How do we explain these pro slavery verses in scripture?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Off123123123

Apr 3, 2006
USA
Lying on your profile tells everyone else something of your character, which makes motives suspect, among other things.
But back to topic, do you realize that the verses you have cited are part of the old covenant? Do you understand the implications for us today?
Again why deflecting? I’m going to put you on ignore too skippy since you appear to just wanna deflect.

Scroll Thee Fastly On, folks if you don’t like the topic of this Post.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Again why deflecting? I’m going to put you on ignore too skippy since you appear to just wanna deflect.

Scroll Thee Fastly On, folks if you don’t like the topic of this Post.
I love the topic and asked you questions about it. Apparently, you are deflecting.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
Don't be frustrated with a heathen. Heathens do what heathens do.
He's wrong in his claims because he can only use reason, and the world through reason will never know or understand God. His purpose is wicked, but this should arouse in us a sense of compassion. Pray for him.
It is a little concerning, though, that so few Christians can discern such motives or give an answer for the hope that is within them.

I have an answer for all the questions. I have studied apologetics and like to discuss it. I would have done so had OFF not been caught in lies. OFF thinks that no Christian has ever heard these arguments before and have no answer for them. Well I have young unsaved people in my family. These list of atheist questions and accusations have been going around since before there was internet. So I do have an answer. And I even told the OP KINDLY I would answer. But when I sensed they were lying, no, that stops everything. I checked their status and as I was reading the posts you wouldn't have to be too bright to figure out they were lying. Pity. It could have opened a good discussion. I may return with answers once OFF is gone. But his accusations are old and worn out and been answered many times. They apparently don't know that.

Off123123123

Apr 3, 2006
USA
Listen up Skippys. There are a few real options regarding how to interact with this thread.

1. Answer the topic at hand.
2. Don’t answer the topic at hand.
3. Don’t answer and Scroll Thee Fastly On if this topic makes you to any extent have an unpleasant feeling/emotion.

Skippys, it’s not that hard. No one is forcing you to engage these questions. There are a buzzllion other threads to read. Just scroll thee fastly on if you don’t like this topic.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Listen up Skippys. There are a few real options regarding how to interact with this thread.

3. Don’t answer and Scroll Thee Fastly On if this topic makes you to any extent have an unpleasant feeling/emotion.

Skippys, it’s not that hard. No one is forcing you to engage these questions. There are a buzzllion other threads to read. Just scroll thee fastly on if you don’t like this topic.
More deflecting.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023

There is a fourth, report a troll. Done.

Off123123123

Apr 3, 2006
USA
Any answers the ignored skippy/skippys will give as answers to these questions don’t work. I’ve heard them all. He’ll either appeal to time and cultural distance, which works against him saying the bible is for us today. Or he’ll yell context context context, and in reality context doesn’t wipe away any of the below.

Ex 21:7-8 7 “When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do. 8 If she does not please her master, who has designated her for himself, then he shall let her be redeemed. He shall have no right to sell her to a foreign people, since he has broken faith with her.

Ex 21:4 4 If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out alone.

Lev 22:11 11 but if a priest buys a slave as his property for money, the slave may eat of it, and anyone born in his house may eat of his food.

Lev 25:44-46 44 As for your male and female slaves whom you may have: you may buy male and female slaves from among the nations that are around you. 45 You may also buy from among the strangers who sojourn with you and their clans that are with you, who have been born in your land, and they may be your property. 46 You may bequeath them to your sons after you to inherit as a possession forever. You may make slaves of them, but over your brothers the people of Israel you shall not rule, one over another ruthlessly.

Deut 20:12-14 12 But if it makes no peace with you, but makes war against you, then you shall besiege it. 13 And when the Lord your God gives it into your hand, you shall put all its males to the sword, 14 but the women and the little ones, the livestock, and everything else in the city, all its spoil, you shall take as plunder for yourselves. And you shall enjoy the spoil of your enemies, which the Lord your God has given you.

Deut 21:10-14 10 “When you go out to war against your enemies, and the Lord your God gives them into your hand and you take them captive, 11 and you see among the captives a beautiful woman, and you desire to take her to be your wife, 12 and you bring her home to your house, she shall shave her head and pare her nails

Numbers 31:18 18 But all the young girls who have not known man by lying with him keep alive for yourselves.

Num 31:32-35 32 Now the plunder remaining of the spoil that the army took was 675,000 sheep, 33 72,000 cattle, 34 61,000 donkeys, 35 and 32,000 persons in all, women who had not known man by lying with him.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I will probably reopen this thread once people have a few minutes to let their tempers calm.

Status
Not open for further replies.