How do I grow in God? Like in Heb. 6: 1-3.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
... is . .. are ...

sigh

tantalon

Oct 11, 2019
Many, if not most Christians think of their conversion now as the finish line, but as Hebrews 6: 1-3 states, it is the STARTING line. After being saved, spiritual growth in righteousness is required. The world, the flesh and the devil are determined adversaries. There is warfare ahead, that is why armor is required (Eph.6: 11-18) and not a wreath, as in the END of the race. Hebrew speaks of understanding the foundational requirements and then MOVING ON in obedience to the word, so as to mature. One of the hardest things to overcome is our words, written or spoken. Every IDLE word that men speak, they shall give an account thereof in the day of judgement. Matthew 12: 36,37. Having received Christ, and the indwelling spirit, is NOT the end all, but as babes in our salvation, we need to grow up and show our need for maturity in our obedience to God's word. Critical, argumentative and harsh words are not pleasing to God, and show a lack of restraint and rightness when committed.

Sep 3, 2016
The 'way of the cross ' only Jesus could do . We don't try to follow what He did . its impossible . Again ( and correct me if I.m wrong ) Your teaching works salvation. Which is the opposite of rhe Gospel message . Obedience . 'crucified life ' Acts of onedience ', deeds of faith 'are all ' works '. Now all of those things are good but not to stay saved , be saved ect . That is disobedience to the Gospel message and cannot do anything.
What I teach is 100% sanctification! How to live for God!

When the Believer Faith leaves Christ Crucified (God's prescribed order of victory, over sin, the world, the flesh, and the Devil - Rom. 8:2), the works of the flesh (Gal. 5:19-21) begins to manifest. If we choose to ignore God’s way, the intrusion of human wisdom (man's point of view), and worldliness enters your life and your home.

In other words, the Cross of Christ (The Power of God, i.e., The Holy Spirit - 1 Cor. 1:18) is immediately voided and canceled out of a Christian life that works in them. The Apostle Paul says that God intentionally, on purpose, rejects the wisdom of this world and makes foolish (1 Cor. 1:19).

When we leave the Cross we become ignorant of our own stereotypical bias actions by walking in the vanity of our minds which the bible calls corrupt deceitful lusts (Eph. 4:17, 22). In other words, the Cross of Christ is demoted and human wisdom is elevated.

What is the "Law of Faith?" It is the way God works. And what is that way? It is Jesus Christ and Him Crucified. That way is the Cross! Whatsoever is not of faith is sin. Never forsake the Cross! Our faith must be exclusively in Christ and the Cross, i.e., finished work of Christ - The Blood of Jesus

1. Jesus Christ is the source of all blessings.
2. The Cross is the means by which all blessings are given.
3. The object of our faith must be Christ and the Cross.
4. That being done, the Holy Spirit will greatly help us.

Sep 3, 2016
The 'way of the cross ' only Jesus could do . We don't try to follow what He did . its impossible . Again ( and correct me if I.m wrong ) Your teaching works salvation. Which is the opposite of rhe Gospel message . Obedience . 'crucified life ' Acts of onedience ', deeds of faith 'are all ' works '. Now all of those things are good but not to stay saved , be saved ect . That is disobedience to the Gospel message and cannot do anything.
It is by "Grace" through "Faith (in Christ and the Cross)" that the "Temple" is built.

The only thing that God will accept from any Believer is "Faith" in His Beloved Son Jesus and the Cross of Calvary where the victory was won, i.e., The Finished Work, i.e., The Blood of Jesus.

God has chosen to operate His work from the basis of faith. "The Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:2) is God's prescribed order of victory for the Believer over sin, the world, the flesh, and the Devil. This means that the Believer must place and maintain proper Faith the size of a mustard seed exclusively in Christ and His Finished Work at Calvary Cross where the victory was won, i.e., The Blood of Jesus, so that His life would be lived through you. This gives the Holy Spirit the legal means to help and do what is needed to be done in the Believer's life because the Believer is glorifying Christ, God's beloved Son in whom He is pleased (Philippians 2:13). You are now operating in the Spirit (Rom. 8:2). No Believer can fix the flesh with the flesh. All fruits that are added to the leaves of the Believer most be done by the Holy Spirit or you enter the works of the flesh (John 15:5, Gal. 5:19-21).

The Holy Spirit doesn't require much of us, but He does require one thing, and without reservation. Our Faith must exclusively be in Christ and the Cross; understanding that this is God's Prescribed Order of Victory (Rom. 8:2).

The Holy Spirit works strictly and only within the parameters of the Atoning Perfect Sacrifice of Jesus Christ at Calvary Cross where the victory was won. The reason is simple, that's where the price was paid, and the victory was forever won (Romans 6:1-14; 1 Cor. 2:2; Gal. 5; Gal. 6:14; Eph. 2:13-18; Col. 2:14-15).

Victory over sin: Romans 8:2
Victory over the world: Galatians 6:14; 1 John 5:4
Victory over the flesh: Galatians 5:24
Victory over the Devil: Hebrews 2:14; Colossians 2:15

The Apostle Paul makes it very clear in Romans 8:10 that the physical body, mind/intellect, and the heart (which is evil - Jeremiah 17:9) have been rendered helpless because of the original sin; consequently, the Believer trying to overcome by willpower presents a fruitless task. Only the Holy Spirit can mortify the deeds of the flesh and make us what we ought to be (Romans 8:13). This means we cannot do it ourselves. Once again, He performs all that He does within the confines of the Finished Work of Christ (Romans 8:2).

If a Christian will and their efforts to live for God is in anything except Christ and the Cross, i.e., Finished Work, The Blood of Jesus (Romans 8:2), Satan can override your will and force you to do things you don't want to do and trying not to do (Ephesians 6:12). Jesus said deny yourself and pick up your cross and follow me (Luke 9:23). This includes Christian disciplines and religious activity that appeals to the flesh (the flesh good works).

Remember our bodies are dead and useless to God. The heart is prone to wander away from God's love and eat from "The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil." The reason why the body is dead is because of the effects of the fall has made us totally incapable of yielding spiritual obedience on a regular basis (Jeremiah 13:23). So there must be a source outside of myself that helps me to enter into sanctification which is the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:13).

Note: The Believer must repent not just for the bad they are doing, but also for the good they are doing. Why? Because the Believer can depend on the good to get them through (Jer. 6:13-15). Good things will always follow right living. However, that is not God's way. His way is Faith exclusively in Christ and His Finished Work (Rev. 3:17-22).

The "Tree of Life" (Psalm 1:3)
The Way Of The Spirit
Focus: The Lord Jesus Christ (John 14:6)
Object Of Faith: The Cross of Christ (Romans 6:1-14)
Power Source: The Holy Spirit (Romans 8:1-2, 11)
Results: Victory (Romans 6:14)

The "Tree of the knowledge of good and evil" (Genesis 2:17)
Man's Way
Focus: Works.
Object Of Faith: Performance.
Power Source: Self.
Results: Defeat!

Everything that mans does dies; everything Jesus does lives forever and is blessed. Psalm 1:3

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
It is by "Grace" through "Faith (in Christ and the Cross)" that the "Temple" is built.

The only thing that God will accept from any Believer is "Faith" in His Beloved Son Jesus and the Cross of Calvary where the victory was won, i.e., The Finished Work, i.e., The Blood of Jesus.

God has chosen to operate His work from the basis of faith. "The Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:2) is God's prescribed order of victory for the Believer over sin, the world, the flesh, and the Devil. This means that the Believer must place and maintain proper Faith the size of a mustard seed exclusively in Christ and His Finished Work at Calvary Cross where the victory was won, i.e., The Blood of Jesus, so that His life would be lived through you. This gives the Holy Spirit the legal means to help and do what is needed to be done in the Believer's life because the Believer is glorifying Christ, God's beloved Son in whom He is pleased (Philippians 2:13). You are now operating in the Spirit (Rom. 8:2). No Believer can fix the flesh with the flesh. All fruits that are added to the leaves of the Believer most be done by the Holy Spirit or you enter the works of the flesh (John 15:5, Gal. 5:19-21).

The Holy Spirit doesn't require much of us, but He does require one thing, and without reservation. Our Faith must exclusively be in Christ and the Cross; understanding that this is God's Prescribed Order of Victory (Rom. 8:2).

The Holy Spirit works strictly and only within the parameters of the Atoning Perfect Sacrifice of Jesus Christ at Calvary Cross where the victory was won. The reason is simple, that's where the price was paid, and the victory was forever won (Romans 6:1-14; 1 Cor. 2:2; Gal. 5; Gal. 6:14; Eph. 2:13-18; Col. 2:14-15).

Victory over sin: Romans 8:2
Victory over the world: Galatians 6:14; 1 John 5:4
Victory over the flesh: Galatians 5:24
Victory over the Devil: Hebrews 2:14; Colossians 2:15

The Apostle Paul makes it very clear in Romans 8:10 that the physical body, mind/intellect, and the heart (which is evil - Jeremiah 17:9) have been rendered helpless because of the original sin; consequently, the Believer trying to overcome by willpower presents a fruitless task. Only the Holy Spirit can mortify the deeds of the flesh and make us what we ought to be (Romans 8:13). This means we cannot do it ourselves. Once again, He performs all that He does within the confines of the Finished Work of Christ (Romans 8:2).

If a Christian will and their efforts to live for God is in anything except Christ and the Cross, i.e., Finished Work, The Blood of Jesus (Romans 8:2), Satan can override your will and force you to do things you don't want to do and trying not to do (Ephesians 6:12). Jesus said deny yourself and pick up your cross and follow me (Luke 9:23). This includes Christian disciplines and religious activity that appeals to the flesh (the flesh good works).

Remember our bodies are dead and useless to God. The heart is prone to wander away from God's love and eat from "The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil." The reason why the body is dead is because of the effects of the fall has made us totally incapable of yielding spiritual obedience on a regular basis (Jeremiah 13:23). So there must be a source outside of myself that helps me to enter into sanctification which is the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:13).

Note: The Believer must repent not just for the bad they are doing, but also for the good they are doing. Why? Because the Believer can depend on the good to get them through (Jer. 6:13-15). Good things will always follow right living. However, that is not God's way. His way is Faith exclusively in Christ and His Finished Work (Rev. 3:17-22).

The "Tree of Life" (Psalm 1:3)
The Way Of The Spirit
Focus: The Lord Jesus Christ (John 14:6)
Object Of Faith: The Cross of Christ (Romans 6:1-14)
Power Source: The Holy Spirit (Romans 8:1-2, 11)
Results: Victory (Romans 6:14)

The "Tree of the knowledge of good and evil" (Genesis 2:17)
Man's Way
Focus: Works.
Object Of Faith: Performance.
Power Source: Self.
Results: Defeat!

Everything that mans does dies; everything Jesus does lives forever and is blessed. Psalm 1:3
Its probably best if you focus on the scriptures. your very vague

When the Believer Faith leaves Christ Crucified (God's prescribed order of victory, over sin, the world, the flesh, and the Devil - Rom. 8:2), the works of the flesh (Gal. 5:19-21) begins to manifest. If we choose to ignore God’s way, the intrusion of human wisdom (man's point of view), and worldliness enters your life and your home.

In other words, the Cross of Christ (The Power of God, i.e., The Holy Spirit - 1 Cor. 1:18) is immediately voided and canceled out of a Christian life that works in them. The Apostle Paul says that God intentionally, on purpose, rejects the wisdom of this world and makes foolish (1 Cor. 1:19).

When we leave the Cross we become ignorant of our own stereotypical bias actions by walking in the vanity of our minds which the bible calls corrupt deceitful lusts (Eph. 4:17, 22). In other words, the Cross of Christ is demoted and human wisdom is elevated.

What is the "Law of Faith?" It is the way God works. And what is that way? It is Jesus Christ and Him Crucified. That way is the Cross! Whatsoever is not of faith is sin. Never forsake the Cross! Our faith must be exclusively in Christ and the Cross, i.e., finished work of Christ - The Blood of Jesus

If a believer could lose his salvation he would . Every believer would lose salvation. No one would make it .

Sep 3, 2016
If a believer could lose his salvation he would . Every believer would lose salvation. No one would make it .
The maturing Christians has one eye on the soon-coming "Judgement Seat of Christ (knowing that we will stand before our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ)!"

Notice what large letters I use as I write:

Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought (is the same as Paul’s “examine yourselves” [II Cor. 13:5]), but that we receive a full reward (refers to the coming Judgment Seat of Christ, where and when every true Christian will give an account). 2 John 1:8

Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown. Rev. 3:11

JSM

1599588867630.png

Feb 28, 2016
Some say the Beatitudes is a step by step lesson for spiritual growth.
===========================================
certainly the 'Sermon on the Mount' would, in the order of things be on a higher plane than what Paul taught, -
Jesus was, of course, wiser than Paul, for He was his Teacher...

Blik

Dec 6, 2016

This is all true, but people who leave out the Father, who do not know that Christ and the Father are one, are falling so very short of even understanding the cross. It is my experience that many people do leave out the Father.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Babes in Christ, to saints.
Peter has given you the progression in his epistles (1 Pet 2:2; 2 Pet 1:5-8).

As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the Word, that ye may grow thereby:...
And beside this, giving all diligence,
1. add to your faith virtue;
2. and to virtue knowledge;
3. And to knowledge temperance;
4. and to temperance patience;
5. and to patience godliness;
6. And to godliness brotherly kindness;
7. and to brotherly kindness charity [agape love].
For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Sep 3, 2016
This is all true, but people who leave out the Father, who do not know that Christ and the Father are one, are falling so very short of even understanding the cross. It is my experience that many people do leave out the Father.
The only way to God is through Jesus Christ (John 14:6)...the only way to Jesus Christ is by the Means of the Cross (Luke 14:27). The only way to the Cross is a denial of self (Luke 9:23). If any person tries to come any other way, Jesus says, "they are a thief and a robber" (John 10:1).

Sep 3, 2016
When the Preacher or Teacher points every jot and tittle of the Word of God to Calvary the Word of God becomes alive with POWER; Why? Because the life is in the BLOOD. Without the BLOOD, the Word means nothing (1 Cor.1:18, Lev. 17:11, Gal. 5:4). Therefore, preaching and teaching Christ Crucified, the Word becomes alive with Power:

Hebrews 4:12

“For the Word of God is quick (alive), and powerful (active, energizing), and sharper than any two-edged sword (refers to the ability of the Word of God to “probe”), piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow (doesn’t mean the dividing asunder of soul from spirit or joints from marrow, but rather that the Word of God pierces the soul and the spirit, adequately proclaiming what man ought to be and can only be in Christ; as well, the Word of God portrays to us the Holy Spirit and His Power, and proclaims the fact that He Alone can “quicken our mortal bodies” [Rom. 8:11], which refers to giving us power to yield this physical body to that which is Righteous [Rom. 6:12-13]), and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart (carries the idea of “sifting out and analyzing evidence”).

If the Word doesn't point to Calvary it has no power (a form of godliness - denying the TRUE POWER). Matthew 7:14, John 15:5

awelight

Aug 10, 2020
Could not agree with you more on this point. If Adam couldn't make it and he was created upright, then we as sinners have no hope of making it on our own. But thank God, Christ will lead us all the way, inspite of our stumbling and falling.

awelight

Aug 10, 2020
===========================================
certainly the 'Sermon on the Mount' would, in the order of things be on a higher plane than what Paul taught, -
Jesus was, of course, wiser than Paul, for He was his Teacher...
PLEASE don't go there! Do not try to place the Lord against His own picked Apostle. Paul wrote by Divine inspiration, which means all that he wrote was from God. God does not speak against Himself.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Babes in Christ, to saints.
Accepting the basics of doctrine is what the writer is saying. We spend time repeatedly arguing about the very basics . So we can never learn the teaching of righteousness

“Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection;

not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. And this will we do, if God permit.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭6:1-3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Spiritual milk is for those just being converted . Often in Christ’s teachings you find the principle of the seed which is planted and begins to grow , it strengthens and grows in faith eventually though the plant or tree needs to begin bearing fruit

if we spend our time arguing about everything we learn the basics we can never accept the next progressive part of the message that leads us into repentance and redemption .

if we argue about baptisms method , whether laying hands on other believers is true , whether the gift of tongues is real whether we must repent of the deeds of sin or not all of the basics faith on Christ .

to grow up we need the solid food the meat and high protein of believing the truth of Jesus Christ in his teachings there is Grace , truth , the fear of God , guaranteed eternal Judgement to come a guaranteed return of Jesus Christ from heaven some day ect

babes argue instead of believe and grow it’s as simple as actually believing Gods word Jesus preached

Feb 28, 2016
PLEASE don't go there! Do not try to place the Lord against His own picked Apostle. Paul wrote by Divine inspiration, which means all that he wrote was from God. God does not speak against Himself.
=====================================
say WHAT???

Mar 28, 2016
God does not speak against Himself or not against Paul?

The word Apostles simply mean sent one. Adding new meaning to a word can change the prophecy as commands and offer a new meanings. Making "sent one" without effect. .

God is not served by a corrupted dying creation

Balaam's Ass was sent as a apostle it spoke by Divine inspiration and as a work of the faith of God it stopped the madness of that false prophet..

Abel the first recorded martyr spoke by the same power not of his own self but sent of God .

Making apostles into gods in the likeness of men caused Paul and Barnabas to cry blasphemy .They who witnessed the work having no faith .not little but none attributed the unseen word of Gospel to the hands of the apostles Taking away the power of the gospel giving it to the corrupted hands of mankind

Acts 14: 7-12 And there they preached the gospel. And there sat a certain man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, being a cripple from his mother's womb, who never had walked: The same heard Paul speak: who stedfastly beholding him, and perceiving that he had faith to be healed, Said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked.
And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men.And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker.

God is not served by corrupted human hands as if he needed something form the clay he is forming Christ in .

We are not to puff up the apostles above that which is written. It leads to the question. What do we have that was not freely given and if it was given from God why would one sent by God boast?

1 Corinthians 4:5-7 King James Version (KJV)
Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God. And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another. For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Adding new meaning to a word can change the prophecy as commands and offer a new meanings.
Adding a new meaning to a word can … offer a new meaning.

Your profundity is astounding.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
The only way to God is through Jesus Christ (John 14:6)...the only way to Jesus Christ is by the Means of the Cross (Luke 14:27). The only way to the Cross is a denial of self (Luke 9:23). If any person tries to come any other way, Jesus says, "they are a thief and a robber" (John 10:1).

The world was over 4,000 years old when Christ went to the cross. Did God condemn all the people who lived before the cross to death? Was it futile to use the blood of animals to symbolize the blood given on the cross for forgiveness of sin? Do Moses and David live with the Lord?