Honoring the Sabbath

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 22, 2019
Sabbath, which is Friday at sunset to Saturday at sunset, is the 4th commandment. Do you honor the Sabbath? What happens if you break it? How do you recover if you sin by doing some work on the Sabbath?

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Sabbath, which is Friday at sunset to Saturday at sunset, is the 4th commandment. Do you honor the Sabbath? What happens if you break it? How do you recover if you sin by doing some work on the Sabbath?
Simple! Believers are not saved by keeping the works of the law, by abstaining from certain foods, keeping the Sabbath (any Sabbath), observing the ten commandments, etc. We are saved by trusting in Christ as the One who provided salvation for us, satisfying the payment for sin by the shedding of righteous blood, completely and fully and not by our own efforts.

When a person brings in another requirement for salvation along side of Jesus' sacrifice, it is the same as saying that Christ's sacrifice was insufficient.

"So Christ has truly set us free (from the law). Now make sure that you stay free, and don’t get tied up again in slavery to the law. - Gal.5:1

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
Jesus is our Sabbath rest. No one has to regard one day more special than any other day anymore.
All those special days the Jews had to observe---the special days were about Jesus.
Observing Jesus is everything. Observing special days is now worthless.
The old law said to observe special days. All those special days are about Jesus. Jesus came and we worship and observe him, not days.
Observing special days were a shadow of what was coming, Jesus Christ.
Jesus is the light, and there are no shadows in light.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Jesus is our Sabbath rest. No one has to regard one day more special than any other day anymore.
All those special days the Jews had to observe---the special days were about Jesus.
Observing Jesus is everything. Observing special days is now worthless.
The old law said to observe special days. All those special days are about Jesus. Jesus came and we worship and observe him, not days.
Observing special days were a shadow of what was coming, Jesus Christ.
Jesus is the light, and there are no shadows in light.
You have taken up an argument here that is not taught by Jesus. If one honestly reads in Matthew where Jesus invites us to come unto Him and He will give us rest yu will find the antecedant, that is the reference , is to learning from Him directly for His yoke is easy His burden is light.

This is grammatically the correct understanding for we fulfill the prophesy of being taught by God. If people who claim to believe Him in this age do not realize that as long as our Father is working, we must also work, just as did our Savior, they do nt understand much, but they are making excuses for their omitting the commandment and truth from God.

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
You have taken up an argument here that is not taught by Jesus. If one honestly reads in Matthew where Jesus invites us to come unto Him and He will give us rest yu will find the antecedant, that is the reference , is to learning from Him directly for His yoke is easy His burden is light.

This is grammatically the correct understanding for we fulfill the prophesy of being taught by God. If people who claim to believe Him in this age do not realize that as long as our Father is working, we must also work, just as did our Savior, they do nt understand much, but they are making excuses for their omitting the commandment and truth from God.
As I said before, from the Bible, all special days were a shadow of Jesus. Jesus has come and is light; there are no shadows in light.

Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Matthew 5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Galatians 4:9 But now that you know God--or rather are known by God--how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable forces? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again?
10 You are observing special days and months and seasons and years!

Colossians 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Isaiah 30:15 This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it.

Isaiah 28:12 to whom he said, "This is the resting place, let the weary rest"; and, "This is the place of repose"-- but they would not listen.

1 Corinthians 14:21 In the Law it is written:
"Through men of strange tongues
and through the lips of foreigners
I will speak to this people,
but even then they will not listen to me," says the Lord.
22Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy, however, is for believers, not for unbelievers.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Would you call the commandments darkness? I certainly consider them as light from our Father, Jesus, Yeshua.

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
Would you call the commandments darkness? I certainly consider them as light from our Father, Jesus, Yeshua.
God calls the purification works of the law ' shadows'.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
NO, you and many others call whatever seems convenient shadows, but His commandments are forever . At least while what is called time exists..

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
NO, you and many others call whatever seems convenient shadows, but His commandments are forever . At least while what is called time exists..
You are blotting out God's written Word that says they are shadows?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Demonstrate where the ten commandments are shadows. Also, show the same about the lae. Then explain why Jwsus says the law is still valid according tyo how He teaches it. You will not because you know not.

Now slow down the loightning round here, I am occupied in other endeavor for the moment..... I am not that important but yo should be for your true learning from Jesus, Yeshua.

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
Demonstrate where the ten commandments are shadows. Also, show the same about the lae. Then explain why Jwsus says the law is still valid according tyo how He teaches it. You will not because you know not.

Now slow down the loightning round here, I am occupied in other endeavor for the moment..... I am not that important but yo should be for your true learning from Jesus, Yeshua.
When you can, reply then to the scriptures I gave.
It is for the importance of you that you believe and obey the scriptures.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Put the scriptures you believe pertain to your stance below......if it is important to you. As far as I have lerned by the Holy Spirit, I cannot do away wi5th the rotely cut and pasted textx fromt he Word. It is the Holy Spirit Who gives understanding and life not dead text.

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Matthew 5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Galatians 4:9 But now that you know God--or rather are known by God--how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable forces? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again?

Colossians 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Isaiah 30:15 This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it.

Isaiah 28:12 to whom he said, "This is the resting place, let the weary rest"; and, "This is the place of repose"-- but they would not listen.

22Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy, however, is for believers, not for unbelievers.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Everything you have cut and pasted here supports what I have already posted wot which you claim to be responding, but apparently without reading it and understanding…...A shadow it seems one of yours but it cannot blot out the great Light of the Word.

I have post relating to these cuts and pastes with understanding and ndot with colddead words without the Holy Spirit......reread.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

Reread

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Everything you have cut and pasted here supports what I have already posted wot which you claim to be responding, but apparently without reading it and understanding…...A shadow it seems one of yours but it cannot blot out the great Light of the Word.

I have post relating to these cuts and pastes with understanding and ndot with colddead words without the Holy Spirit......reread.
Jaumel,
I have read many of your posts. Although, I often disagree with many of your perspectives. I believe you know & love the Lord. Having said that, here, the poster places 100% God Breathed Scripture & you call them COLDDEAD words???????

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Jaumel,
I have read many of your posts. Although, I often disagree with many of your perspectives. I believe you know & love the Lord. Having said that, here, the poster places 100% God Breathed Scripture & you call them COLDDEAD words???????

The written code is dead without the Holy Spirit.

People seem to INTERPRET when Jesus says the law is not abolished but fulfilled as sthought the law is destroyed. He teaches it is not.

The law fulfilled is all the laws that deal with the temple the sgtate of Isrel originally, priesltyi laws, laws of sacrifice, laws of clean and unclean foods and more, yet there are may laws not yet fulfilled and will not bu until the end of what is called time.

Can you say honestly, that is fro your heart and oul, all the ten commandments are void now? We are fnot freed ofobeying th morality taught b y God, never. We are feed of the curse of th elaw, dawth. We belie Jesus, Yeshua, died on th ecross for each of us. We obey as best we are given to be able, but we are never perfect.

That perfection is a work of God, HImself, in each of us to be completed on hIS GOOD AND GREAT DAY.

Do not dimply agree with the majority opinions without understanding yourself by the hoLY sPRITI FOR TH EMAJORITY WILL ALWAYS be in error. There are few of understnding in this world today, scattered yet redy to help as many as given them come the tribuplations to dome.

I understand what little I understand, by the HOly Spriit. Yes, little, yet more than mathe majority its eems.

All blessings in Jesus Christ, Yeshua, may He return soon, amen. All glory to God, amen.

Mar 28, 2016

Yes many confuse the cerinimoinal law a shadow with the daily, hourly rest . Both coming from the rest we have in Christ. One once a week the other every day or hour we do mix faith in what we do hear (believe God not seen) .We have then entered his rest and did not harden our hearts as those who know not Christ.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
The written code is dead without the Holy Spirit.
2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is "God-breathed" and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,”

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is "living and active", "sharper than any two-edged sword", "piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow", and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Isaiah 55:11 So shall "my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth": "it shall not return unto me void", "but it shall accomplish that which I please", "and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it".

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is "God-breathed" and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,”

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is "living and active", "sharper than any two-edged sword", "piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow", and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Isaiah 55:11 So shall "my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth": "it shall not return unto me void", "but it shall accomplish that which I please", "and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it".
Everything here is understood and true...………….I have never opposed any of these teachings in my posting, so why the reminder?