How do Singles respond to, "You have no life", etc.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Are you a single? Have you been told, even by fellow Christians, that you have no life, that you need to get a life, etc.? How do you respond to such comments?
Never in 46 years been told this... for being single. In fact most of the things singles claim others do or say to them I've never experienced. Nor to anyone I've known.
Really no one ever even brings up that I'm single unless they've heard I was dating someone.
Although I imagine it's not something they'd want to bring up again if they did so. If someone became pushy or critical of my being single they'd be quickly cut off.

christian74

Oct 1, 2013
Are you a single? Have you been told, even by fellow Christians, that you have no life, that you need to get a life, etc.? How do you respond to such comments?
How do you respond to such comment?
It's simple - you don't respond.

You are full of life (so they are dead wrong) and even if you think you have no life, don't give your time of the day to such negativity.
And last, it's time to cut that fellow Christians out of your life if they are around.

TheNarrowPath

Jul 17, 2022
I just do what my kid does. "Okay" and then walk away and get on with my life.

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
I have really never been told this being single. I have however been told I really needed to get out more when I was married. My ex was a home body. Once a month I do something a little different even if it is just going fishing.

Jan 27, 2015
I am single and so far, I haven't been told that I have no life. (Knock on wood!) But if someone did make such a comment, I don't know that I would necessarily respond. I'm not obligated to care what they think, and I like the life I'm living. As long as you're living a life you like, well...you've got one :p