How do preachers or teachers explain this?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I didn't even mention what pastors and teachers call themselves, but what God has given to His churches. Incidentally, I am not a Roman Catholic, and see no excuse for calling pastors "Father" or Reverend.

If you’re not Roman Catholic, what denomination or group do you belong to? Do you see anything that is inconsistent between your beliefs and those of Roman Catholics?
I will reply to this tomorrow. Sorry, but I don't have time now.
 
Here are the characteristics of those chosen by the Lord God according to Ephesians 4:11:

  1. They do not call themselves Pastor, Teacher, Father, Reverend, or by any of those titles.
  2. They have their own professions to earn a living and do not ask people for money.
  3. They are not full-time preachers. Instead, they simply share the truth of God’s Word with the people they encounter whenever they have the opportunity.
  4. They did not build churches, cathedrals, or chapels.
  5. They did not study in Bible schools or seminaries. Rather, they humbled themselves before the Lord, and because of this, they were blessed with wisdom that comes from God.
  6. They did not volunteer to preach the Word of God.
These are the true gifts of the Lord God to humanity, according to Ephesians 4:11.
If you cannot find these characteristics in those whom you claim are chosen by God, then they are not gifts from God.
These qualities of the disciples of the Lord Jesus were followed based on the example set by the Lord Jesus in His role as the Son of the living God.
1 PETER 2:21
21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

If even just one of these qualities is not followed by someone, then he is not chosen by God but merely appointed by men, which is not accepted by God.
 
These qualities of the disciples of the Lord Jesus were followed based on the example set by the Lord Jesus in His role as the Son of the living God.
1 PETER 2:21
21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

If even just one of these qualities is not followed by someone, then he is not chosen by God but merely appointed by men, which is not accepted by God.
Again you have made something up that doesn't exist in Scripture. You really should stop doing that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DavidLamb
I didn't even mention what pastors and teachers call themselves, but what God has given to His churches. Incidentally, I am not a Roman Catholic, and see no excuse for calling pastors "Father" or Reverend.

If you’re not Roman Catholic, what denomination or group do you belong to? Do you see anything that is inconsistent between your beliefs and those of Roman Catholics?
Apologies again for not being able to reply immediately.

I am a Baptist. Yes, I do see plenty of things where Roman Catholicism differs from what I believe, with what I find in God's word. I'll just mention a few here: Roman Catholics believe that baptism actually saves a sinner. I believe that baptism is for believers. Roman Catholics believe that the Lord's Supper ("Mass" as they call it) repeats the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross, with the bread and wine actually becoming His body and blood. I believe that we do it in remembrance of Him, and to look forward to His Second Coming. Roman Catholics believe that the pope is infallible, and is Peter's successor. I don't.

There are many other things Roman Catholics believe and do which are different to what I believe and do, including praying to "saints", saying that Mary was born sinless, believing in not just heaven and hell, but a third place called purgatory, and much more.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Fillan and Dino246
Apologies again for not being able to reply immediately.

I am a Baptist. Yes, I do see plenty of things where Roman Catholicism differs from what I believe, with what I find in God's word. I'll just mention a few here: Roman Catholics believe that baptism actually saves a sinner. I believe that baptism is for believers. Roman Catholics believe that the Lord's Supper ("Mass" as they call it) repeats the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross, with the bread and wine actually becoming His body and blood. I believe that we do it in remembrance of Him, and to look forward to His Second Coming. Roman Catholics believe that the pope is infallible, and is Peter's successor. I don't.

There are many other things Roman Catholics believe and do which are different to what I believe and do, including praying to "saints", saying that Mary was born sinless, believing in not just heaven and hell, but a third place called purgatory, and much more.
Am I correct in saying that Baptists also have preachers or teachers?
 
May I ask how?

And are your preachers the ones who fulfill what is stated in Ephesians 4:11?
Yes, and passages such as this:

1Ti 3:2 Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,
1Ti 3:3 not a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money.
1Ti 3:4 He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive,
1Ti 3:5 for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God's church?
1Ti 3:6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become puffed up with conceit and fall into the condemnation of the devil.
1Ti 3:7 Moreover, he must be well thought of by outsiders, so that he may not fall into disgrace, into a snare of the devil.
 
Yes, and passages such as this:

1Ti 3:2 Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,
1Ti 3:3 not a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money.
1Ti 3:4 He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive,
1Ti 3:5 for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God's church?
1Ti 3:6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become puffed up with conceit and fall into the condemnation of the devil.
1Ti 3:7 Moreover, he must be well thought of by outsiders, so that he may not fall into disgrace, into a snare of the devil.
Do you believe there is a distinction between physical life and spiritual life?
In physical life, when it comes to academic knowledge and wisdom, do we need to use our own abilities and reasoning in order to learn and become knowledgeable?

And in spiritual life, is it only God who gives us understanding and wisdom to recognize and understand the truth in His Word?
PROVERBS 2:6
6 For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
 
Do you believe there is a distinction between physical life and spiritual life?
In physical life, when it comes to academic knowledge and wisdom, do we need to use our own abilities and reasoning in order to learn and become knowledgeable?

And in spiritual life, is it only God who gives us understanding and wisdom to recognize and understand the truth in His Word?
PROVERBS 2:6
6 For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
I agree that spiritual life and spiritual wisdom comes from God.
 
I agree that spiritual life and spiritual wisdom comes from God.
In other words, regarding spiritual matters, only those whom God grants understanding can truly understand the truth in His Word Proverbs 2:6.

And if God does not grant someone understanding, then, no matter how much they study the Word of God, the truth will not be revealed to them?
Do you also believe in what God has revealed about this?
2 TIMOTHY 3:7
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
 
In other words, regarding spiritual matters, only those whom God grants understanding can truly understand the truth in His Word Proverbs 2:6.

And if God does not grant someone understanding, then, no matter how much they study the Word of God, the truth will not be revealed to them?
Do you also believe in what God has revealed about this?
2 TIMOTHY 3:7
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Yes, of course I agree with that. It is in God's word. But in 2 Timothy 3, Paul isn't writing about pastors and teachers:

NKJV 2Ti 3:1 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:
2Ti 3:2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good,
2Ti 3:4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
2Ti 3:5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!
2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts,
2Ti 3:7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dino246
Yes, of course I agree with that. It is in God's word. But in 2 Timothy 3, Paul isn't writing about pastors and teachers:

NKJV 2Ti 3:1 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:
2Ti 3:2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good,
2Ti 3:4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
2Ti 3:5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!
2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts,
2Ti 3:7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
So, do you also believe that anyone who has received an understanding of the truth through the Word of God has received a miracle from God? Because it comes from God.
 
You obviously don't see the inherent (and fatal) problems with your assertions.

Firstly, YOU AREN'T JESUS. The statements made about Jesus and His detractors are not relevant between you and anyone else here.

Secondly, even if you do know God (and that is debatable), YOU AREN'T THE ONLY ONE HERE WHO DOES.

Thirdly, YOU DO HONOUR YOURSELF... constantly.

Finally, by your logic, we can rightly say EXACTLY the same thing about you that you do about us: that YOU ARE A LIAR.


So, are you going to follow Jesus' instruction and "shake the dust off as you leave" this forum, or are you going to remain here and continue being an insufferable donkey who spews error and arrogance?

Given your history, I expect the latter. I'll happily continue to refute your ignorance and errors with Scripture and sound interpretation thereof. At least anyone who does stop in your threads will quickly learn to bypass your wacky ideas.
intellectual knowledge (knowing about God through history and text) and relational intimacy (knowing God personally through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit).
In Christian theology, what you are describing is often called spiritual blindness or religiosity, where Scripture becomes a crutch rather than a gateway to a relationship To The Living Lord asked for evidence all the time the only evidence is the Holy Spirit and Men won't like what he says
 
Yes I do, because that requires new life, which only God can give.
Do you also believe that even if a person has a low IQ, if God grants them understanding or gives them a miracle, they can become wise enough to understand the truth in His Word?
 
Yes. Understanding God's word doesn't depend on having a high IQ.
You mentioned that you are a Baptist, and that your understanding of the Lord Jesus is based on the Trinitarian doctrine. I want you to know that I was also a Catholic before. And as Catholics, our understanding of the Lord Jesus was also based on the Trinitarian doctrine that you believe in.
 
You mentioned that you are a Baptist, and that your understanding of the Lord Jesus is based on the Trinitarian doctrine. I want you to know that I was also a Catholic before. And as Catholics, our understanding of the Lord Jesus was also based on the Trinitarian doctrine that you believe in.
Yes, not everything that Roman Catholics believe is wrong.