Holy Water?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jruiz

Senior Member
Dec 13, 2013
565
5
18
At church yesterday the Priest was sprinkling holy water on the people...No I'm not Catholic,however my husband's family is and I went along with them to church fir Easter. Anyway, is this biblical at all? I know there's announcing oil.
 
Works on vampires in the movies

images


images


I dont see anything in the scriptures concerning the way its used in the catholic church.

I dont think it hurts anything, you might just get wet.

I could be wrong, maybe someone else can fill me in too
 
Works on vampires in the movies

images


images


I dont see anything in the scriptures concerning the way its used in the catholic church.

I dont think it hurts anything, you might just get wet.

I could be wrong, maybe someone else can fill me in too

It seems, at best, holy water sprinkling would be futile. If there was some mojo to the substance of the water, just getting a few spots of it on people, even most of it hitting their clothes or misfired, wouldn't go a long way. Wouldn't that just make you a sort of spotted unholy? I know I'd pretty much want to be dunked in it, only coming up for air, at least to expect getting an effective dosage. Then, if there's not really any mojo in the water, it's a sham, a sort of prop, see what I mean? Though don't get me wrong. I'm sure I'd feel quite differently, being a vampire in a movie. It does seem to cause them some real severe dermatitis.
 
At church yesterday the Priest was sprinkling holy water on the people...No I'm not Catholic,however my husband's family is and I went along with them to church fir Easter. Anyway, is this biblical at all? I know there's announcing oil.

no. nothing in the rcc is biblically correct.
 
At church yesterday the Priest was sprinkling holy water on the people...No I'm not Catholic,however my husband's family is and I went along with them to church fir Easter. Anyway, is this biblical at all? I know there's announcing oil.
In the OT blood was the sprinkling agent. In truth, Jesus is our holy blood. He s that sacrifice without blemish. It seems to me the Catholics are busy trying to deserve him still. I figured it's better they do that with water than blood though. Blood gets gross.

Then again -- baptism. Do we fully immerse or sprinkle? It seems like the same kind of thing -- easily can get into arguments forever forgetting Jesus is our righteousness, not what we do and how we do it. Still, it does show some vague point where blood became water.
 
It seems, at best, holy water sprinkling would be futile. If there was some mojo to the substance of the water, just getting a few spots of it on people, even most of it hitting their clothes or misfired, wouldn't go a long way. Wouldn't that just make you a sort of spotted unholy? I know I'd pretty much want to be dunked in it, only coming up for air, at least to expect getting an effective dosage. Then, if there's not really any mojo in the water, it's a sham, a sort of prop, see what I mean? Though don't get me wrong. I'm sure I'd feel quite differently, being a vampire in a movie. It does seem to cause them some real severe dermatitis.

Yeah, I just never got it, coming from a catholic family myself.

But when looking now I dont see anything in scripture of the practice either.

Hollywood will take something like H20 at the front door of a church (or the same being tossed about by a priest) and pretty much run with it. Which seems to bring it to the stature of magic or something.

I'm guessing thats where we can get all the crazy ideas of (great power) in the hollywood effects of the stuff, especially on these fictitous creatures.

Couldnt tell you for sure.

Dermatitis...? (lol)
 
The only holy water ever found on the planet was the water Jesus walked on ;) yeah I know.........
 
In the OT blood was the sprinkling agent. In truth, Jesus is our holy blood. He s that sacrifice without blemish. It seems to me the Catholics are busy trying to deserve him still. I figured it's better they do that with water than blood though. Blood gets gross.

Then again -- baptism. Do we fully immerse or sprinkle? It seems like the same kind of thing -- easily can get into arguments forever forgetting Jesus is our righteousness, not what we do and how we do it. Still, it does show some vague point where blood became water.

Here maybe...

Numbers 8:7 And thus shalt thou do unto them, to cleanse them: Sprinkle water of purifying upon them, and let them shave all their flesh, and let them wash their clothes, and so make themselves clean.

I see this as the conscience as they were conscience of idols up to a certain hour

Ezek 36:25
Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.


Which in the NT spoke more to consciences in these things. I can see certain connections there, but the Catholic church (i its way) seems to obscure everything into nonsense with a little of truth and myth or something.


 
Then again -- baptism. Do we fully immerse or sprinkle? It seems like the same kind of thing -- easily can get into arguments forever forgetting Jesus is our righteousness, not what we do and how we do it. Still, it does show some vague point where blood became water.

Think about it.

What if someone was where there wasn't any water, say trapped high on a mountain and you know the group with you is gonna die or possibly die. So you share Christ with said them and they want to accept Him. So they do. And it's evident that God visited them. Now...do they need to be baptized in order to continue to go to heaven?

Is it necessary say if those persons now saved are rescued off the mountain? Should they do it as following in the commandment of Christ in His example? Is it absolutely necessary? What if a beleiver is never baptized...are they still a believer washed in the blood?
 
Yeah, I just never got it, coming from a catholic family myself.

But when looking now I dont see anything in scripture of the practice either.

Hollywood will take something like H20 at the front door of a church (or the same being tossed about by a priest) and pretty much run with it. Which seems to bring it to the stature of magic or something.

I'm guessing thats where we can get all the crazy ideas of (great power) in the hollywood effects of the stuff, especially on these fictitous creatures.

Couldnt tell you for sure.

Dermatitis...? (lol)

I don't really know what the Vatican has to say about liquid mojo, or even whether it can be fluoridated and the like (holy reverse osmosis?), used to have a paperback Catechism that's buried in a box somewhere, it, and the box for that matter, not seen for years. That's just the way it is, being a Bible believing, heretic child of hell, or is that purgatory? Now, I said real severe dermatitis, but, okay, it's more like leprosy meets flesh eating bacteria, if you're going to get picky. It must be tragic for the vampire, when the director orders another take.
 
Think about it.

What if someone was where there wasn't any water, say trapped high on a mountain and you know the group with you is gonna die or possibly die. So you share Christ with said them and they want to accept Him. So they do. And it's evident that God visited them. Now...do they need to be baptized in order to continue to go to heaven?

Is it necessary say if those persons now saved are rescued off the mountain? Should they do it as following in the commandment of Christ in His example? Is it absolutely necessary? What if a beleiver is never baptized...are they still a believer washed in the blood?

If the mountain is high enough maybe you could rub some snow on someone to baptized them.
 
YHWH PROVIDES. HE provided a ram for a sacrifice in place of ISAAC. He provided the PERFECT LAMB as a sacrifice for our sins. HE can provide water to immerse in the way they all did in HIS WORD.

YHWH PROVIDED MANNA. to feed quite a few people. and meat. and water in the desert. remember. YHWH ALWAYS PROVIDES.



Numbers 5:17 NIV - Then he shall take some holy water in a - Bible ...

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Numbers...NIV‎

Then he shall take some holy water in a clay jar and put some dust from the
tabernacle floor into the water.

what YHWH says is holy is holy. what YHWH says is heresy is heresy.
 
Last edited:
LOL!!! Heat it over a fire and then wait for it to cool long enough to bathe in.

read on. read a lot if you can find it. the believers in other countries, and sometimes even in the usa,
when they get saved hearing the true gospel of jesus,

they go out in freezing weather, in freezing (living) water, when it is within 50 miles, and get immersed in it in his NAME to be one with him and to be saved as he says to be.

to find out the difference between living water and not living water, you'll have to find out from Hebrew/Jewish believers.
 
At church yesterday the Priest was sprinkling holy water on the people...No I'm not Catholic,however my husband's family is and I went along with them to church fir Easter. Anyway, is this biblical at all? I know there's announcing oil.

Jruiz, did you ask your husband's family? Oh, no. Don't. A holiday with family...that's explosive. Dynamite! Even after being sprinkled with holy water. Waterproof wicks.
 
YHWH PROVIDES. HE provided a ram for a sacrifice in place of ISAAC. He provided the PERFECT LAMB as a sacrifice for our sins. HE can provide water to immerse in the way they all did in HIS WORD.

YHWH PROVIDED MANNA. to feed quite a few people. and meat. and water in the desert. remember. YHWH ALWAYS PROVIDES.



Numbers 5:17 NIV - Then he shall take some holy water in a - Bible ...

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Numbers...NIV‎




Then he shall take some holy water in a clay jar and put some dust from the
tabernacle floor into the water.

what YHWH says is holy is holy. what YHWH says is heresy is heresy.

Thats true, I missed that water verse.

There is one, you are right. How did I miss that?

How did they get the water holy though? Just bless it?

Is the practice of splashing people in the pulpit a real practice?

I see dust had to go into the holy water though right?

And the priest shall take holy water in an earthen vessel; and of the dust that is in the floor of the tabernacle the priest shall take, and put it into the water

They dont put dust of the floor into the holy water do they?

Doesnt a woman drink it though?

Like its not splashed all over them but that holy water (with dust in it) is made to drink for some bad side effects if the person screwed up though right?
 
If the mountain is high enough maybe you could rub some snow on someone to baptized them.

But what if the only able bodied were atheists or Satanists, or, of course, vampires? Even if you could talk them into getting you some snow, would it be holy enough snow, after transit? And just think. California as it is these days, there's no guarantee of snow up there. What if they're stuck on a California mountain?
 
Think about it.

What if someone was where there wasn't any water, say trapped high on a mountain and you know the group with you is gonna die or possibly die. So you share Christ with said them and they want to accept Him. So they do. And it's evident that God visited them. Now...do they need to be baptized in order to continue to go to heaven?

Is it necessary say if those persons now saved are rescued off the mountain? Should they do it as following in the commandment of Christ in His example? Is it absolutely necessary? What if a believer is never baptized...are they still a believer washed in the blood?
:D

I did think about it enough to write, "It seems like the same kind of thing -- easily can get into arguments forever forgetting Jesus is our righteousness, not what we do and how we do it."
I was saved 16 year after being water baptized, and despite not speaking in tongues to prove I was spirit baptized. Technically, I was saved while watching Jesus Christ Superstar, but needed more information to find out what changed that night. I knew something changed. I just didn't know it was an answer to that prayer -- "God, I'd like to know you well enough to feel like I feel seeing that actor play you on stage." Little did I know that was God working in me. He gave me this need to learn more, and so I did. That's when most folks would think I was saved, but I remember the time something changed, but I didn't know what. lol

Water didn't do that for me. Water was a result of that...

Oh, and this isn't the question asked. ;)
 
I've been told that you make holy water by boiling the heck out of it. The oil used in anointing is sold in the hardware store it's called 3 in 1 oil. Works good on door hinges as well.

No holy water is just an old tradition that lack a biblical basis. Perhaps one could find it's origins in some old pagan rites somewhere.

For the cause of Christ
Roger