How do you connect with God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
How do you connect with God in a deep and personal way?

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Isaiah 66:1-2KJV
1 Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

Jul 20, 2019
by prayer and talking to him one on one. And of course declaring that his son is your lord and saviour

Sep 3, 2016
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship Him. John 4:23

(means that by the word "seeketh" such are not easily found - this tells us that there is much worship, but with most, it is false. The Story of the Bible is the Story of Jesus Christ and Him Crucified. We must understand that all things pertaining to God are made possible by the Cross, and only by the Cross. If one doesn't understand the Cross of Christ relative, not only to Salvation but, as well, to Sanctification, in other words, how we live for God on a daily basis, such a person cannot truly and actually worship God, at least as they should.)

L

Locoponydirtman

We connect with God through Jesus, his blood spilled and body sacrificed. Through the washing of the word, and through prayer in faith.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
We connect with God through Jesus, his blood spilled and body sacrificed. Through the washing of the word, and through prayer in faith.
What does washing of the word mean?

Sep 3, 2016
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship Him. John 4:23

(means that by the word "seeketh" such are not easily found - this tells us that there is much worship, but with most, it is false. The Story of the Bible is the Story of Jesus Christ and Him Crucified. We must understand that all things pertaining to God are made possible by the Cross, and only by the Cross. If one doesn't understand the Cross of Christ relative, not only to Salvation but, as well, to Sanctification, in other words, how we live for God on a daily basis, such a person cannot truly and actually worship God, at least as they should.)
The only way to God is through Jesus Christ (John 14:6)...the only way to Jesus Christ is by the Means of the Cross (Luke 14:27). The only way to the Cross is a denial of self (Luke 9:23). If any person tries to come any other way, Jesus says, "they are a thief and a robber" (John 10:1).

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
I could post verses but you asked how do I. I always confess my sins and what I don't remember what I did to not hold to my charge. To know He always hears me.. to know He will always answer what ever I ask.. as long as its based on in line with His word. If sad.. or don't want to.. praise Him.. thank Him for everything. To always in every moment everything ask Him.. and pray about everything. I try to make sure everything I do think says is filtered through Him first. Again to ALWAYS be praying... if you agree or disagree with next part its ok :) I try to always be praying in the spirit (tongues). Christ said in Luke to ask the Father for the holy Spirit. So no matter what MAN told/tells me I asked the Father and He gave it as its written.

Just_Jo

May 29, 2020
By prayer through the study of His word we learn how awesome is our God.
Faith is the conduit between His nature and ours.

tantalon

Oct 11, 2019
There is a protocol in approaching the throne of God: " Psalm 100: 4. "Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him and praise his name". Also consider Psalm 5:3 and 40: 12. We may as children of God come boldly, (confidently) to the throne of God, and be in the position of looking UP, and not in the position of a repentant sinner. But if we hold unforgiveness, etc. in our hearts, those things must be dealt with FIRST before petitions, as psalm 40: 12 alludes to.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
What does washing of the word mean?
Regeneration. Being born again .
Titus 3.5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Through prayer, meditation in the word of God and the Holy Spirit. God reveals Himself in daily provision and answer to prayer.

Your kitty looks very much like the one we have here at home.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Great question, @CherieR!

Don't wait until you think you're all nice and clean......just go on in with the Blood of Jesus and with a sincere and seeking heart.......full of love and full of faith, seeking His Heart and being open......all focus on Him......instrumental music or worship music is nice to play......

I really love Psalm 23.....and 91.....If a scripture comes into my heart, I'll start talking to Him and make the scripture personal.....like......"Oh Lord, thank You for being my Shepherd, You're the only Good Shepherd....there is no other but You.......thank You for the peace of Your green pastures.....feed me Your Word....and give me peace........I desire to know You more and see what You see....hear what You hear....know what You know.......help me to understand.....lead me to Your still waters and give me drink from Your River that's full of life and brings healing to everything it touches......"

Anyways, just keep going......pressing in to Him...drawing close to Him with our heart open and seeking......our hearts focused on Him in adoration absolutely captures His attention and His Presence comes nigh.......so refreshing and life giving and joy comes and love and all the things that were problems just don't seem so bad anymore.....lol! :giggle::love:

He's so wonderful.....just open your heart - He stands at the door of our heart and knocks, all we got to do is open our hearts and He'll come in and sup with us.......:love: