E
eternally-gratefull
Guest
agreed! Nice to find another like minded.need coffee too. Lol
Me three..
agreed! Nice to find another like minded.need coffee too. Lol
I do not think the world is only 6000 years old. I strongly suspect it is not millions of years old. Outside of that, I have no idea how old it is.I already showed you some
The fossil record are where they get these ages from. It is dry possible. Actually highly likely, the fossil record is the record pop the flood and not the millions of year age of the earth.
it took me about a year of studying pretty in-depth to even decide where I wanted to go in belief,, I can give you some general ideas.. But it may take a lot of study to see my points..
Good you three hit the coffee, and I get more diet decaf Pepsi. lolMe three..
Some books I have read are the genesis flood - Morris and whitecome, Earths catastrophic past - snelling, The hydroplate theory - Walt brown. Long reads., but worth it. They all have compelling evidence and shows how it is possible.
I am not interested in your long reads. I have studied also and I have a daughter your age, I've been around. I have the Holy Spirit and the old earth makes the only sense.![]()
So, when a Christian is believing in the Big Bang or evolution, he is in the wrong camp, because you do not believe so, right?It really is clear, even when I come into it with preconceived notions.
One preconceived notion was God was only love. Killed that notion somewhere between Noah and Micah! God has a wrath even I can't imagine.
Another preconceived notion was that somehow evolution could conform to Genesis 1. After decades of research, that preconceived notion has flown out the door long ago.
So, you're right. We can read the Bible with preconceived notions. If we are God's kids, he will toss them out eventually to make room for truth.
Another one was the Big Bang was real. Not only has that one been tossed out, even the scientists don't believe it anymore.
I do not think the world is only 6000 years old. I strongly suspect it is not millions of years old. Outside of that, I have no idea how old it is.
I've always been curious about the age of dinosaurs and those other really big creatures. I don't know that I have read anywhere in scripture about them.
Well star, it looks like this thread was taken over by those young earth people. When they get done venting I'll be back with another view, if you are interested. My time is better spent elsewhere right now.![]()
I am not a young-eartherWell star, it looks like this thread was taken over by those young earth people. When they get done venting I'll be back with another view, if you are interested. My time is better spent elsewhere right now.
I believe that they existed before the flood and they missed the boat.
Well star, it looks like this thread was taken over by those young earth people. When they get done venting I'll be back with another view, if you are interested. My time is better spent elsewhere right now.![]()
i hope you dont think i was venting
i didnt want to offend you...
i know plenty of people who believe the earth is billions of years old
matter of fact
ive only met one other person face to face who shared my belief ever...
im delighted to see many of my brothers and sisters here agree thats what the bible clearly says
but this to me is nothing id ever hold against you
it doesnt even pertain to salvation or the NT
id rather not argue over the creation itself
i just feel strongly about what i believe as im sure you do
God bless you
and i hope He shows you how right i am
(hahahaha)
I am not a young-earther(just for the record).
God can create things aged, alsoAdam and Eve were fully formed as adults (we assume, true, but it makes no sense to assume otherwise). Jesus also by-passed the aging process generally required by mere mortals for distillation when He created wine from water
Thats the problem in threads like this. People give views, But do not judge other views. Then other people make point of fact statement (there is no way to prove what you believe) then when someone tries to share that yes, there is some evidence, Why do you not check it out with an open mind, and see what6 you think, THEN make your decision.
You get arrogant statements like we saw here today.
I do hold it against them. It is not Christlike. And just breads division and animosity.
The fact this is a non essential issue, and what we believe the age of the earth is is not even a salvic issue, It makes it even worse.
Is the earth billions of years old? I do not know,. Is it 10000 years old? I do nto know that either, I have an opinion, but non of us can prove our opinions.
Yet we will attack people and mock those who disagree with us.
ill be honest
i may have been kind about the old earth deal
but i went kinda hard against evolution
evillusion
![]()
well evolution is not debatable. Gen 1 destroys evolution, either you believe God created all animals according to their kind, or you believe in evolution.
about the only issue I would have against OEC is that they have death occurring before the fall. I think this is a pretty major issue, but not one I would want to beat a brother over the head with and attack them in order to puff myself up.