There are many reasons to pray, that's why God asks we pray continually, yet He also says He is faithful to us. Hmmm, so why is prayer such a big deal? Heres why: Prayer for food for me is remaining humble and thankful, reminding me that we are not in control, but God is, thus keeping us from pride.
"Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this little Child is greatest in the Kingdom of God." (Matthew 18:4).
It is a relationship builder. If your wife were to sit across the table and you said nothing to her for fixing the meal, or simply thanking her for being the wonderful woman she is at the table; but simply ate inattentive, how long before that relationship suffers? That's right - 1.7 minutes I've timed it.This is also true with God as well, God delights in our fellowship, is pleased with it, and loves us in a real-time relationship that needs watered just as a human relationship needs watered, by time spent together. Time spent together is the number one relationship connector as studies have shown. Not candy, not hugs, not even sex, but simply "Time Spent" together is the center of power as the catalyst to all other things. Again, This is also true with our Spiritual Father.
Now in the area of spiritual protection, on a practical note, I don't feel the need to ask spiritual protection from my Wheaties experience, yet I do ask God to protect me from harm, thus, if you look on page 1023 of the , "Faithfully offered protection of God subsection categories" included in the, "Spiritual protection over cereals clause" Page 1023 subsection 12 you will find out why I have subconsciously placed protection of spiritual harm inherently in the prayer already.. I mean not to mock your question, simply to enjoy the answer.
...Forgive me if it appears otherwise.
Basically prayer over food grants me the privilege of experiencing God. Thru prayer I obtain an experiential basis for my faith. I do not ignore the intellect or reasons for faith, but prayer makes my experience of God real on an emotional level. Blessing my food, gives Him what He already has - control, but me offering it gives Him pleasure in growing in our relationship..the wonderful underlying benefit to all prayers for all purposes is that my relationship with God tightens and grows stronger.
"God designed the human machine to run on Himself. Thus, God Himself is the fuel our spirits were designed to burn, or the food our spirits were designed to feed on. There is no other." ~C.S. Lewis~ As I thank God for my food now, I recognize I have fed on two fronts. My soulish feedings of sustenance, and my Spiritual feeding of supernormal relational interactions with God. I call it a balanced diet....smile.
"Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this little Child is greatest in the Kingdom of God." (Matthew 18:4).
It is a relationship builder. If your wife were to sit across the table and you said nothing to her for fixing the meal, or simply thanking her for being the wonderful woman she is at the table; but simply ate inattentive, how long before that relationship suffers? That's right - 1.7 minutes I've timed it.This is also true with God as well, God delights in our fellowship, is pleased with it, and loves us in a real-time relationship that needs watered just as a human relationship needs watered, by time spent together. Time spent together is the number one relationship connector as studies have shown. Not candy, not hugs, not even sex, but simply "Time Spent" together is the center of power as the catalyst to all other things. Again, This is also true with our Spiritual Father.
Now in the area of spiritual protection, on a practical note, I don't feel the need to ask spiritual protection from my Wheaties experience, yet I do ask God to protect me from harm, thus, if you look on page 1023 of the , "Faithfully offered protection of God subsection categories" included in the, "Spiritual protection over cereals clause" Page 1023 subsection 12 you will find out why I have subconsciously placed protection of spiritual harm inherently in the prayer already.. I mean not to mock your question, simply to enjoy the answer.
Basically prayer over food grants me the privilege of experiencing God. Thru prayer I obtain an experiential basis for my faith. I do not ignore the intellect or reasons for faith, but prayer makes my experience of God real on an emotional level. Blessing my food, gives Him what He already has - control, but me offering it gives Him pleasure in growing in our relationship..the wonderful underlying benefit to all prayers for all purposes is that my relationship with God tightens and grows stronger.
"God designed the human machine to run on Himself. Thus, God Himself is the fuel our spirits were designed to burn, or the food our spirits were designed to feed on. There is no other." ~C.S. Lewis~ As I thank God for my food now, I recognize I have fed on two fronts. My soulish feedings of sustenance, and my Spiritual feeding of supernormal relational interactions with God. I call it a balanced diet....smile.
Last edited: