How are you voting midterms

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I'm voting for the side that favors citizens and responsible people, thinks life is precious and worthy of protection, and thinks that violent criminals should be kept away from the rest of society. Mostly because I think those things are critical to good governance and a just society.
 
I thought maybe this thread might get crazy I just don’t know how I should vote as a Christian
I'm voting for the side that favors citizens and responsible people, thinks life is precious and worthy of protection, and thinks that violent criminals should be kept away from the rest of society. Mostly because I think those things are critical to good governance and a just society.

Hi @Rainstorm!

It's definitely an important question, even though it's bound to attract some controversy.

To make this even more contentious, I'm someone who votes by mail. I understand all the fraud that can happen with mail-in voting, but it's what works for me.

I remember when I was first able to vote... Then I became so disillusioned with politics that I stopped voting.

I eventually had a boss who reminded me that people died to give us (in the USA) that privilege, and I believe God convicted me ever since.

I'm fortunate to live in an area that mails out a booklet of basic information and statements from the candidates. When I get my ballot, I spend a few days researching the people and various issues on it. I set the ballot out on my table and pray over it. Then all I can do is pray that God helps me make the best decision I can with the knowledge He is giving me.

I have no particular loyalties, I'm just looking for, as @cinder said, those whose values align with those of the God we serve.

I often find though that I'll agree with a candidate in one area but not another -- so I pray that God will lead me to do as He wills. Sometimes I don't like anything about any of the candidates or situation and can't peacefully vote in that area.

I also ask God for understanding. There was once a measure on a ballot asking for votes in favor of opening a new shopping center in town -- which on the surface, sounded great. Not only would it bring jobs to the area, but also boost the local economy, and who wouldn't want that?

But when I researched it further, this plan was going to take a massive amount of infrastructure (roads, street lights, plumbing, etc.) that hadn't even been addressed yet. To me, it sounded like they wanted money for a plan that just hadn't been thought out very well at all. It sounded like they were doing everything backwards, so I had to vote against it.

But that's just me.

I wrote a thread here on CC years ago asking if God would lead some Christians to vote one way and others to vote another. There was no definitive answer, except for some people saying things like, "No one who votes for X party can possibly call themselves a Christian."

I personally believe that God led me to understand that if I try my best to follow His lead, He's going to deal with whoever is in office, no matter who they are or what party they belong to, because of His people acting in obedience.

However, this is just the way I believe God leads me.

I could be wrong, or the way He's leading me might be different from the way He's leading someone else.

Thanks for the great thread, and trust that God will help you in deciding what to do. 🙏🏼
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rainstorm
I thought maybe this thread might get crazy I just don’t know how I should vote as a Christian
Are you registered with a certain party? If so, that might guide your choice. I'm a registered Independent and vote for a candidate, not a party. In the upcoming election I'm leaning toward voting for new blood. The gerontocracy has proven it lacks intelligence and integrity and can't govern, so it's time for them to move over and give someone else a shot. Ultimately, I believe voting is a personal matter between you and God, and maybe trusted family members. Ask Him for wisdom and guidance.
 
Elections coming up in NZ. The billboards are already up like those real estate signs with the agents dressed in suits. I don't know why they do this.

As for people dying to give the US the vote.

NZ had it first - women's suffrage in 1897

Kate Shepard led the people...500 sheets of papers signed over 31,000 signatures from the petition, from all corners of the country -- all posted on a reels as long as a ream of wall paper. (We had a smaller population back then)

It is interesting to read about men's attitude toward women having the vote back in the day.

The_1893_Women's_Suffrage_Petition_(16734429368)_(cropped).jpg
 
Some more..the usual suspects

images-78.jpgimages-80.jpgimages-79.jpg

Again,I don't know these people and am not trying to sell anything. But yea, people who are electioneering on CC trying to persuade people to vote one way or another another kind of suss 'influencer' shill. Talk to the person trying to repereent your region and ask them what their policies are. At least with real estate agents, they give you their phone numbers.
 
Some more...am surprised about the Surprise Party, never heard of them before. Also, what happened to McGillycuddy Serious Party?

Greens don't even have anyone on their billboard, but then, we do have party votes where people just get in on a list.

images-81.jpgimages-83.jpg
 
Its ironic that our orange election guy is ... a guy. Why not a gal?

images-84.jpg

He seems to have only one finger too and no clothes. Look at the biceps!

Oh but it seems he has a dog now.

images-86.jpg