hmmm.... interesting

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

NoNameMcgee

i dont often post sermons
or really take when men say to heart

but i would like to know your opinions on this

https://youtu.be/djzZmR3kz50

when ever you have the time

T

Tinuviel

Who is it preached by?

N

NoNameMcgee

Who is it preached by?
didnt even look at his name lol

first time ive heard the man speak

like i said
i typically cant listen to a sermon all the way through

i prefer just reading scripture...

Feb 7, 2015
Who is it preached by?
Michael Chriswell. He was a heavy-duty motivational speaker (back in the late 80's, as I recall.) He was knocking down at least a million a year. You can find a lot of his stuff on RELENTLESS HEART.com.

N

NoNameMcgee

Michael Chriswell. He was a heavy-duty motivational speaker (back in the late 80's, as I recall.) He was knocking down at least a million a year. You can find a lot of his stuff on RELENTLESS HEART.com.
thank you lol

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
didnt even look at his name lol

first time ive heard the man speak

like i said
i typically cant listen to a sermon all the way through

i prefer just reading scripture...
You really need a change in your perspective about men of God who preach the Word. What does Scripture say specifically about these men whom God has placed in the NT church?

N

NoNameMcgee

You really need a change in your perspective about men of God who preach the Word. What does Scripture say specifically about these men whom God has placed in the NT church?
Matthew 23:8

“But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.”

is how i look at it

i try often to listen to my brothers

i know we are all shown different things

but ive came across more false teachers then brothers

have any suggestions?

ill check out someone if you have someone in mind

N

NoNameMcgee

kerrigan skelly
paul washer
kent hovind
chuck missler
david wilkerson
doug hamp
rob skiba
tim conway
josh coen

ive heard hours and hours of these men and many more

and tried to eat the meat and spit out the bones

i think you misunderstand my point preacher4

but maybe you dont

lol

anyways

always open to suggestions

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
Matthew 23:8

“But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.”

is how i look at it
Then you're looking at it wrongly because that passage has nothing to do with God's appointed men in the NT church. No one here is suggesting you call any of them "Rabbi" and frankly it is being used by you to mitigate men of God who preach the Word. It's a shameful misusage of the Word of God.

i try often to listen to my brothers

i know we are all shown different things

but ive came across more false teachers then brothers
Now you seem to be changing your tune a bit.

Are you in a church?

Attend regularly, or are you a lone ranger type, on your own "get all your teaching directly from God and the Bible?"

have any suggestions?

ill check out someone if you have someone in mind
No suggestions other than what I've been asserting throughout.

You should address my question more honestly.

What do the Scriptures say about the men of God He has appointed to the NT church?

Not some verse yanked out of context that you want to use to mitigate other men of God (yes, this is what you've done and I'd like to see a change in that attitude). Provide what the Scriptures say as per my question -- I already get your disdain for them, but I want you to provide what NT says about these appointed men of God. I think it will do you some good and garner some biblical humility in you. You say you already read Scripture, so what does Scripture say here?

N

NoNameMcgee

Then you're looking at it wrongly because that passage has nothing to do with God's appointed men in the NT church. No one here is suggesting you call any of them "Rabbi" and frankly it is being used by you to mitigate men of God who preach the Word. It's a shameful misusage of the Word of God.

Now you seem to be changing your tune a bit.

Are you in a church?

Attend regularly, or are you a lone ranger type, on your own "get all your teaching directly from God and the Bible?"

No suggestions other than what I've been asserting throughout.

You should address my question more honestly.

What do the Scriptures say about the men of God He has appointed to the NT church?

Not some verse yanked out of context that you want to use to mitigate other men of God (yes, this is what you've done and I'd like to see a change in that attitude). Provide what the Scriptures say as per my question -- I already get your disdain for them, but I want you to provide what NT says about these appointed men of God. I think it will do you some good and garner some biblical humility in you. You say you already read Scripture, so what does Scripture say here?

well youre wrong
i havent changed anything

i further explained my stance

i also dont see how i misused scripture

maybe thats from a lack of understanding?

which i suppose is shameful if i spoke out of line about something i dont know

but i was being honest with why i feel how i feel

that verse and the many others about false teachers...

i have no desire to "yank" anything out of context

and to me you sound like youre just upset i didnt answer your question the way you had liked...

N

NoNameMcgee

2 Timothy 4:3-4 - For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears

1 John 4:1 - Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Peter 2:1 - But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

please tell me where im wrong for preferring Gods word to men speaking on it?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
well youre wrong

maybe thats from a lack of understanding?

which i suppose is shameful if i spoke out of line about something i dont know

but i was being honest with why i feel how i feel

that verse and the many others about false teachers...

i have no desire to "yank" anything out of context

and to me you sound like youre just upset i didnt answer your question the way you had liked...
This member seems to take pleasure causing strife, trying to yank peoples chains and boasting of his scriptural superiority. It's best to simply ignore him. Perhaps pray for him too if you're so inclined.

Corbinscam

Jul 17, 2016
How do you feel about him? I've never listened to him. If he sounds like a motivational speaker I likely won't make it. haha.

But....in my limited experience the silence we feel is really God teaching us how to be still. And listen. And learn. And grow.
In the stillness is where I've grown and learned the best but most difficult lessons.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
kerrigan skelly
paul washer
kent hovind
chuck missler
david wilkerson
doug hamp
rob skiba
tim conway
josh coen

ive heard hours and hours of these men and many more

and tried to eat the meat and spit out the bones

i think you misunderstand my point preacher4

but maybe you dont

lol

anyways

always open to suggestions
Hi NNM...Alistair Begg is a man of God, has a great balance of humor as well, he is Scottish, but easy to understand...xox...

Feb 7, 2015
How do you feel about him? I've never listened to him. If he sounds like a motivational speaker I likely won't make it. haha.

But....in my limited experience the silence we feel is really God teaching us how to be still. And listen. And learn. And grow.
In the stillness is where I've grown and learned the best but most difficult lessons.
I kind of like the guy. But, then, I don't really have too many preconceived notions of what a person has to be, do, and say in order to qualify to be a "preacher."

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Hi NNM...Alistair Begg is a man of God, has a great balance of humor as well, he is Scottish, but easy to understand...xox...
Just want to say also that i sent my son Christopher who is doing life in prison the book written by the late David Wilkerson, The Sword and the switch blade, and the follow up book by Nicky Cruiz called Run baby run, i like listening to David Wilkerson, Charles Spurgeon is another great old timer, sorry for waffling lol...Bless you my brother in Christ...xox...

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
well youre wrong
I believe you have:

You used it to support your implied disdain for preachers. That's misusing Scripture.

...and to me you sound like youre just upset i didnt answer your question the way you had liked...
Not upset at all, I asked a simple question -- tell us what Scripture says about these men of God. So far it has been like pulling teeth to get you to do that, and you go on and try to put the focus on me on some perceived "being upset" ad hominem. It's easy, go read Scripture about God's appointed men of whom you've slammed and mitigated with a verse misused.

Again, are you in church? (Yes, I know, there are many of you here not in church, you "love" Christ, but hate His wife -- spare me your baloney defense). :)

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017

He done a video of his testimony when he went through a terrible court case with his ex wife, it was very interesting, very emotional, he gave his whole life to God through the whole process, it was wonderful to see in real time if you like step by step how he trusted God and to see God come through was lovely, watching his testimony unfold was moving as he let go and let God, very encouraging...xox...

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
2 Timothy 4:3-4 - For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears
Well, don't just stop there, look at the context -- this preacher (Timothy) is being exhorted to preach to his church to lead them away from these falsities. Yes, an appointed pastor doing his job.

It's in the context -- biblical support for pastoral preaching, something you've shown some disdain for. Maybe the passage is speaking of you, it says something about them "not enduring sound doctrine" which comes from this preaching via being in attendance?

This is why many leave church and preaching, they don't endure it.

Are you in church?

1 John 4:1 - Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
Of course. This is why preaching and teaching is necessary. It is God's appointed means to equip the saints, something you're not into, which is in rebellion and disobedience to God.

2 Peter 2:1 - But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
Yep. And Peter is directing this to those in churches, it is a letter written to the churches, IOW one would have to be in church to have heard this directive. Funny how that works, right? ;)

please tell me where im wrong for preferring Gods word to men speaking on it?
Where are you wrong? You couldn't possibly be wrong, could you? :eek:

You're throwing out God's mandate for your preference (I prefer reading the word, therefore I am justified in rejecting preachers).

Again, what does God say about His appointed men given to the NT church? If you were really in the Word you'd want to hear it preached as well as to feed you, which is why God has appointed pastors. They feed the sheep.

Are you in church? We all get the false teacher warnings.

What do the Scriptures say about the men God has appointed to the church? That's what I'm looking for, not verses you use as an excuse for your attitude about preachers. That being said it would be fair to say your teachings are probably riddled with error. Or no? Do the verses you use above apply to you in that case?

What I am seeing is more than likely a young hoodwinked man who thinks he has the answers, rejects God's appointed men as a convenient excuse, wants to appear spiritually above them, and probably isn't even in church.

I'm not saying this out of a demeaning spirit, but of concern because those who hold this position are on deceptive ground and rarely escape.

If I were in such a case I'd be more concerned with myself than putting God's appointed and decreed means and men down.