How do I lose my SALVATION?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
I scuba and one of the things my dive buddy says to me "the deeper the water is, the more forgiveness there is",.... when it comes to buoyancy... He is right because if we dive water that is less than 60 feet, I put in too much air.... I am right to the surface.... and without decompression a person can get the bins....
According to statistics, the known depth or the sea/ ocean is 10,994 meters/36,070 feet.

This makes me think of the GREAT SCRIPTURE:
Micah 7:19 New International Version (NIV)
19 You will again have compassion on us;
you will tread our sins underfoot
and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.

G-d's Word holds true EVERY TIME! With that great of depth I would have been dead anyway... But even yet I still have time to equalize before hitting the surface... BECAUSE THERE IS ALWAYS FORGIVENESS!!!!

So why do people think G-d wants to send saved people to Hell an long with the people that rejected Him?

This has never made sense to me...

stand2

Dec 6, 2017
Billy Graham said "There is a Heaven...........and I am going there". This statement illustrates something beyond the hope of salvation. He did not hope he was going to Heaven............he knew.
As Christians, we may stray from the path of righteousness, but the Good Shepherd will always call us back to the fold. But when we stop listening to His call, we become prey for wolves. Without Jesus, we have lost our way. Deny Him and salvation is lost, and, as "true" Christians we will know when we have lost it.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
If we leave Jesus and turn from him we loose salvation. Being of this world again.
He will blot our name out if we leavw him, if we stay we are kept
Revelation 3:5 King James Version (KJV)
5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Zaphk1

Dec 28, 2018
"So why do people think G-d wants to send saved people to Hell an long with the people that rejected Him?
How do I lose my SALVATION? "

I think there are two parts to this question:
1) I'm unsure where you got the notion of God wanting send saved people to Hell, this seems like Catholicism (i.e. purgatory) to me.
2)The phrasing of the question seems strange to me, i.e. do you want to lose your salvation? My initial thought was why would you want to lose your salvation?

I think we see God as too small if we say that we can reject him, rather the question should be - Can God lose a Christian? The Book of Hebrews discusses this in particular Heb 6 regarding those who have a limited experience of life as a Christian but then later on reject God.

"4 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age 6 and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace."

The rejection is so serious that it is equal to nailing and shaming Christ on the cross all over again. Yet the author gives this as a warning and encourages to strive with all our might to ensure that we do enter the Kingdom.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
I scuba and one of the things my dive buddy says to me "the deeper the water is, the more forgiveness there is",.... when it comes to buoyancy... He is right because if we dive water that is less than 60 feet, I put in too much air.... I am right to the surface.... and without decompression a person can get the bins....
According to statistics, the known depth or the sea/ ocean is 10,994 meters/36,070 feet.

G-d's Word holds true EVERY TIME! With that great of depth I would have been dead anyway... But even yet I still have time to equalize before hitting the surface... BECAUSE THERE IS ALWAYS FORGIVENESS!!!!

So why do people think G-d wants to send saved people to Hell an long with the people that rejected Him?

Simple. You can't. Salvation is not based upon your obedience, neither is keeping it. Have you committed your eternal life to Jesus Christ? Yes? Then He'll keep that which you have entrusted to Him.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
God doesnt force anyone to stay saved...
Theres a great falling away..U cant fall away from something without having been in it before...

Sep 6, 2014
John 6:37
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

People don't lose salvation..

People come to reject salvation..

People come to reject salvation by deciding no longer to believe Jesus and trust in the Atonement Jesus secured for their salvation..

Sep 3, 2016
“45 But and if that servant say in his heart, my lord delays his coming (regrettably, most of the modern Church falls into this category); and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens (to not properly love God is to not properly love our neighbor as ourselves), and to eat and drink, and to be drunken (proclaims Believers who have ceased to believe and have, thereby, lost their way, which will ultimately conclude in the loss of their souls; as well, this completely refutes the unscriptural doctrine of Unconditional Eternal Security);

46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looks not for Him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers (this clearly points to former Believers who have ceased to believe and will, thereby, die eternally lost [Heb. 6:4-6; 10:23-29]).” Luke 12

John 6:53 - "Except you eat the Flesh of the Son of Man, and drink His Blood (i.e., the Cross, i.e., The Finished Work), you have no life in you," (presents the demand that caused "many of His Disciples to go back, and walk no more with Him" (John 6:66). It does the same presently! This Verse tells us the degree of believing that is required; it refers to the Cross being the total Object of one's belief; failing that, there is no Life in you.)

John 6:66 - From that time many of His Disciples went back, and walk no more with Him.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
People don't lose salvation..

People come to reject salvation..

People come to reject salvation by deciding no longer to believe Jesus and trust in the Atonement Jesus secured for their salvation..
Not sure why in the world someone who is truly born of God would want to reject salvation. :eek: To decide to no longer believe in Jesus and trust in the Atonement Jesus secured for my salvation is unfathomable to me as my belief/trust/reliance in Jesus for salvation is too engrained in me and I am too convinced. Can we say the same thing about those who allegedly reject salvation? I would say there is a stage in the progress of belief in Jesus which "falls short of firmly rooted and established belief resulting in salvation."

There are genuine Christians and there are "nominal" Christians.
There are genuine believers and there are make believers.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Not sure why in the world someone who is truly born of God would want to reject salvation. :eek: To decide to no longer believe in Jesus and trust in the Atonement Jesus secured for my salvation is unfathomable to me as my belief/trust/reliance in Jesus for salvation is too engrained in me and I am too convinced. Can we say the same thing about those who allegedly reject salvation? I would say there is a stage in the progress of belief in Jesus which "falls short of firmly rooted and established belief resulting in salvation."
Well i am like you in that way.. I could not conceive of ever coming to disbelieve Jesus and rejecting the Atonement He secured to save me... But some people do fall away from the truth.. To fall away from something one must have been standing on it at one stage..

Yes there are people who get into religion and believe they are Christian but never where.. For most of my young life i was a catholic and i thought i was a Christian.. But i never in all that time received the Gospel message of the Atonement of the LORD Jesus for the forgiveness of sin.. I only read it when a work friend gave me a Bible to read and for the first time in my life i read the Bible.. Of course i then renounced the catholic religion and embraced the Gospel Way of salvation . :)

But there are people who,, for whatever reason,, come to the point of no longer believing the Gospel and no longer trusting in the Atonement of Jesus..

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
If we leave Jesus and turn from him we loose salvation. Being of this world again.
He will blot our name out if we leavw him, if we stay we are kept
Revelation 3:5 King James Version (KJV)
5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

If we leave Jesus? I am in Him and He is in me. A NEW creation. Reborn His Child. SEALED with the Holy Spirit. Like Ice tea mix dissolved in water. No longer water, and not able to be separated. Like a cucumber that has been baptized and is now a pickle. NEVER again able to be a cucumber again.

So with all that in mind, Jesus tells me He will NEVER leave nor forsake me. I may stray and find myself lost, but He tells me He will leave EVERYTHING to come and find and retrieve me. Why? BECAUSE I'M HIS!!!

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
If we leave Jesus? I am in Him and He is in me. A NEW creation. Reborn His Child. SEALED with the Holy Spirit. Like Ice tea mix dissolved in water. No longer water, and not able to be separated. Like a cucumber that has been baptized and is now a pickle. NEVER again able to be a cucumber again.

So with all that in mind, Jesus tells me He will NEVER leave nor forsake me. I may stray and find myself lost, but He tells me He will leave EVERYTHING to come and find and retrieve me. Why? BECAUSE I'M HIS!!!
Rofl:ROFL::ROFL:

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Has anyone seen my salvation? I left it at the gas station somewhere.

N

NoNameMcgee

John 5:24 - Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Romans Chapter 8

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 Corinthians 1:22 - Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

amen brother, lovely post

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I read the thread title and wondered, "Why would you want to?"

E

eternally-gratefull

If you can, Your not saved..

That would be like telling a person who is being pulled out of a burning building before they are out. You are saved, and then ten feet from the exit the building colapses and you die. Were you really saved?

Salvation is not complete until you are outsidre the building.

If there is still a possibility I can be condemned, I am still in the building and not yet saved, so to say I am saved would be a false concept or idea. It just is not true.

E

eternally-gratefull

God doesnt force anyone to stay saved...
Theres a great falling away..U cant fall away from something without having been in it before...
God does not have to force anyone to be saved, People who have true saving faith, and experience Gods true love will never want to give that up. To think they can or would have any desire to is not to understand what true saving faith is.

It also fails to realise God omiscience.. It states God saved a person he KNEW was going to walk away and give him the finger later in life.. God Can not be fooled. He knows our hearts. He is not going to save people who do not really want it..