How Did You -- or Someone You Know -- First Learn You Had A Certain Allergy or Sensitivity? (Share Your Stories!)

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Yeah, allergies are crazy. I'm glad mine are mostly light. (I'm very allegric to bees, not quite shock, but swelling, hives, intense pain, burning waves, the whole shebang. the doctor gave me an epi pen, but I've been careful to not get stung and haven't in over 2 years. It was triggered by getting a lot of stings to the same vein in my arm in a short period of time.)

But I know someone who is allergic to sunlight, which sucks, and know of someone who is allergic to something crazy, like, maybe even water.
 
one cat
Yes she is furry.
But I don't hug her too much. She does moult a bit but she usually sleeps on her special place (on top of the sewing machine) and its covered with a cloth, and I have trained her not to go near the dining table or sit in the dining chairs. She has a special tray in the laundry where she eats her own cat food.

I also sweep the floors every week.

One of my cousins has allergies, to fur dander, pollen, and shellfish. She keeps a bunny in a separate house! They live in a duplex. She had to cut down some trees when she moved because the birch pollen was affecting her, and she couldn't have a garden, practically every flowering plant was removed. She can't eat or avoids crustaceans.

Another cousin has a peanut allergy, and she had eczema as a child. I think sometimes you can grow out of an allergy and it doesn't affect you anymore, or maybe you take some medicine to help you cope.

I sometimes take a nasal spray when hayfever gets bad. I used to have these quail eggs pills/tablets that were really effective but they not being made anymore.
phunnneee thing about the cat: just yesterday my wife said if i get promoted b4 her, she's going to get a cat immediately. my greatness! lets pray she resolves these issues. i grew out of a couple of allergies without medicine. not being anymore because they worked well, probably. that's america's strategy: if something works well, they take it off the market so you can spend more money fixing yourself or anything else. here are a couple of items that i'm talking about. chlordane: a bug killer, swat 2: a fly killer, fluid joint: assists in bone pain & joint fluid build-up.
 
  • Sad
Reactions: enril
phunnneee thing about the cat: just yesterday my wife said if i get promoted b4 her, she's going to get a cat immediately. my greatness! lets pray she resolves these issues. i grew out of a couple of allergies without medicine. not being anymore because they worked well, probably. that's america's strategy: if something works well, they take it off the market so you can spend more money fixing yourself or anything else. here are a couple of items that i'm talking about. chlordane: a bug killer, swat 2: a fly killer, fluid joint: assists in bone pain & joint fluid build-up.
For a while there was a company that made unbreakable phone cords.
They went bankrupt.
 
so sad! anyone can find true stories on the internet. i know a bunch of them.
yeah, I would like one of those. although my baesus charger is still going strong after ~2 months.
(very allergy-related, isn't this? lol)
 
Yeah, allergies are crazy. I'm glad mine are mostly light. (I'm very allegric to bees, not quite shock, but swelling, hives, intense pain, burning waves, the whole shebang. the doctor gave me an epi pen, but I've been careful to not get stung and haven't in over 2 years. It was triggered by getting a lot of stings to the same vein in my arm in a short period of time.)

But I know someone who is allergic to sunlight, which sucks, and know of someone who is allergic to something crazy, like, maybe even water.

Having an Epi/ epinephrine pen with you throughout the warm months is a wise if you have experienced anaphylaxis.
There's other things I would also recommend.

Consulting a qualified Naturopathic Health Care Practitioner knowledgeable about that area might be productive.
I know someone who claims that he's "allergic to sunshine" too. He is so totally fixated on the fallacy that Medical (read chemical compounds/pharma) Doctors are the go to for such issues, that he's suffered a lifetime with a complex of related health challenges, spent his livelihood on insurance and Drs, yet is worse. Luke 8:43 KJV
He lives like a vampire because he is convinced that is the only way to maintain his "health" and he is right!
He will not improve unless he's willing to investigate proper options.
Luke 6:49 KJV
 
  • Like
Reactions: enril
My first allergy occurred when I was living in Omaha NE for the 2nd 4 year military tour. I started getting sneezy and itchy eyes in the fall. I pretty much just ignored it. When I moved away the symptoms didn't come back... until I moved to Wyoming. Now I'm experiencing the same allergy, not sure what it's too, but I take allergy medicine now to try and minimize the symptoms.
Ragweed or another weed pollen probably. Fall is the season for weed pollen.

On another note, my doctor explained to me that some people have a genetic mutation that makes it hard for them to process (methylate) certain B vitamins and downstream of that process is the body's ability to clear out histamine (which is what causes the allergic reaction). He had me change to a multivitamin that had the B vitamins already methylated and my allergy symptoms have greatly decreased since then. Worth a try.
 
years ago, my husband was giving me a back massage using sweet almond moisturizing oil. my back started to itch, and i wondered, "wow. is my back that dry??" turns out, i was breaking out in hives LOL. i had no idea i have a topical allergy to almond oil. husband felt so bad, but i said, "how were you supposed to know? i didn't even know!" i was 36 lol.
 
  • Love
Reactions: seoulsearch