how do I help the unbelievers?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LPT

We sorrow not as others which have no hope. The great solace is in knowing that they are not dead, just living in a new address and more alive now than they have ever been! And knowing that she is still praying for me is a great balm in midst of the loneliness. Heaven in now certainly sweeter and it means more to me now than it did when she was with me.
Just curiously when you said which have no hope, who are these folks?

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Just curiously when you said which have no hope, who are these folks?
People without Christ. They have no hope of seeing their loved ones again, and they have no hope of heaven for themselves. This is why many are saved when the Gospel is preached at funerals.

"But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope" (I Thessalonians 4:13).

"That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world" (Ephesians 2:12).

L

LPT

People without Christ. They have no hope of seeing their loved ones again, and they have no hope of heaven for themselves. This is why many are saved when the Gospel is preached at funerals.

"But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope" (I Thessalonians 4:13).

"That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world" (Ephesians 2:12).
I can't help but feel sorrow, :(

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
I can't help but feel sorrow, :(
Well, we DO sorrow, it just isn't the vain, empty, hopeless sorrow of the lost. God's Word speaks of a 'godly sorrow.' and Paul had ''great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart,' for his lost Jewish nation. My wife has been gone now for a year and a half and I still see things or remember things about her and my tears start flowing with the sadness.

If you didn't have sorrow, someone might question your love for her. But that you are sad (I have a brother in Christ whose wife has been gone going on three years, and he still hasn't gotten over the sadness) only proves that she meant a great deal to you.

I'm told that many people that are divorced go through a similar grieving process when they think of what they gave up.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
God has allowed that to be a foot hold to open doors. Your testimony has so much value. And with the Holy Spirit guiding you and planting your words into broken hearts, the possibilities are endless to how many lives you can touch!!

I gave an example of fear:

My real victory was rebellion!!
I have been fortunate to understand things rather quickly. It has opened many doors for jobs, to know people, to get favors, etc... And the older I got, I felt the smarter I was. I had an answer for everything (still do/it's a habit I am trying to work on)...but I could see both sides of any argument or law. And then I would choose to play in the middle. But eventually I got mine. It really was like a left jab from nowhere, and as I was picking myself up off the ground (in emotional terms), I realized my knowledge was a danger unless it was used properly. I lost a marriage and time. It took me almost 5 years to get out of that funk. But, it was when I lost my Dad a couple years ago, I really truthfully and honestly understood, I did not know crap!!

Yes, I give definitive answers. But, I am also looking to learn, now (haha). Every response I get from a differing point of view, is either a chance to learn or a chance to broaden my understanding. But rebellion is a tough mindset to kick. I struggle daily with it. It definitely is my thorn!!
Wow your mindset resonates with mine. I have found the same true in my life and mind, especially thinking the open minded argument and ground has more merit, claiming that because it is a position that looks at all sides. The answers derived from the centered perspective can indeed be well rounded and has potential value, for sure, but the accuracy of the conclusions derived can be just as contrived as any other. Humility and submission to His perspective are the ideal components to any equation. After all, we must remain teachable, ready for growth.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
We sorrow not as others which have no hope. The great solace is in knowing that they are not dead, just living in a new address and more alive now than they have ever been! And knowing that she is still praying for me is a great balm in midst of the loneliness. Heaven in now certainly sweeter and it means more to me now than it did when she was with me.
Awe her and her memory sound so delightful. While I'm so so sorry for your loss, I find it such a sweet immeasurable gift that her passing increased the value of Heaven. God Bless you Brother. I pray He wraps your heart and mind in communion with His comfort.

L

LPT

Well, we DO sorrow, it just isn't the vain, empty, hopeless sorrow of the lost. God's Word speaks of a 'godly sorrow.' and Paul had ''great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart,' for his lost Jewish nation. My wife has been gone now for a year and a half and I still see things or remember things about her and my tears start flowing with the sadness.

If you didn't have sorrow, someone might question your love for her. But that you are sad (I have a brother in Christ whose wife has been gone going on three years, and he still hasn't gotten over the sadness) only proves that she meant a great deal to you.

I'm told that many people that are divorced go through a similar grieving process when they think of what they gave up.
what I sorrow over isn't about a wife for I have never been married to another human being nor have any children, it's ok I understand want you mean...

Peace out,

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014

Love, true invested love, is such a precious and priceless blessing. The ache and sorrow that come with loss of that blessing helps us understand the dept of value that kind of blessing brings.

rlm68

Jul 23, 2018
Wow your mindset resonates with mine. I have found the same true in my life and mind, especially thinking the open minded argument and ground has more merit, claiming that because it is a position that looks at all sides. The answers derived from the centered perspective can indeed be well rounded and has potential value, for sure, but the accuracy of the conclusions derived can be just as contrived as any other. Humility and submission to His perspective are the ideal components to any equation. After all, we must remain teachable, ready for growth.

Then you get bored a lot if your mindset is similar to mine. It's this boredom that opens the doorway to trouble. It's like knowing all the answers before taking the test. The only problem is, you have to read each question to know where the answers you already know go. Once that is done, the challenge is over and you feel unchallenged and bored again.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Then you get bored a lot if your mindset is similar to mine. It's this boredom that opens the doorway to trouble. It's like knowing all the answers before taking the test. The only problem is, you have to read each question to know where the answers you already know go. Once that is done, the challenge is over and you feel unchallenged and bored again.
Well, as long as we remember that our answers are not the answers, we can use our created style of thinking to add dimensions to our thinking. Oops see, I assumed I had the appropriate response, but did I? Probably only partially like with all other minds, opinions and thoughts outside of His.

T

theanointedsinner

I rather believe that there's hope, than all hope is lost

T

theanointedsinner

in 5 seconds I can prove to you that Christianity is true

reply: that's impossible

response to the reply: this is impossible for man, but all things are possible for God

Sep 3, 2016
how do I help the unbelievers who are suffering... They don't know that God is real and... I wanna show them that he is... But how? How do I become an instrument of God and help the unbelievers? Letting them know that God is there to solve their problems
Pray for them and ask God to help them.