will be interesting to see what damage it does to Houston and Hillsong and the final outcome will be interesting..." To be honest, that seems a bit of a disturbing statement as if you find it "interesting" for a group of people trying to serve the Lord through music to be "damaged" by a leaders parent's actions some 50 years ago. Who's side are you on? You sound like an enemy of Christians, and like all the rest of those just trying to pick a fight, sadly like I used to be. We have to stick together as Christians, especially these days, since we have a common enemy--the devil and those who seek to tear down, rather than build up Christian communities.

Mr. Houston appears at times to be a bit spiritually oppressed, but seemed better this year. Young people these days don't seem very naive. One of my Neice's walked out of a "religious" church and never went back because a church leader thought petty rules were more important than her salvation. They have to hear the message before they can sort it out. But, what does Frank Houston's church (60's-70's) and sins, have to do with a new church in 2018, that clearly God is using to lead people to the LOrd? Would you all prefer that they were at a death metal or grunge-rock concert? I understand the feedback about also teaching people that the Bible also teaches repentance and judgment. But, I grew up in a religion that was the opposite extreme-- similar to Catholic, which can be too much repentance and not enough Grace (being saved as a free-gift). I still honor traditional Christianity and those who, like in the military, understand the value of discipline. But that can lead to people trying to earn their way into Heaven. Being too lax, can give people the wrong idea that you don't have to change your life. Both ways can become idols where people obsessed with religion try to assimilate people to control them and try to take away their freedom that Jesus gives. The Bible says, "For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. " (2 Cor. 3:17; NLT).
But, Paul also says, "For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don't use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love."
Sinful nature here doesn't mean "nature" as in the outdoors, or bad stuff out there, like snakes or poisonous, or dangerous things in swamps, such as crocodiles, although most people would consider crocodiles or snakes to be "sinful."
Sinful nature means things like using "religion" as an excuse to hurt or control others, or self-centered ambitions like destroying the earth for a dollar, or personal issues that "glorify" one person, over another, including sexuality that might feel unhealthy, or creates unhappy feelings. This can help, as well as seeking out different opinions, to understand what we need to do, or not to do to obey Christ the LOrd when he says,
"GO AND SIN NO MORE."

One helpful Catholic nun-counselor told me once in my stressed and depressed life--
"FOLLOW THE PATH OF PEACE."
It can be an expression of God's love to help other Christians sort out the past and present church teaching issues, as long as it's constructive and not just "negative waves." Come on-- Who can calm the waves? Once people encounter the power of God, The Holy Spirit--the Presence of Christ within us--leads people to the Cross.
The Living God--or the ocean--or the one Who walked upon it, is more powerful than waves in the storm.
Did you read the media release posted Waggles?

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012

Can't argue with this, Waggles, and I understand you are more familiar with it being there in the same Country. It is important to weed out wolves from the church. But-- the dude is dead. It is also equally important to honor the concept that people are innocent until proven guilty, as was the case with the recent justice Kavanaugh here in America. Those who pursue misguided justice can also be like ravenous, amoral wolves, destroying peoples lives deliberately, based on deception, revenge, or false witnesses, regardless of guilt or innocence. Those who crucified Jesus, deserved, and some will receive, the "death-penalty."

It is unnerving though, that someone would try to cover-up a church leaders alleged anti-Christ behavior. Hopefully, Mr. Houston the younger, will resolve past and present controversies according to the will and Power of God, and seek peace, healing, and closure--according to the perfect eternal justice of the two-edged sword of Christ of "Justice and Mercy," and not the world's sometimes ravenous, confused justice that denies the Cross, and in such a way that will help Hillsong Church resolve any current issues as well, such as theology, so that "Hillsong United," will be "united" in Christian fundamentals of truth, so as not to mislead anyone, or let down their dedicated musician team.

I was wounded in many ways as a child. But, the Lord has compensated my losses in life in amazing ways.
His concept of justice and ours, are truly different.
We are commanded by the Lord to at least begin with a choice to forgive all our enemies, turning them over to God's justice, freeing ourselves from them.
The book, "The Bondage Breaker," (Dr. Neil T. Anderson) gives a good understanding of what forgiveness is, and what it is not, and what is required of us as Christians.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
I'll read it in the next hour or so-- thanks...
there doesn't appear to be any interviews? I haven't read any facts or statements-- to be honest, I don't know much about their church, only that, as a musician, I admire their lead singer/song-writer, Brooke Ligertwood, and her amazing, powerful, inspired music, as the heart of Hillsong, and the whole music team. To me, she's like the Mozart of Christian music, except they are Christians.
I trust the Lord to keep them all on track, and help them resolve any issues that need to be resolved.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
there doesn't appear to be any interviews? I haven't read any facts or statements-- to be honest, I don't know much about their church, only that, as a musician, I admire their lead singer/song-writer, Brooke Ligertwood, and her amazing, powerful, inspired music, as the heart of Hillsong, and the whole music team. To me, she's like the Mozart of Christian music, except they are Christians.
I trust the Lord to keep them all on track, and help them resolve any issues that need to be resolved.

Actually... Mozart WAS a Christian.

So Mozart was actually the Mozart of Christian music.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012

ok-- I'm glad to hear. I guess it is important to verify stuff in movies--
Since you brought it up--
here is his final work:

“Music is my life and my life is music. Anyone who does not understand this is not worthy of God.”
“I pay no attention whatever to anybody’s praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings.”
– Mozart (www.biographyonline.net)

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012

Well, this isn't Mozart, but I thought I would throw this in--
It's an original piano concerto I wrote as a student many years ago, (about 1979) and recorded on a cassette player,
which I re-recorded in 2018 to herald the return of Christ because of it's thundering style.
"Sing a new song unto the LOrd!" (Psalm 96:1)
I may be a messed up messenger at times, but the message is still powerful--

Feb 28, 2016
Well, this isn't Mozart, but I thought I would throw this in--
It's an original piano concerto I wrote as a student many years ago, (about 1979) and recorded on a cassette player,
which I re-recorded in 2018 to herald the return of Christ because of it's thundering style.
"Sing a new song unto the LOrd!" (Psalm 96:1)
I may be a messed up messenger at times, but the message is still powerful--

=====================================================

this is quite lovely - it's been awhile since I've listened to
such as artist as yourself...
Thank You...

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
I have only one opinion of Hillsong; I don't like their music. Simple enough. I don't know what they teach, or the words to their songs because I don't bother listening to them. They are exactly the opposite of what I listen too. I suggest that if you want to listen to them or anyone else for that matter, listen with your ear open and hear what message they are sending and measure it against your personal convictions and the Bible.
If I were on a position that I was going to speak to them in person I would listen to them so that I would know what to say to them, but being it ain't never gonna happen, I have no words for or about them.
You don't like the popular song 'What a beautiful it is, the name of Jesus Christ our King'??? Many churches love this song, like Harvest Christian--Greg Laurie heads, for one.