How do I lose my SALVATION?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rightlydivided

Dec 26, 2018
Sin is sin, but knowing that under God means you are no longer under the bondage of sin.

If these men commit the same sins over and over and over and never try to stop, they are not truly saved to begin with. And that has nothing to do with the Law, that has everything to do with the fact they are under bondage.
Your no longer under bondage to the law, which is described as slavery....The Law was fulfilled...simply put, your no longer under its jurisdiction....Paul says “nothing is unlawful unto me” though some things are not expedient....This is because you create a stumbling block, for your weaker brethren, who has not come to understand this...Read Romans 14 several times, it is an amazing passage. Choosing to sin is simply a waste of time, and is not expiedient in terms of expanding the body of Christ...Christ died for sin, so as you see sin or sin yourself, you identify it as exactly whit also causes your “weaker” brethren to try to treat you as a non-believer, unknowingly.....he becomes the weaker in faith
when It comes to the law what Is GODs standard?answer=standard Is perfection.So then whether the persons sins twice a month or twice a week they both fall short of the glory of GOD.

man looks at the outward appearances so then man would say that the person that sins twice a week sins more than the person that sins twice a month.
Amen!

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Thats nonsense. Did u read what you wrote
I always re-read it before I post it. It harmonizes with the other scriptures. The church in the scriptures is called by many names. The kingdom of God, being one of them. Jesus is not coming back to earth to set up his kingdom. He has been reigning as King from the time he set it up in his days as a man here on earth. Other names that refer to the church are, The new Jerusalem, The church in the wilderness, Zion, The church of Christ, The few. The little flock, The remnant, The church of the first born, and more. If you do not understand this truth, the scriptures will not harmonize.

Ignorun

Dec 18, 2018
I brought up the pharisees as a counter to your argument, and you did not prove me wrong.

Lets use the example peter used, the Sow was cleaned, this is what is meant by escaping the pollution, made clean, but what happns to the Sow? He is a Sow, what do they do, they “wallow in the mire” because this is their nature.

If they were born again and no longer a Sow, they would have not went back to the mud to wallow in it and again become unclean.

Paul was saved because he stopped being a phariee, and repented in faith, he was changed,

Th fact is the pharisee knew the word, they had knowledge, by this knowledge they were not like the gentile.

As for being side tracked, again, soften your attitude, you will not last long with a cocky attitude. Most people will stop listening to you if you keep that up
Your true colors show through. Not trying to PROVE YOU WRONG. Trying to get you to stay with the text and nothing more.
The Christians, believers that Peter wrote had escaped. Then they went back. They were free, but returned. It's not complicated. They also were given and possessed all things that pertain to life and godliness. Chapter 1.3. They had escaped corruption but then denied the ONE who bought them. Their returning to corruption is likened unto a dog going back to vomit.
You've introduced all sorts of ideas, philosophies, psychological babble, and a host of other things that actually you've turned a most simple, clear passage into something it was not meant to teach. Just read it. Doesn't say a word about the nature of sows and dogs. Not a word. "Oh, Peter's talking about their nature." No, he's showing what they do and paralleling it with those Christians, believers, who go back to living in sin. Don't introduce what isn't in the text. Just read it. It's when we put in the text what is not there that we begin to get confused. Other passages must likewise be twisted. Again, chapter 1.1-3 shows us what those people had, life and godliness, they had escaped! We also read of believers denying the Lord, though they had knowledge.
Reminds me of so many convoluted doctrines. How does it happen? It begins with a thought, then any verse that contradicts the thought gets butchered. "Oh, Mary was virgin all her life." Really! She had other sons. Brothers of Jesus.
"The account of Jonah never happened because Jonah could not have survived in the belly of the fish, and especially not for 3 days."
That's the basis of the denial. Even though the fish had been created by God - with whom all things are possible-the same God in book of Jonah is the same God in Genesis 1.1!
Another example. The argument of some of the Pharisees concerning Jesus was in several instances that Jesus can't be from God because Jesus broke the sabbath when He performed miracles. I'm afraid that's how people treat the bible. The clear teaching is there, but for various reasons that clarity is made obscure.

Sketch

Nov 1, 2018
Your last point, can you explain. A young person attending a secular college. Why college?
What about a young person exposed to all the world through all the trash on tv? Or secular 'music'They dont have to afford to go to a secular college to be at risk... there have been suicides by young people who never even attended a college... and I do know of one suicide by an older person who attended a bible college.

Plus when I attended a secular college there were christians there who were evangelising as well. What about public primary (elementary) schools. Or godless high schools.

Woulndnt the youngest ones be the most at risk...because of paedophilia. There have been cases where principals have been sex offenders...and even in certain churches and youth groups. And even within families...probably more so, as thats when offences happen the most, not when people go away, but in their own families. And they cannot report it, because its their own family. It could be their own parent, step parent, uncle or even brother.
All of that is true as well.
But the colleges are institutions that claim to be secular but are actually seminaries for the religion of secular thought.
You have to give their answers to pass the classes.

Rightlydivided

Dec 26, 2018
Sin is sin, but knowing that under God means you are no longer under the bondage of sin.

If these men commit the same sins over and over and over and never try to stop, they are not truly saved to begin with. And that has nothing to do with the Law, that has everything to do with the fact they are under bondage.
Here is the truth, Christ fulfilled the Law, you are no longer under its bondage....what does that mean? It means that you are no longer under its jurisdiction
Hypothetical, if you could lose your salvation, it would first involve losing so much more. Sin Rob's of peace and joy, it Rob's us of the wonderful intimacy with God, it makes us unfruitful, hurts our testimony, causes others to stumble, hurts our loved ones, etc

Those things in themselves should be enough to make us vigilant and dilligent without worrying about losing salvation. If they are not motivation enough, we need to check our hearts

So I really don't think about this question much anymore. I want to go as high as possible, not stay as low as I can fand still get in
Understanding the true Grace of God, allows you to understand that like Yeshua, that you are fulfilling the Law, not breaking it.

True Grace is understanding where you stand with God. This awareness makes you free, not under bondage. But being free only means you choose to live righteously, not to believe you have a license to sin.
Respectfully, speaking to the core of your statement, your faith, really does not include freedom at all does it? In other words, you have put yourself, your family, and your brethren, right back under the Law. In this view, why did Jesus need to suffer and die for you?Jesus gave his life, to completely obliterate sin, crush the head of the serpent, and do one long victory lap until he returns...anything less, would leave the death, burial, and ressurection in vain.

If you gave up your son or daughter, to fulfill the law, and cover the sin of the world, only to look down and see that your suffering, upon losing your child, and the suffering of your child itself, was substituted for a doctrine, that didn’t recognize the sacrifice, in fullness! you would not be very happy!! You would be angry, you would feel short changed, you would want your son or daughter back, because no one really accepted it.....

They just kept judging each other, for the very sin he died for , condemning each other, for the very thing he suffered for....Maybe some of us, could have whispered in the ear of Jesus, while he was getting his stripes!! and said “THANK YOU” but we would like to hold onto sin, especially for JUDGEMENT!!are you SURE!! you want to do this!!??

You know it is not unlike cancer, no one is really motivated to find a cure, until it is your “own” son or daughter that has it.

O

obedienttogod

Here is the truth, Christ fulfilled the Law, you are no longer under its bondage....what does that mean? It means that you are no longer under its jurisdiction

Respectfully, speaking to the core of your statement, your faith, really does not include freedom at all does it? In other words, you have put yourself, your family, and your brethren, right back under the Law. In this view, why did Jesus need to suffer and die for you?Jesus gave his life, to completely obliterate sin, crush the head of the serpent, and do one long victory lap until he returns...anything less, would leave the death, burial, and ressurection in vain.

If you gave up your son or daughter, to fulfill the law, and cover the sin of the world, only to look down and see that your suffering, upon losing your child, and the suffering of your child itself, was substituted for a doctrine, that didn’t recognize the sacrifice, in fullness! you would not be very happy!! You would be angry, you would feel short changed, you would want your son or daughter back, because no one really accepted it.....

They just kept judging each other, for the very sin he died for , condemning each other, for the very thing he suffered for....Maybe some of us, could have whispered in the ear of Jesus, while he was getting his stripes!! and said “THANK YOU” but we would like to hold onto sin, especially for JUDGEMENT!!are you SURE!! you want to do this!!??

You know it is not unlike cancer, no one is really motivated to find a cure, until it is your “own” son or daughter that has it.

Your original question to me was a trap, as I had perceived. You kept the scenario to just 2 men committing sin and then asked me to label them. I gave you milk in return because I understood you were setting me up. With that being said, and now reading what you thought I had revealed to you, tells me you need to remove the blinders. You are a shadow that gets even darker in the night. The only light that shines from your example of Christ, is the spark from your lighter flickering because you cannot see what is in front of you!

S

selfdissolving

God doesnt force anyone to stay saved...
Theres a great falling away..U cant fall away from something without having been in it before...
Better open up that bible and read it hun
John 10:25-30
25 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[c]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

If nobody can snatch a Christian from God's hand, you can't snatch yourself either. If lack of obedience nullifies the atonement, then we are all screwed. If the atonement was perfect, then we are all okay. Jesus Christ rose from the dead.

Dec 9, 2011
Some elect children of God choose to leave the church, which is "the kingdom of God", but they never lose their eternal deliverance.
the bible says that every man that has this hope In him will seek to purify himself even as he Is pure so then how will he walk away,wouldn't the WORD of GOD stand as correct?

E

eternally-gratefull

Your true colors show through. Not trying to PROVE YOU WRONG. Trying to get you to stay with the text and nothing more.
No your trying to get me to see your interpretation

You have failed, and you will not see mine, so we will have to agree to disagree

My god keeps his promises, you will not convince me otherwise

Dec 27, 2018

I don't know how you got that out of my post...living to the Glory of God by the grace of GodI Isbeing under the Law?

ar

Pardon me, but loving God and neighbor gives tremendous freedom!

The whole Law is fulfilled in one word...love. The only law I'm under is the law of love, and I have a long way to go in that. But my salvation is in Jesus' hand...where my life is

Grace is not earned by love. (Our)Love is given because of (Gods)Grace

sbcAdam1

Nov 11, 2018
You Cannot Lose Your Salvation! Once you truly believe in Christ as your Savior you are His forevermore. If someone says they were saved and then lost it they are deceived. They were never a child of God to begin with. The bible is very clear on this matter. If someone can gain and lose their salvation repeatedly then salvation is based upon that persons actions or thoughts. If that were true(it isn't), then we don't need Jesus to die for us. It is a works-based salvation. Once you are saved you are saved forever. Period.

Dec 27, 2018
I don't know how you got that out of my post...living to the Glory of God by the grace of GodI Isbeing under the Law?

ar

Pardon me, but loving God and neighbor gives tremendous freedom!

The whole Law is fulfilled in one word...love. The only law I'm under is the law of love, and I have a long way to go in that. But my salvation is in Jesus' hand...where my life is

Grace is not earned by love. (Our)Love is given because of (Gods)Grace
We are not under the Law, true

We are not saved by lawkeeping, true

We are dead to the letter and condemnation of the Law

But all the Law is fulfilled in one word, love

He who loves God and neighbor needs no the code, save the law of love, of the Spirit

sin is failing to love. Eithe God or neighbor

Christ died to condemn sin in the flesh, so that the righteousness of the Law might be fulfilled in us

so we are not saved by keeping the Law, but we are saved with one of the purposes being that the righteousness and Spirit of the law, love, might be fulfilled in us

we are saved freely and by grace alone, and the fruit of that salvation is a loveg against which there is no law

we are saved by love to love

Ignorun

Dec 18, 2018
No your trying to get me to see your interpretation

You have failed, and you will not see mine, so we will have to agree to disagree

My god keeps his promises, you will not convince me otherwise[/QUOTE
Your god is just that...your god. My God is above all gods! Creator of heaven and earth. He Cannot lie. You can have your god.

carl11

Oct 20, 2017
It wouldnt make Jesus a liar. No one can take you from him but yourself and God doesnt reject people anymore. Cherry picking bible verses without looking at the full picture and ALL verses (including BOTH sides) will only lead to debate and one sided opinions.
Jesus is clear that u can loose your salvation but if you choose him and choose to remain in him you are safe. If you along the way want to leave, you are not forced to stay in the kingdom of light.
But the consequences aint good
Unfortunately those who hold fast to the idea that one can lose their salvation are usually the ones that do not understand how salvation works and who actually does the saving.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
As people only twist my words ill leave. Im tired of it. Bye

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
All of that is true as well.
But the colleges are institutions that claim to be secular but are actually seminaries for the religion of secular thought.
You have to give their answers to pass the classes.
Ah ok, like humanism?
I remember one time I was in a literature class, and there was a reference to the bible in one of the texts we were studying, and the professor asked where it was from, and nobody seemed to know, and. Think that was the only time I raised my voice in class and said it was from the Bible. And I think the room went a bit quiet then, it was a bit strange.
I think in some cases, the professors cant openly evangelise or afraid to speak about their faith, as they might lose their jobs. I dont think all secular colleges employ athiests, but I do suppose many teach in a godless way. And I supoose if you were a professor and had faith, you might choose to teach at a christian school instead of a secular one of course.
I think it does depend a lot on the principal or directors of the school what values the school has.

The whole diploma, bachelor, master, doctor/phd system of degrees is not based on anything biblical. But I notice that even christian colleges embrace this. Which is weird because Jesus said be not many masters, dont call anyone your master. I mean Jesus, people called him rabbi and teacher. But he didnt get a degree in divinity or theology or anything like that, and his disciples were not learned men, except for the apostle Paul. But even he had to unlearn every religious education he had received and be taught by God.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
Hebrews is a big letter. Losing our salvation is in respects to grieving the prodding of the Holy Spirit. Christ through the Holy Spirit dwells in our hearts.
In Ephesians 4:30, Paul said - And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed unto/for the day of redemption. Nothing there about losing salvation.
Sealed also simply means marked. That does not necessarily mean sealed in a sense that you can not be lost. If one is saved they received the Holy Spirit for preservation and security. We always have a choice whether or not we will heed to the Spirit. There is a warning in the next chapter of the same letter in regards to what happens to those who do not take heed to the Spirit in which they have received for their preservation and security.
But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
(Eph 5:3-6 KJV)
If we do not heed to the Spirit we have NO INHERITANCE IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND HIS CHRIST. But should expect the wrath of GOD due to our disobedience. Having not the Spirit of GOD any more So....Quench not the Spirit.
(1Th 5:19 KJV)

In regards to Hebrews 10:26, To "sin willfully" in the Greek carries the idea of deliberate intention that is habitual, which stems from rejecting Christ deliberately. This is CONTINUOUS ACTION - A MATTER OF PRACTICE. Now we don't walk along our daily life and "accidentally" fall into a pit called sin. We exercise our will but, the use of the participle clearly shows a CONTINUOUS ACTION. The unrighteous practice sin (1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-21); not the righteous, who are born of God (1 Corinthians 6:11; 1 John 3:9).
A little leavens the whole. How much sinning constitutes practicing; continuous action?

The reference to "the blood of the covenant that sanctified him" in verse 29 "on the surface" appears to be referring to a Christian, but this overlooks the fact that the word translated "sanctified" (which is the verb form of the adjective "holy") which means "set apart," and doesn't necessarily refer to salvation.
In context to the passage it does.
For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
(Heb 10:14 KJV)

In verse 39, the writer of Hebrews sets up the CONTRAST that makes it clear to me that he was referring to unbelievers, not saved people: But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul. Those who draw back to perdition do not believe to the saving of the soul and those who believe to the saving of the soul do not draw back to perdition.

"Not of those who draw back to perdition (destruction)" One can not draw back to destruction unless one was delivered from it.

E

eternally-gratefull

Your god is just that...your god. My God is above all gods! Creator of heaven and earth. He Cannot lie. You can have your god.
I rest my case,

Either way, no your God does not. If he did you would never think what he promised to complete. He could fail.

Good day sir!