This I agree with.Jesus came to confirm the abrahamic covenant
Gal 3:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
Gal 3:18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
Gal 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
Galatians 3 is one of my favorite passages. As it is Paul putting an end to the argument of whether or not the works of the Law bring salvation. Which is not at all what I have stated in fact I've previously stated in agreement with Galatians 3 in conjunction with the words of Paul, The Law cannot bring salvation.
The law was added later.
You're not wrong. But the Law existed before the Covenant given to Abraham. Abraham's seed didn't physically receive the law until Mt. Sinai
According to the Apostles we are to keep the Royal Law in this day and age.
The Royal Law? Like the one mentioned in James 2?
"If, however, you fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself,' you do well."
You must realize that James isn't speaking of a new law. James writes the "royal law ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURE". The only writings that would be called Scripture to James is the Torah. So James is saying, "the Royal Law according to the "Torah".
The Torah is the Royal Law. Paul even quotes directly from the Torah in the verse 8, He's directly quoting Deuteronomy 6:8 and Leviticus 19:18
He's not saying anything new. He's literally defending the Torah in this chapter.
Had sabbath and other things been required, I am sure Paul and others would have notified the Gentile churches. Yet in the New Testament no such commandments exist, although many commandments are to be found in the New Testament.
I don't know what you mean by "required". Required for what? Salvation? May it never be! The Law cannot bring Salvation
You are telling me Paul didn't teach or believe in obeying the Law? Paul was a Benjamite of course he kept the law. And being faithful to Torah he would have known verses like:
"You are to have one law for the outsider as well as the native-born, for I am The LORD your God.” -Leviticus 24:22
"One law shall be for the native-born and for the stranger who dwells among you.” -Exodus 12:49
"The same Torah and the same regulations will apply to both you and the outsider residing among you." -Numbers 15:16
Not only would Paul have known and taught these verses but He lived out the Torah as well.
You must not read Paul often there are a multitude of verses where Paul teaches obedience to the Law and leads by example.
"But this I confess to you, that according to the Way which they call a sect, so I worship the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the Law and in the Prophets. " -Acts 24:14
"while he answered for himself, "Neither against the Law, nor against the temple, nor against Caesar have I offended in anything at all." - Acts 25:8
"..but took leave of them, saying, "I must by all means keep this coming feast in Jerusalem; but I will return again to you, Yahweh willing." And he sailed from Ephesus. -Acts 18:21
"I thank Yahweh--through Yeshua The Messiah our Master! So then, with the mind I myself serve the Law of God, but with the flesh the Law of sin." -Romans 7:25
"So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or Sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the body of the Messiah" -Colossians 2:16-17
"For as many as have sinned without Law will also perish without Law, and as many as have sinned in the Law will be judged by the Law. For not the hearers of the Law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the Law will be justified" -Romans 2:12
"You, therefore, who teach another, do you not teach yourself? You who preach that a man should not steal, do you steal? You who say, "Do not commit adultery," do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples? You who make your boast in the Law, do you dishonor Yahweh through breaking the Law? For "the name of Yahweh is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you," as it is written. - Romans 2:21-24[FONT="]
[/FONT][FONT="]
[/FONT]