How are you finding it being single!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

joefizz

Well my life is rather routine,I would like more in life but feel that will only happen from moving out from living with my relatives(been living with relatives for all my life and it bugs me),waiting for and working toward a future I believe in,gotta get through Christmas(buying gifts)then hopefully find a better paying job or switch to overtime to get better pay,and be able to work toward the future I believe in more efficiently.
Enduring many afflictions and hardships for this future,still pressing on no matter what comes next.

C

claysmithr

I've been married to and dated Mrs. Wrong.... turns out I'm happier single than that! :)

I can sleep in, save or spend $, and do what I want, when I want.

I have freedom, and I don't have to worry about losing half my stuff to Mrs. Wrong.

It's beautiful. :')

mngophers80

Jun 19, 2016
I am finding it hard to be single. I need to trusti n God's plan. If God wants me to be single for the rest of my life. Or if God has for me a special lady. I don't know. But it is hard for me to understand and wait for God's plan.

Z

Zi

It sucks!

Z

Zi

I appreciate what you may think you're doing but you've no idea why I say what I said.

Worse is relative. What's worse than something else and why? Who gets to say?

Try to see the positive sides to it. Could be worse.

Alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
It is not easy being single. Even though I made the decision to remain single, there are times I question if it was the right decision. Financially it was the right decision, but on a emotional level, I now and then question that decision, and whenever I do, I end up realizing, as painful as it is, I did do the right decision.

On the upside of being single and never married, I have been spared from a lot of heartache, and especially in these modern times we live in, being single and unattached has many advantages. And with the ever increasing divorce rates that are happening around the world (I think western countries are worse for this), being single ultimately is the best choice, at least in my opinion.

Saturn

Apr 30, 2014
I really enjoy being single. It's not for everyone, but i think it might be for me. I do a lot better when i don't have to ''check in'' with someone. I'm a very independent person, and relationships can make me feel like i'm suffocating. If i could be in a relationships where we take breaks like every few weeks that would be perfect.

jrccomputer

Sep 25, 2013
I have no time to feel lonely. Between spending time with God, and spending time with family. If I begin to feel lonely, it saddened I go to a beautiful place in nature and speak with God. Being single has really allowed me to work, one on one with God to build and strengthen our relationship. Sometimes in relationships we get distracted, we get focused so much on pleasing our partner that we forget about our relationship with God

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Sometimes in relationships we get distracted, we get focused so much on pleasing our partner that we forget about our relationship with God
A really smart guy said something very similar a long time ago.......

1 Cor 7 (ESV)

[SUP]32 [/SUP]I want you to be free from anxieties. The unmarried man is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to please the Lord. [SUP]33 [/SUP]But the married man is anxious about worldly things, how to please his wife, [SUP]34 [/SUP]and his interests are divided. And the unmarried or betrothed woman is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to be holy in body and spirit. But the married woman is anxious about worldly things, how to please her husband. [SUP]35 [/SUP]I say this for your own benefit, not to lay any restraint upon you, but to promote good order and to secure your undivided devotion to the Lord.

inlow

Jun 17, 2017
Extremely lonely- Life didn't turn out how I thought it would. I figured by my age now, 41, I would have a full family- with wife and a bunch of kids. Instead I have one beautiful son who is now 18 and i love him to death, but he was raised by a mother in one home and me in another and constant custody battles. Very sad. My parents were high school sweethearts married and in love their entire lives till my father passed away. I always thought my life would be like that.

So yeah, it gets very lonely and I have adapted to being 41 and single- and i replaced everything with work. At times it can become overwhelming, but who knows what will happen tomorrow. I hope for a better life for my son, that's for sure. May he not have to go through what i have been through and my his children not have to go through what he went through.

J

joefizz

Legal.

(Stupid ten character limit...)
Now that is funny,imagine if everyone just had to get married because being single was outlawed,it would be totally weird and probably more frustrating for people all around,I know I wouldn't be able to stand that sort of thing.

Alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Now that is funny,imagine if everyone just had to get married because being single was outlawed,it would be totally weird and probably more frustrating for people all around,I know I wouldn't be able to stand that sort of thing.
The irony is, depending on the angle you look at it, we are not far from that. I cannot say this is for everywhere, but I do know in some countries, for example USA, that it is not uncommon for a single man to get involved with a woman who already has children, and before you know it, this man will be paying for someone else's children.

Actually, to those in the USA, can you verify something for me. I have heard that if a man gets involved with a woman that already has children, if the man was to buy gifts for the children, could that set the wheels in motion that the man can be deemed financially responsible for the children (even though they are not his)?

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
The irony is, depending on the angle you look at it, we are not far from that. I cannot say this is for everywhere, but I do know in some countries, for example USA, that it is not uncommon for a single man to get involved with a woman who already has children, and before you know it, this man will be paying for someone else's children.

Actually, to those in the USA, can you verify something for me. I have heard that if a man gets involved with a woman that already has children, if the man was to buy gifts for the children, could that set the wheels in motion that the man can be deemed financially responsible for the children (even though they are not his)?
No. .

dailybread

Jan 7, 2018
I don't like it, I miss being married! That being said, I do get lonely when I come home from work with no one to talk to or go out with or wake up to the next morning :( The bright side of being single is there is no drama lol! You can just do you and spend with God! Study the Word deeply and work on yourself! You can buy anything you want ( as long as its within reason and you don't go broke). You can eat whenever and whatever you want ( and repent later for it as Joel Osteen says lol).

jrccomputer

Sep 25, 2013
Feels freeing, and I have a lot of time to focus on God and my church. Other times I get really lonely and depressed

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Each state has its pros and cons. Personality and paradigms definitely enter into it as far as if one likes being single or married. There are certainly factors that I would prefer to avoid that you can’t in marriage, but to me the benefits out number the liabilities.

A important benefit is that marriage can expose and make a person aware of their flaws. A mature Christian will use that revelation to grow in Christ and in his or hers marriage.