How did the giants survive a global flood?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
There were giants in the earth in those days;
Genesis 6:4

So if there were giants living amongst men before the 'flood' then how does one reconcile the scriptural accounts of giants after the flood, for example in 2 Sam 21:20 of “a man of great stature, that had on every hand six fingers, and on every foot six toes, four and twenty in number; and he also was born to the giant.”
Giants did not have to survive the flood, only their genes which can be passed on to other generations.

Enocish

Nov 9, 2017
So your research revealed the 8 Adamic souls?

Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.
Gen 7:2

So can you make the distinction between the clean beast and the beasts which are not clean?
Yes, Sir, I can
Deuteronomy 14:6 any animal that has a parted hoof and also at same time chews the cud is clean to eat. Not one or the other but both together.
But in your original, post you weren't talking about animals that were clean to eat. They were taken in 7 x 7 so all people could eat and survive while on the Ark.
The unclean only 2 x2
I believe what your looking for is Genisis 6:19 2 of every living flesh was to be taken on the ark to keep them alive with the Adamic souls, And they shall be male and female. These were not animals. They were the other races. Also, Cains clan somehow made it.
The animals weren't mentioned till later.
Get a Companion Bible, Highly recommended, KJV, No other Bible comes close. A Strongs concordance, and a Smiths Bible Dictionary.
Start your research with the word flesh and how its used in Gen 6:19. Also, ask God to open your eyes and ears so you can have eyes to see and ears to hear.

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
I don't think so, or else you would know that the sons of men are also beast, meaning man too is creature of flesh.

18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.
19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.
20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?
Eccl 3:18-21

I believe what your looking for is Genisis 6:19 2 of every living flesh was to be taken on the ark to keep them alive with the Adamic souls, And they shall be male and female. These were not animals. They were the other races. Also, Cains clan somehow made it.
So are you saying that only one race has a soul?

Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. 1 Peter 3:20

Also, ask God to open your eyes and ears so you can have eyes to see and ears to hear.
I perceive you don't have clue.

Enocish

Nov 9, 2017
I don't think so, or else you would know that the sons of men are also beast, meaning man too is creature of flesh.

18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.
19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.
20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?
Eccl 3:18-21

So are you saying that only one race has a soul?

Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. 1 Peter 3:20

I perceive you don't have clue.
You may be right, But then I'm not the one asking questions to which I already know the answer to.

GodisONE

Jul 11, 2018
No problem but while you mention the trinity, the Catholic dogma of the trinity did not change the wording of the passage in Matthew 28:19, which charges his disciples to go therefore and teach all nations and to baptize them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost, since they hold the trinity is a mystery of the faith which only God himself can reveal.

They baptise " in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" and not their names since the trinity doctrine is based upon the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost being three separate and distinct persons of the trinity. Which is to say, they hold that the Father is not the Son who is not the Holy Ghost who is neither the Father or the Son.

The divine persons do not share the one divinity among themselves but each of them is God whole and entire
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s2c1p2.htm
However they don't worship three Gods, one rather one God in three persons whose nature is one God.

I thought saying Yeshua is like saying Allah, except Hebrew. Allah is not a name but the Arabic word that translates to eternal God, and Yeshua being Jewish national name for God.

So what do you think of Rev. 2:17?

The Catholic Encyclopedia, II, page 263:

"The baptismal formula was changed from the name of Jesus Christ to the words Father, Son, and Holy Spirit by the Catholic Church in the second century."

The Catholic University of America in Washington, D. C. 1923, New Testament Studies Number 5:

The Lord's Command To Baptize An Historical Critical Investigation. By Bernard Henry Cuneo page 27. "The passages in Acts and the Letters of St. Paul. These passages seem to point to the earliest form as baptism in the name of the Lord." Also we find. "Is it possible to reconcile these facts with the belief that Christ commanded his disciples to baptize in the trine form? Had Christ given such a command, it is urged, the Apostolic Church would have followed him, and we should have some trace of this obedience in the New Testament. No such trace can be found. The only explanation of this silence, according to the anti-traditional view, is this the short christological (Jesus Name) formula was (the) original, and the longer trine formula was a later development."

THIS GUY EVENTUALLY WAS THE POPE AND CONFESSES TO IT:
Catholic Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger:

He makes this confession as to the origin of the chief Trinity text of Matthew 28:19. "The basic form of our (Matthew 28:19 Trinitarian) profession of faith took shape during the course of the second and third centuries in connection with the ceremony of baptism. So far as its place of origin is concerned, the text (Matthew 28:19) came from the city of Rome." The Trinity baptism and text of Matthew 28:19 therefore did not originate from the original Church that started in Jerusalem around AD 33. It was rather as the evidence proves a later invention of Roman Catholicism completely fabricated. Very few know about these historical facts.

I have other examples but it is from Jewish, theologians, and church historians.
I was just showing that THREE CATHOLIC SOURCES admit they did in fact change it!!

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
The Catholic Encyclopedia, II, page 263:

"The baptismal formula was changed from the name of Jesus Christ to the words Father, Son, and Holy Spirit by the Catholic Church in the second century."

The Catholic University of America in Washington, D. C. 1923, New Testament Studies Number 5:

The Lord's Command To Baptize An Historical Critical Investigation. By Bernard Henry Cuneo page 27. "The passages in Acts and the Letters of St. Paul. These passages seem to point to the earliest form as baptism in the name of the Lord." Also we find. "Is it possible to reconcile these facts with the belief that Christ commanded his disciples to baptize in the trine form? Had Christ given such a command, it is urged, the Apostolic Church would have followed him, and we should have some trace of this obedience in the New Testament. No such trace can be found. The only explanation of this silence, according to the anti-traditional view, is this the short christological (Jesus Name) formula was (the) original, and the longer trine formula was a later development."

THIS GUY EVENTUALLY WAS THE POPE AND CONFESSES TO IT:
Catholic Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger:

He makes this confession as to the origin of the chief Trinity text of Matthew 28:19. "The basic form of our (Matthew 28:19 Trinitarian) profession of faith took shape during the course of the second and third centuries in connection with the ceremony of baptism. So far as its place of origin is concerned, the text (Matthew 28:19) came from the city of Rome."

I have other examples but it is from Jewish, theologians, and church historians.
I was just showing that THREE CATHOLIC SOURCES admit they did in fact change it!!
So if the scriptures state the doctrine of Christ, then Jesus was the Christ then it would be his doctrine, right?
  • Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
    Hebrews 6:1
  • Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
    2 John 9
Since it is written that it wasn't his doctrine, then the name of the Father, the name of the Son and the name of the Holy Ghost wouldn't have been Jesus Christ.
  • Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.
    John 7:16
  • Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ. Matt 16:20
The Trinity baptism and text of Matthew 28:19 therefore did not originate from the original Church that started in Jerusalem around AD 33. It was rather as the evidence proves a later invention of Roman Catholicism completely fabricated. Very few know about these historical facts.
The trinity doctrine of the Church itself didn't originate until the almost 200 years after the the death of Jesus.

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
You may be right, But then I'm not the one asking questions to which I already know
he answer to.
Actually I don't know how you reconcile the presence of giants after a global flood of waters.
So if there were giants living amongst men before the 'flood' then how does one reconcile the scriptural accounts of giants after the flood, for example in 2 Sam 21:20 of “a man of great stature, that had on every hand six fingers, and on every foot six toes, four and twenty in number; and he also was born to the giant.”
Since they would not have existed after the flood if only Noah and his house survived.

But then again, since the LORD said his spirit would not always strive with man since he is flesh also, but his days shall be one hundred and twenty years, so Noah wouldn't have been alive at the time of the flood anyways. (See Proverbs 18:2)

prove-all

May 16, 2014
I also agree to validity of the Book of Enoch.
there is many conflicks between the Book of Enoch, and the bible.
a big one is in chapter 40 of the Book of Enoch states..

9 seen and whose words I have heard and written down?’ And he said to me:
‘This first is Michael, the merciful and long-suffering: and the second,
who is set over all the diseases and all the wounds of the children of men,
is Raphael: and the third, who is set over all the powers, is Gabriel:

and the fourth, who is set over the repentance unto hope of those
who inherit eternal life, is named Phanuel.’

The Bible never mentions an angel named Phanuel, let alone an angel who is set over
the repentance of those who inherit eternal life. What blasphemy! That statement in
itself contradicts everything the Word of God teaches. We read in 1st Timothy 2:5
that Jesus Christ is the ONLY Mediator between God and men, not some angel named Phanuel...

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."
Repentance is strictly between a man and Jesus Christ alone. Only Jesus died for our sins,
and shed His blood to pay for them (1st Peter 1:18-19)

People 450-Feet Tall?

Bladerunner

Aug 22, 2016
There were giants in the earth in those days;
Genesis 6:4

God tells us that Noah, his Wife and their three Sons were perfect in their generations.(DNA). The three wives of the sons were taken a few days prior to the flood and were originally part of the civilization that DIED.

Using genetics, God allowed this as the safest way to introduce Giants to the post-flood world. As the wives are the ones who DNA is corrupted, only the X CHROMOSOME will be affected. We know these wives were not giants so their genetic makeup was only half of the total.
*It appears that as in males, who have a XY chromosomal pair of genes, if affected, would only present one-half of the of the whole DNA makeup of Giants. Same would be true for the wives since they did not have 6 fingers and toes.

How many giants would become from a Perfect son and a infected Wife. Male=XY, Female=XX, Female infected we will denote the chromosome with a X1. Thus, all three wives could have carried part of the Giant DNA. (X1X)

When Male (XY) and Wife are coupled (X1/X), they will produce the possibilities for each child born: (XY * X1/X) (It also tells us the Giant gene can exist in both male and female)

Male X with Female X1 = X/X1 (Female with partly Giant chromosomes)

Male X with Female= XX (Female, Normal)

Male Y with Female X1 = Y/X1 (Male with partly Giant Chromosomes)

Male Y with Female X = YX (Male, Normal)

As we see above, each Child would have a 50/50 chance of carrying the Giant gene. I believe we see it cropping up every now and then within the world's population.

It appears in scripture, there were giants after the flood although their size is indeed smaller than their cousins that died in the Flood. We are told that Giants of that period wer as tall as cedar trees and they (cedar trees) grew to a average height of 36'

Yet, after the Flood, most giants were relegated to heights of around 7-15'. Goliath and Hios Brothers were 10-13' in height according to their beds. We see the gigantism thoughout our population. From the Shack to others who actually showed us those characteristics. Are they part Giants or do they have the Giant of the Bible Chromosomes? We have no way to confirm that one way or the other. It seems the gene turns on or off as needed, the Hormone maker (Pituitary Gland) and sometimes, it leaves it ON. Thus a person would just keep growing.

Blade

Mar 28, 2016
Catholics have added new meaning to many, many words in violation of Deuteronomy 4:3 in respect to a word, singular. In doing so as a oral traditions of the fathers make to no the effect the author one author scripture .Plagiarism the same as blasphemy ,,,accrdeeting the work of one to another

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Unclean animals are used in parables found in ceremonial law used as shadow.

Unclean creatures are used to represent unconverted man and not those born again as identified as "sons of God" as many that follow after the Holy Spirit of God.

Because the father of lies who has no form spoke through a creature and convinced man that God was a liar (Did God really say you will die a death in the form of corruption came.

Because Christ wanted to make sure we eat the food was of his will the kind of food which the Apostles at first knew not of , Again to show us he is not served by the things of a corruptible creation I am remind of when the lord put his words on the mouth of a creature, as a Ass.restraining the madness of that false prophet

Numbers 22:28 And the Lord opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?

It help us understand we must walk faith the unseen remining us God is not served by human flesh in any way shape or form .

We can see that develop in the gospel in Exodus 13 another parable .

That thou shalt set apart unto the Lord all that openeth the matrix, and every firstling that cometh of a beast which thou hast; the males shall be the Lord's. And every firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb; and if thou wilt not redeem it, then thou shalt break his neck: and all the firstborn of man among thy children shalt thou redeem.Exodus And it shall be when thy son asketh thee in time to come, saying, What is this? that thou shalt say unto him, By strength of hand the Lord brought us out from Egypt, from the house of bondage:Exodus 13:12-13

In the new testament we have a picture of the Lamb of God riding on a Ass preparing to be a living sacrifice. prophecied inZechariah 9:9

Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass .Zechariah 9:9

Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass. Matthew 21:5

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
You didn't? What is this quote from your post implying?
Adstar :: So while satan like all angels and us humans will exist forever into the future.
What i said meant exactly what i said.. I never stated that satan has existed forever and ever.. I said satan was created as was all the other angels.. Stating that satan will never cease to exist does not mean satan has always existed.. God is the only one who has always existed.. We where created also so we have not always existed.. But we shall exist forever more just like the angels will..

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. Matt 24:35

So if the authors of the copyrighted Bibles rewrote Genesis 1:1 to say that God created the heavens and the earth, then why didn't they rewrite those scriptures like Matthew 24:35 to Heavens and earth shall pass away if they actually believed he created the heavens and the earth in Genesis 1:1.
Why would they need to? This earth and heaven will pass away when the New heaven and the new earth are established at the end of the 1000 year Kingdom of the LORD... Saying that the current earth and heaven will pass away does not mean someone is denying God created the current earth and heaven..

But then again, if the world was made by his 'word' then how could the heavens and earth pass away?
He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not .John 1:10
It can easly pass away if God wills it to pass away... Not sure why you would be even making this point.. Some strange questions you are asking here Zmouth ???

How about what the son of David said?

I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men,
that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.
Eccl 3:18

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made.
Gen 3:1​

What about David?? So satan can possess a beast a serpent and speak through it.. Thats not such a weird thing when demons can posses human beings and Jesus can make them possess a heard of pigs as was revealed in the Gospels.. Indeed satan is a cherb angel and is thius part beast having wings..
So if vipers, being evil can speak good things as evident by Matt 12:34, then obviously those who are evil give their children good gifts right?

O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
Matt 12:34

Or do you think that he is saying that being evil they couldn't speak good things? or like he said in John 8:44, that they were of their father the devil who was a liar from the beginning who abode not in the truth?
I have absolutely no idea why you are making these points ? What has this Got to do with the existence of Giants on the earth and how they came to be eliminated ? You really have gone off into a weird side track here and i have no idea what point you are trying to make.. Please let me know what it is if you want me to help you..

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
God tells us that Noah, his Wife and their three Sons were perfect in their generations.(DNA).
Generations refers unto descendants, offspring.

These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
Gen 6:9-10

This is the book of the generations of Adam. Genesis 5:1
This is the book of the descendants of Adam. (Example)
This is the book of the DNA of Adam (???)

GodisONE

Jul 11, 2018
there is many conflicks between the Book of Enoch, and the bible.
a big one is in chapter 40 of the Book of Enoch states..

9 seen and whose words I have heard and written down?’ And he said to me:
‘This first is Michael, the merciful and long-suffering: and the second,
who is set over all the diseases and all the wounds of the children of men,
is Raphael: and the third, who is set over all the powers, is Gabriel:

and the fourth, who is set over the repentance unto hope of those
who inherit eternal life, is named Phanuel.’

The Bible never mentions an angel named Phanuel, let alone an angel who is set over
the repentance of those who inherit eternal life. What blasphemy! That statement in
itself contradicts everything the Word of God teaches. We read in 1st Timothy 2:5
that Jesus Christ is the ONLY Mediator between God and men, not some angel named Phanuel...

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."
Repentance is strictly between a man and Jesus Christ alone. Only Jesus died for our sins,
and shed His blood to pay for them (1st Peter 1:18-19)

People 450-Feet Tall?

it's been said that Enoch wrote the first 20 some chapters and then after that someone else. when I stated the validity response, it was also specific to chapter 1 that aligns with both Daniel and Revelation. I think the first chapter is pretty accurate.

Nauga

Jun 7, 2018
Three kinds of angels.

(1) Administering spirits sent by God as Sons of God led by the Spirit of God as those who left not their first place of habitation .No DNA, no procreation... not created from the dust of the field

(2) Demons as the same kind of angels yet not led by the Spirit of God as those who did leave their first place of habitation. No DNA, no procreation not created from the dust of the field .

(3) Those called men as Sons of God born again of the Spirit of God (new creation) as angels messenger sent to bring the gospel of Christ. They have DNA making it possible to procreate . Born again Sons of God led by the Spirit of God are shown below. In that way the members of this board (Christian Chat) can be considered angels led by the Spirit to bring the word of God .

2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares .Hebrew 13:2

The portion of scripture has to with men and woman as that seen .No reference to angels not seen . Angels that have no Dna cannot re create them self giving them DNA.

The Genesis 6 portion of scriptures is simply showing the born again believers men as Sons of men were being unevenly yoked with daughters of men a term that speaks of thos unconverted.

Good Hollywood stuff with the special effects people that know how to use their imaginations .But nothing to do with scripture.

Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, "intruding into those things" which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,Colossians 2:18

Not one mention of a angel not seen

And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,(men)
That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them,(men) the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. Geneisis 6:1_7
Demons are not fallen angels at all. Demons are Earthborn. They are half angel, spirits of the offspring of angels and human women.

glf1

Jun 10, 2018
Hey! Y'all... PTL!
2 Pet 2:4 "For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment."
In the above scripture we see that all angels that sinned, be they fallen or otherwise; were cast into hell and delivered into chains of darkness to be reserved unto judgment. Not a place where they would find any daughters of men to marry, especially since Jesus told us that angels do not marry. Kind of a double proof that it wasn't angels who were the sons of God spoken about here, unless of course you believe the book of Enoch to have the preeminence over the bible for what is the scriptures...
Maranatha!