Holding His Love makes it possible...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Love, we know we should do it...

Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.
1 John 4:11‭-‬12 ESV

We know what it looks like…

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
1 Corinthians 13:4‭-‬7 ESV

We know we are to be courteous with all, speaking with grace and kindness, tender and meek, seeing others as more important than ourselves. We know we are to love them enough to admonish or correct, but do so in an edifying way, not causing them to stumble more. We know we are to love mercy and do justice. Also, we have been told we should be so concerned with our neighbors, that we are to do for them that which we are called.

Now there is only so much time and resources in a day. There is much need in this world, and only so much we ourselves can do. However, if we love, and I mean enough love to have a heart for even our enemies, caring and praying for them, God, can work miracles for us all.

He is sufficient…

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.
2 Corinthians 9:8 ESV

Now don't get me wrong...I am convinced that their are jerks within us all... selfish petty brats, thinking of only ourselves, suspicious, intolerant people, thinking the worst of one another. I am as guilty as everyone else. I don't pretend to be holier than thou, not by a long shot. I need His love and mercy because on my own, I have little if any. I just believe we need to hold on tighter to Him, loving Him and His ways, so that we can find the resources and the desires to care properly for one another, loving and forgiving, sincerely to action. Screenshot_20190418-092018_Photos.jpg

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Boy you sure got me pegged in that last paragraph!!! He is yet working on me and within. Wait until His day and I will seem ok. God bless you always………....j

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Boy you sure got me pegged in that last paragraph!!! He is yet working on me and within. Wait until His day and I will seem ok. God bless you always………....j
Brother, we all need Him desperately. I am so grateful for His Love and mercy, especially since I know that I do not deserve it. And yet, He loves us enough to call us His. WOW...WOW!!! You shine His love in your kindness and humility, and in how you give Him all the glory. God Bless you, Brother.

I love Jude 1:24-25 sooooo sooooo MUCH!!!

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I do realize that He does the holding but it His love and mercy we are to pay forward!!!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Brother, we all need Him desperately. I am so grateful for His Love and mercy, especially since I know that I do not deserve it. And yet, He loves us enough to call us His. WOW...WOW!!! You shine His love in your kindness and humility, and in how you give Him all the glory. God Bless you, Brother.

I love Jude 1:24-25 sooooo sooooo MUCH!!!
Jud 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
Jud 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.