Its not. People are born a sexuality. No one can choose to just be attracted to a certain gender.
Its not. People are born a sexuality. No one can choose to just be attracted to a certain gender.
I mean if you want to get technical then you should know that women are lower class then men and that a rapist can pay the raped girls father to keep her...
Rose do you have proof of that?
Because you want to say that people should base their life and disregard their true feelings just to make this imaginary person happy.
If this god wanted all species to obey then why tell one species and not tell the others. Homosexuality is in plenty of species, you don't see these species making churches. You see where your god logic is flawed
Part: A
From personal experience, here at the things I have learned about my walk with Christ.
1) I do not believe all people are born with a natural inclination to struggle with homosexuality. However, I do feel there are some people who have a biological predisposition to it.
2) Whether or not someone is "born that way" does not matter. The behavior is a choice,lust is a choice. The same way that heterosexuals can choose to not lust or act out sexually---people with SSA (same sex attraction) can choose to not act. So while they could argue that the attraction is not a choice, acting on that attraction still is a choice
3) You will likely receive the argument: Why would God "make me this way" if it was wrong?
Answer: We live in a fallen world. That said, God has not given us any struggle that we cannot overcome. In fact, our struggles can bring us closer to God. (Personally, I find that this struggle forces me to rely on God more and acknowledge my need for him.)
4) You may receive the argument: Well why would God not want me to be happy? This makes me happy.
Answer: God's ways are not our ways, nor are His thoughts our thoughts. I can't think of a verse that promises this life will be without struggles. We don't struggle against the powers of this world, but of the spiritual nature.
Part B:
Well, given your background, I can understand how you could/would form a convincing argument that it isn't biological at all.However, there are people who will fiercely argue that it is. (As you know).
It kind of becomes this battle of strictly If/then logic:
A) If homosexuality is inborn, it means it is God given and right.
vs
B) If homosexuality is not in our biology, it means it is not of God and not right.
I've opted for the "hidden" answer, C) Whether or not it is or not, it doesn't matter, because acting on itis a sin.
A lot of people will be ready to come to you armed to the teeth with reasons why it is biological. I'd try to divert from that entirely and say that it doesn't matter whether you're born that way or not, we're all sinners and we still all need Christ.
o.k lets try it this way: I am a guy and I was born attracted to women. the Bible says sex outside of marriage is sin. so therefore I accept what the Word of God says over my feelings and desires. a Christian is expected to rule over these, not let them rule. so apply that to your gay argument, same result. your feelings and opinions are not supposed to rule over you. sorry you have been taught that by the world system.
If this god wanted all species to obey then why tell one species and not tell the others. Homosexuality is in plenty of species, you don't see these species making churches. You see where your god logic is flawed
If this god wanted all species to obey then why tell one species and not tell the others. Homosexuality is in plenty of species, you don't see these species making churches. You see where your god logic is flawed