How big is your family ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

How big is your family, how many children?

• One

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Two

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Three

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Four

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Five

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Six

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seven

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Eight or more

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Just wondering whos got the biggest family, is anyone breaking the record of 19 (last count, they might have had more) for the Duggars who are christians and all their children have names beginning with J.

H

Hamarr

No fractions? 😛

I was raised the middle of three boys. I also have a younger half sister that I haven’t had much to do with due to distance. I usually say I have two brothers and half a sister.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Sorry I didnt think of fractions.
What happens if a half sister marries a half brother is that allowed? Maybe family can mean all who were raised under one roof?

H

Hamarr

I wouldn’t think so. That’s a bit too much incest.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
What about Stepsiblings from Different parents? Eg both parents had children in their first marriages. Then they remarried again and the children from both marriages all lived together. I dont know if Brady Bunch scenarios are common.

Just curious.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I wonder how many a married couple can reasonably handle. Most starter family homes are standard 3 bedrooms so of you had 4 children you could fit 2 in each room with mum and dad having the master bedroom. If you had more you might have to wait till some grow up and move out, or build an extension.
Or fit them in the cupboard under the stairs?

For those who had eight or more how did you all fit in your house? Bunkbeds?

von1

Apr 22, 2010
I am a single person, don't really have a family. I was raised in a foster home with a good christian lady. At times it was just me, at other times she had as many as 6 foster kids besides me.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
My family is small. It's just myself, my parents, and my sister. Now of course we have my brother-in-law, and my daddy is with the Lord now.

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
There is just two of us, me and my sister, parents are both dead, so are all aunts & uncles, and many of the cousins are gone too, I now understand what my mother was feeling when she said almost everyone was already gone. Enjoy them while they are here, because they are a long time gone.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
complicated family tree...but I will say I have 4 sisters and 1 brother (with a step brother also) so maybe 8-9ish. It's not my "own" personal family, that's why I didn't vote :p

Did have a family that we were in contact with when I was younger that had a solid 9 with mother and father making 11. Age range 0-29. All from the same parents. Quite impressive thinking back on it.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I wonder what God family tree looks like if you acrually made it into a tree and how bushy the branches would be. Would it have a main stem and twelve main branches and tribes off each branch. JAcob aka Israel had twelve sons, but people always forget Dinah the daughter, making 13.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
I wonder how many a married couple can reasonably handle. Most starter family homes are standard 3 bedrooms so of you had 4 children you could fit 2 in each room with mum and dad having the master bedroom. If you had more you might have to wait till some grow up and move out, or build an extension.
Or fit them in the cupboard under the stairs?

For those who had eight or more how did you all fit in your house? Bunkbeds?
Yup. Bunk beds. My husband also made a triple bunk for the boys' room.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
We're expecting baby #8.

We have friends who have 13 biological kids.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
We're expecting baby #8.

We have friends who have 13 biological kids.
Did they start young...? Must be something in the water or...you have more space.
Or maybe all sleep together. Im just wondering how it works now cos people seem to have smaller families at most two children. In China they've restricted it to one child for many years.

I dont know if any other country does that.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
Did they start young...? Must be something in the water or...you have more space.
Or maybe all sleep together. Im just wondering how it works now cos people seem to have smaller families at most two children. In China they've restricted it to one child for many years.

I dont know if any other country does that.
Our friends are pretty well off, financially. They have a HUGE house and lots of bunk beds. I think they were in their 20's when they started having kids.

We had to build a triple bunk for our boys. We also have bunk beds for the girls. All our kids have their own beds.

I'm glad we have reproductive freedom here. One of my dreams was to have a large family, and God granted that desire. 😊

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Our friends are pretty well off, financially. They have a HUGE house and lots of bunk beds. I think they were in their 20's when they started having kids.

We had to build a triple bunk for our boys. We also have bunk beds for the girls. All our kids have their own beds.

I'm glad we have reproductive freedom here. One of my dreams was to have a large family, and God granted that desire. 😊
I think people make a big deal about abortion in the US still, but in China its govt sanctioned. And also female infanticide is pretty high too, not just abortion.

Im not sure what the average is in nz, but most family homes are 3 bedrooms and most people that I know have 1-4 children, 2 being average. If its five or more, that's considered a large family. The most I knew lived out inthe country where theres more space, and they had 11, 10 girls and 1 boy. The older ones had moved out by the time the yongest was born and they had a sleep out as well as bedrooms in the house. They had bunkbeds too.

JakeIA

Nov 24, 2019
I Grew up as a single child. My parents were not married, but my father was. I have 5 half siblings, and 6 nieces/nephews. actually that's 3/3 even. lol for both my siblings and my nieces and nephews. My mother had 4 sisters, but only one lived in the same town, so I'm or closer to her kids then the others. My mother passed in 2017, and I've been able to get to know my dad's family a bit mor as a result, so I also have a nephew that I am bonding with a bit more than the others.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I asked some children at school how big their family was, and one boy said he had about 20 brothers and sisters, and that I wouldnt believe how big his family was. But this boy was pretty much the only child at home, as I asked how many live in the same house. Some children are already uncles or aunties and they are only 10.

L

Locoponydirtman

Generally speaking between 6'-0" and 6'-6" tall and between 250lbs and 300 lbs. So kind of big. I have a fairly big family.