M
Mitspa
Guest
LOl Kenneth you just post scripture that have no relation to the discussion hoping to confuse the truth....show me a scripture where the Holy Spirit convicts a "believer" of sin?
LOl Kenneth you just post scripture that have no relation to the discussion hoping to confuse the truth....show me a scripture where the Holy Spirit convicts a "believer" of sin?
Correction as righteous children of God...that we might believe who we are and walk as children of God. Never as sinners!They do have to do with the topic, and it does not confuse the truth for all biblical scriptures are truth...........
And what I posted has to do with the righteousness of God, that if they are not walking those ways then the Holy Spirit will correct them to bring them back on that proper path............
John 14:26 But the Comforter which is the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in My name He shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance whatsoever I have said unto you.
For the cause of Christ
Roger
Its really sad the Holy Spirit has been turned into the accuser which is what (satan) means...No where in the bible does it teach that the Holy Spirit convicts a BELIEVER of sin...but the world of sin, because they do not believe and the believer of righteousness.
This doctrine has tuned the comforter into the accuser .. it is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.
Heb 10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
have to agree with you on this one....
Again?
Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
Joh 16:8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Yes exactly, from the words of the Lord Himself, saying that the Holy Spirit will guide you to walk in everything that He has said. So being that said, if you are not being directed to walk in every way and thing the Lord said then it can not be the Holy Spirit guiding you.
You would be then walking in your own righteousness, instead of His righteousness, which the Holy Spirit will convict you of doing to bring you back to walking properly in His righteousness.
Yes if a person's doctrine turns the Holy Spirit into an accuser then it is definitely false, but the other way to go about this though is that one must first know that there is a big difference between convicting and accusing....
Think about this was the Holy Spirit telling you that you was a sinner or a righteous child of God...and you can say it a thousand times that the holy Spirit convicts a believer of sin....but its not true and its not biblical!
I posted this as I was reading through before I got to the last comment and would like to kind of change my position a little bit. These kind of conversations are why I don't comment too much anymore. It just seems like everyone (including me) is talking past each other and arguing over a difference of perspective. Mitspa I really, overall, agree with what you're saying but it was just the way it was worded and the way I thought about it made it seem wrong. I don't think what I am calling the conviction of the Holy Spirit is the same thing you do. I'm sure we could go back and forth all day arguing about it but it looks like you have plenty of that to keep you busy. I apologize for the pointless second post I made and good luck the rest of this online fight.What makes you the final authority? This seems like an "everyone's wrong but me" argument. I am a "righteous child of God", and made the wrong decision and the Holy Spirit DID let me know I did. You sling you opinions and view around like you're the all-knowing guru whose understanding is beyond reproach, I guess the Spirit isn't convicting you of the sin of pride because this is your attitude in every post I've read of yours is like this. In my opinion you need to humble yourself because you aren’t being a good representative of Christ either with that “I’m right and don’t care about what anyone else says” attitude. I actually agree with you pretty often, but not at all on this (like you care). I hope you have a good rest of the day brother.
I have no issue and agree the Holy Spirit comforts us and strengthens as righteous children of God....a believer who knows Gods grace and power is always for him will overcome...a guilt ridden unsure half-saved believer will always act like a half-saved sinner.
I have no issue and agree the Holy Spirit comforts us and strengthens as righteous children of God....a believer who knows Gods grace and power is always for him will overcome...a guilt ridden unsure half-saved believer will always act like a half-saved sinner.
So who convicts a believer of SIN?
The Holy Spirit bringing to remembrance the law.So who convicts a believer of SIN?
I posted this as I was reading through before I got to the last comment and would like to kind of change my position a little bit. These kind of conversations are why I don't comment too much anymore. It just seems like everyone (including me) is talking past each other and arguing over a difference of perspective. Mitspa I really, overall, agree with what you're saying but it was just the way it was worded and the way I thought about it made it seem wrong. I don't think what I am calling the conviction of the Holy Spirit is the same thing you do. I'm sure we could go back and forth all day arguing about it but it looks like you have plenty of that to keep you busy. I apologize for the pointless second post I made and good luck the rest of this online fight.