HOME Thread for Christian Singles and Friends

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Buenos Dias comrades y compadadres. Como esta usted? Via condios!
Good morning god sisters parent and brothers. How are you today? Go with god! :love:

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
I just had an eye exam yesterday. I knew I needed cataract surgery, but found I also have advanced macular degeneration and something wrong behind my eye sockets. Not good news. Even with the cataracts gone it might not help that much. I drive myself and am very independent. I don't want to lose that. I am just 72, please pray for me. :(

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I just had an eye exam yesterday. I knew I needed cataract surgery, but found I also have advanced macular degeneration and something wrong behind my eye sockets. Not good news. Even with the cataracts gone it might not help that much. I drive myself and am very independent. I don't want to lose that. I am just 72, please pray for me. :(
"Dear Heavenly Father,

Help! Thank You so much for hearing our prayers and we believe You are our loving Father, help Deade. He writes wonderful books that help others. He needs his eyes, he needs YOU.

May Deade keep his joy throughout this crisis and abide in Your Peace. Father, only because of Your Son, Jesus and what He did, we ask You to heal Deade's eyes. Flow Your healing ointment in his eyes. Bless Deade, Father.

Forgive any and all sins, and bless Deade. We love him Father, he is our brother. We lift him up to You like the paralyzed man with 4 friends, please touch and heal.

We thank You, Father for Your love for us and hearing our prayer, in the Name of Jesus, amen."

Deade, you are a blessing and we will continue to pray for you. Please keep us posted on how you're doing!:love:

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
"Dear Heavenly Father,

Help! Thank You so much for hearing our prayers and we believe You are our loving Father, help Deade. He writes wonderful books that help others. He needs his eyes, he needs YOU.

May Deade keep his joy throughout this crisis and abide in Your Peace. Father, only because of Your Son, Jesus and what He did, we ask You to heal Deade's eyes. Flow Your healing ointment in his eyes. Bless Deade, Father.

Forgive any and all sins, and bless Deade. We love him Father, he is our brother. We lift him up to You like the paralyzed man with 4 friends, please touch and heal.

We thank You, Father for Your love for us and hearing our prayer, in the Name of Jesus, amen."

Deade, you are a blessing and we will continue to pray for you. Please keep us posted on how you're doing!:love:

A profound thank you sis, I will. :love:

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
A profound thank you sis, I will. :love:
I prayed for you last night and this morning that you may be healed in Jesus name.
Now, before go treat myself. I thought I'd share something that even makes ME cry with joy. It was written from Peters point of view on Easter Sunday.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
I prayed for you last night and this morning that you may be healed in Jesus name.
Now, before go treat myself. I thought I'd share something that even makes ME cry with joy. It was written from Peters point of view on Easter Sunday.
Thank you calibob. :cool:

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
I was just over on the Reformed Protestant Forum and the subject of Elvis came up. They were sharing who had and had not ever seen him live. My story behind that goes like this:

I have an interesting story about this. It was 1969, and we were coming home to California from vacation that included stops in Texas, Nashville (Opryland) and Oklahoma. My first wife's folks lived at the last stop. We planned to come by Vegas and catch an Elvis show there because my wife was really a fan. By the time we got there I was sick and running a high fever, so I stayed in the Motel room. I insisted my wife and two of her cousins and her grandma, that were with us, go ahead and take in the show. I missed my chance. She said it was a dinner show and was really nice.

double-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I could have told you that without looking at the web page you linked.

12 step groups are great at the support needed for addiction recovery but horrible at helping people find the underlying emotional issues that facilitated their becoming addicts. Without resolving those issues persons are considerably more likely to either relapse or shift to more socially acceptable addictions which may not be as physically destructive but can be just as damaging relationally.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I could have told you that without looking at the web page you linked.

12 step groups are great at the support needed for addiction recovery but horrible at helping people find the underlying emotional issues that facilitated their becoming addicts. Without resolving those issues persons are considerably more likely to either relapse or shift to more socially acceptable addictions which may not be as physically destructive but can be just as damaging relationally.
AMEN. That's why it's my new mission to get a christian dual recovery group started. This goes along with the previously much overlooked subject. Any members interested or just want throw there 2c. worth in may send me a PM.

Anonymity and confidentially is a cardinal rule. Please help. The fatality rate has risen 400% in some cities. Christians are dying too. This is a man made demon of our lifetime, we can help In the name of Jesus. My name is Bob and I've been in dual recovery 11 3/4 years.

PS. Thank you for your support!