Hello everyone, I am trying to become more spiritually perfect, but the one area that I am greatly struggling with are controlling my thoughts. Scripture tells us that even thinking about lust, hatred, envying, anger, or complaining, is a sin. But I am especially struggling with complaining thoughts whenever I am given an order from my parents or at work. Whenever I have these thoughts, I try to get rid of them by saying/thinking, "in the name of the LORD, I cast out these thoughts". While saying that, I sometimes take a rubber band around my wrist and pull it back to sting my wrist. If that fails, If I don't have a rubber band, I resort to punching or slapping myself multiple times before the thoughts leave.
Scripture tells us that it is a sin to have bad thoughts and that there are many people in hell for bad thoughts. I read in some of these testimonies that people who have complaining thoughts get disemboweled by demons or have their heads attacked by serpents while their stomach is filled with serpents and their body is filled with maggots/bugs. In another testimony, people who have bad thoughts have their heads sawed off by demons.
Please, I don't want to end up in hell for bad thoughts. Thank you.
Scripture tells us that it is a sin to have bad thoughts and that there are many people in hell for bad thoughts. I read in some of these testimonies that people who have complaining thoughts get disemboweled by demons or have their heads attacked by serpents while their stomach is filled with serpents and their body is filled with maggots/bugs. In another testimony, people who have bad thoughts have their heads sawed off by demons.
Please, I don't want to end up in hell for bad thoughts. Thank you.