T
toinena
Guest
I love my home. I am blessed to have a house I can call my own. It is fully accessible and I manage very well on my own thanks to lifts on chair, toilet and bed and my own elevator. To be disabled in Norway is really easy compared to most countries. It has a fenced garden where the dog can do his things and I can grow berries, potatoes, lettuce, rhubarb and herbs. And the view from my front porch is stunning.
I am now on my first vaccation in years. And I went across the ocean to meet a man I imagined would some day be my husband. Long story short. We landed in New York. The hotel shuttle wasn't wheelchair accessible, so we had to find our way in the middle of the night through Queens. Yes. I forgot. The plane was delayed a couple of hours. The assistance in Reykjavik didn't turn up and I was separated from my travelling companion. Total chaos and we were exhausted. The wheelchair was also disconnected, and we had to rewire it at the airport. At the hotel they didn't find the wheelchair's charger that was delivered there. And the next morning we went West towards the most romantic date you could imagine. Well. No.
Driving through Pennsylvania and half of Ohio in one day was not the smartest thing to do with a strange car and strange traffic pattern. We came to the motel close to midnight. And the room was not accessible at all! I had to go out to use the restroom in the pool area. And the date? He promised to do what he could to come.
We changed hotel and went to Cleveland. Still waiting for the man of my dreams to show up. His car was broken. And he couldn't make it. Ok. We can enjoy Cleveland. It has it's positives, and the people here are friendly. Everything was fine. Today we went to pick up some stuff from the car, and it was gone!!!!!! We called the parking violations bureau. We called the pounding place. We called the insurance. We called the police. We called the car rental. We got the front desk to help us after half an hour of calling, crying and praying. No car. The rental company checked the GPS. We had got the address wrong. It was still parked where we left it. (Not where we THOUGHT we left it) Luckily we found out before the police officer came.
So. I want to go home. I want to feel safe. I want my space. I want my shower, my tap water, my dog, my bed, my car, my easy living. I want to leave this continent and never return.
Sometimes I long for Heaven like that. To come home. To get rest and peace. And the best thing. I don't think Heaven is wheelchair accessible. Because it doesn't have to! No more disability and no more sorrows. Just the joy of being at home. And that joy I will get a glimps of on Saturday when I return to my house. Home, sweet home.
I am now on my first vaccation in years. And I went across the ocean to meet a man I imagined would some day be my husband. Long story short. We landed in New York. The hotel shuttle wasn't wheelchair accessible, so we had to find our way in the middle of the night through Queens. Yes. I forgot. The plane was delayed a couple of hours. The assistance in Reykjavik didn't turn up and I was separated from my travelling companion. Total chaos and we were exhausted. The wheelchair was also disconnected, and we had to rewire it at the airport. At the hotel they didn't find the wheelchair's charger that was delivered there. And the next morning we went West towards the most romantic date you could imagine. Well. No.
Driving through Pennsylvania and half of Ohio in one day was not the smartest thing to do with a strange car and strange traffic pattern. We came to the motel close to midnight. And the room was not accessible at all! I had to go out to use the restroom in the pool area. And the date? He promised to do what he could to come.
We changed hotel and went to Cleveland. Still waiting for the man of my dreams to show up. His car was broken. And he couldn't make it. Ok. We can enjoy Cleveland. It has it's positives, and the people here are friendly. Everything was fine. Today we went to pick up some stuff from the car, and it was gone!!!!!! We called the parking violations bureau. We called the pounding place. We called the insurance. We called the police. We called the car rental. We got the front desk to help us after half an hour of calling, crying and praying. No car. The rental company checked the GPS. We had got the address wrong. It was still parked where we left it. (Not where we THOUGHT we left it) Luckily we found out before the police officer came.
So. I want to go home. I want to feel safe. I want my space. I want my shower, my tap water, my dog, my bed, my car, my easy living. I want to leave this continent and never return.
Sometimes I long for Heaven like that. To come home. To get rest and peace. And the best thing. I don't think Heaven is wheelchair accessible. Because it doesn't have to! No more disability and no more sorrows. Just the joy of being at home. And that joy I will get a glimps of on Saturday when I return to my house. Home, sweet home.