House Prayer (again)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MegMarch

I asked for prayer about the sell of my home a few months ago, and I'm happy to report that God did not fail in blessing the sale.

Now, I am asking for prayer over the purchase of a new house. I am so excited for what the Lord is going to provide, and while I find the house shopping process rewarding, it is also stressful at times. Would you please pray that I would be patient in waiting on God to provide this for my son and I, and that God would lead me to the perfect house in my price range. Thank you so much!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I asked for prayer about the sell of my home a few months ago, and I'm happy to report that God did not fail in blessing the sale.

Now, I am asking for prayer over the purchase of a new house. I am so excited for what the Lord is going to provide, and while I find the house shopping process rewarding, it is also stressful at times. Would you please pray that I would be patient in waiting on God to provide this for my son and I, and that God would lead me to the perfect house in my price range. Thank you so much!
I am in agreement in prayer with you in this.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless MegMarch, and this prayer request. Lord as you helped in selling the house, please help to buy a new house. Lord make everything easy and bless MegMarch, with a new house. Let your peace, joy patience, guidance be upon MegMarch, and help to have a new house soon. Lord please bless, in Jesus gracious name, Amen!

M

MegMarch

Lord bless MegMarch, and this prayer request. Lord as you helped in selling the house, please help to buy a new house. Lord make everything easy and bless MegMarch, with a new house. Let your peace, joy patience, guidance be upon MegMarch, and help to have a new house soon. Lord please bless, in Jesus gracious name, Amen!
Thank you so much, Levi!

Oct 19, 2016
Thanks for sharing, friend. I join with you in praising God for His faithfulness in your life. Be assured that I’m standing with you in prayer for the purchase of a new house. As you know, prayer brings a real response from God: “The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective” (James 5:16). May your confidence and trust rest in God as you look to Him in faith. Blessings!

M

MegMarch

Thanks for sharing, friend. I join with you in praising God for His faithfulness in your life. Be assured that I’m standing with you in prayer for the purchase of a new house. As you know, prayer brings a real response from God: “The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective” (James 5:16). May your confidence and trust rest in God as you look to Him in faith. Blessings!
I love this. I am so encouraged by it. Thank you!

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
How exciting!!! House hunting is fun. I pray for wonderful neighbors for you and your son and a very smooth move, in Jesus' Name, amen! :love:(y)

Nov 26, 2012
Just to give you a heads up, this happened to everybody I know. When I bought my house we told the agent how much we wanted to spend. Then she took us to three dumps in our price range. Then at the end, she says there is one house that’s particularly nice but it’s a bit more than we wanted to spend. We ended up buying it. After a suit salesman played the same trick on me I caught on. Seriously I don’t know if this is just sales 101 but it is very effective. When ever someone tells me they went looking for a house with an agent, this seems to be the formula. So, tell them to show you houses below your range so the one they show you that’s “a little more than you wanted to spend” is probably the nicest one in your actual price range.

M

MegMarch

Just to give you a heads up, this happened to everybody I know. When I bought my house we told the agent how much we wanted to spend. Then she took us to three dumps in our price range. Then at the end, she says there is one house that’s particularly nice but it’s a bit more than we wanted to spend. We ended up buying it. After a suit salesman played the same trick on me I caught on. Seriously I don’t know if this is just sales 101 but it is very effective. When ever someone tells me they went looking for a house with an agent, this seems to be the formula. So, tell them to show you houses below your range so the one they show you that’s “a little more than you wanted to spend” is probably the nicest one in your actual price range.
Thanks for the advice! My realtor is actually a very close friend. He is amazing, and I worked with him in the selling of my house. Great man of integrity. We have a collaborate space on the MLS, and I pick the houses I want to look at. He doesn't push any houses on me. For people who live in my area, I would say he is one of the top realtors around.

Nov 26, 2012
Thanks for the advice! My realtor is actually a very close friend. He is amazing, and I worked with him in the selling of my house. Great man of integrity. We have a collaborate space on the MLS, and I pick the houses I want to look at. He doesn't push any houses on me. For people who live in my area, I would say he is one of the top realtors around.
That’s good. Mine was my aunt. Unfortunately business is business with some people. My sister felt pressured into her purchase and she sold my mom a house that was overpriced across from a sleazy strip club. I think I did ok though. I’m still living here 22 years later.

M

MegMarch

I made an offer on a house today! Please pray that God would bless the transaction for his glory.

Jan 25, 2015
Over the years my wife and I had bought two houses and both times Abba Father revealed himself miraculously. He used people from the world to bless His children and that is my prayer for you today; I pray that Abba Father will bless you and open your eyes to his will. I pray that He will use people to bless you and that you will be amazed when you glorify him for being involved in your transaction. I pray for discernment, that you will know when you walk into the house if it is yours.

Abba Father, please bless this transaction and give discernment to our sister in Christ. Open her eyes to your glory and please guide her in understanding your will.

M

MegMarch

Over the years my wife and I had bought two houses and both times Abba Father revealed himself miraculously. He used people from the world to bless His children and that is my prayer for you today; I pray that Abba Father will bless you and open your eyes to his will. I pray that He will use people to bless you and that you will be amazed when you glorify him for being involved in your transaction. I pray for discernment, that you will know when you walk into the house if it is yours.

Abba Father, please bless this transaction and give discernment to our sister in Christ. Open her eyes to your glory and please guide her in understanding your will.
Thank you so much! The house has multiple offers on it, so if it works out, it would only be due to God's intervention and for his glory.

Jan 25, 2015
Thank you so much! The house has multiple offers on it, so if it works out, it would only be due to God's intervention and for his glory.
That is how we bought our first house. Our offer was the lowest but we couldn't afford to go higher. Abba Father had other plans and it worked out that we could move in immediately and that is what the seller wanted. Our King will support you when it is the right home :) .

Good luck, stay calm and God will take care of the rest!

M

MegMarch

Well, the seller took someone else’s offer. I was very disappointed, but I’m going to keep looking. Thank you for continued prayers!

Sep 29, 2018

I'm happy to pray for you and with you! Congratulations on selling your house too!
A few years after I was widowed, I sold my house too and bought another one, during the last economic depression.
It was tough, but we made it. It does take a while to get used to a new place.
I hope and will pray that it all goes really smoothly for you!!

M

MegMarch

I'm happy to pray for you and with you! Congratulations on selling your house too!
A few years after I was widowed, I sold my house too and bought another one, during the last economic depression.
It was tough, but we made it. It does take a while to get used to a new place.
I hope and will pray that it all goes really smoothly for you!!
Thank you so much. I am in contract on a house! God has been so generous in his provision, and I’m excited!