How do you get in touch with God?

  • Thread starter Thread starter samk
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

samk

Guest
Hello, I have been a christian for over 10 years now and never been able to get in touch with God. It's just terrible. I hear all this talk about having a "relationship" with God. What kind of relationship? All I know as a christian is basically:

1)-reading the bible and trying to understand it, which I'm not good at and I usually end up totally frustrated cause I only get questions and can't decide how to interpret a verse or come up with own conclusions and answers to questions like "Does God still heal" or "Does God want to heal"? I am basically always torn between different opinions and cannot decide who is right.

2)-talking to God about my worries and problems (but this also quickly leads to me becoming despaired cause I have many problems and this is also why I wish God would just talk to me or give me some kind of sign which shows me that He's there) In all those years I have basically never been able to get any feedback or sign from God showing me that He's there. I totally suffer from this. And the more despaired my personal situation becomes the more I needed to be able to get in touch with God. I really don't know what to do anymore. I don't even know what to say to God anymore.

How is that a relationship?

My problems are so overwhelming that I am out of words. Even when I try to sit down and "spend time with God" I just dont know what to do or say! I sit there and only become more despaired and think WHY doesn't God do something? Why doesn't He talk to to me or simply give me some kind of sign to help me with my hopelessness? I have tried a lot over the years. I have travelled to ministers for prayer and they prayed and nothing happened and then I went home and was alone again with my questions and my disappointment. I simply don't understand it. Why are there people who get saved and speak in tongues and who are being healed by God and for them everything's good and then there are people like me for whom simply nothing works? I also tried to get healed years ago and it didn't work. For me simply nothing ever worked even though I so wanted to experience God. I thought if I could only be touched by God then everything would be good. But I was never able to. I was given advice like "You have to understand God's love" or "you need a revelation of His love". Great, but how does this help me?

I don't know HOW to get such a revelation! I don't really know how God is. When I read something scary in the NT then I become scared of God. Or when I sin I feel miserable and think that I suck as a christian. I feel guilty most of the time. I don't know what to do anymore. I have listened to so many mp3s about all kinds of topics like hearing God and none of this stuff really helped me. Usually it always comes down to the person needing to have faith and not being allowed to doubt and this is exactly my issue. I struggle with doubts. The more I am told that I need faith and must not doubt the more insecure I become. Nobody understood these issues. I was given advice like I need to read more and proclaim more to build up my faith but this doesn't work. It doesn't help with the doubts at all. The doubts are totally crippling my faith. I dont even know if I still have faith or not. How can I tell if I have faith or not when I feel absolutely nothing and when my mind is empty or confused? These are issues which normal people don't understand. None of the advice help me, like for example "Just tell God all your concerns". I already DID that! How does this help me when I'm despaired and feel like losing my mind cause of all my sorrows?!?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry you're feeling so out of touch. First, let me ask, do you regularly attend a church? And are you regularly praising and worshiping God? It sounds to me as if you're in the relationship just for yourself -- sorry if that sounds harsh, but all I'm hearing is "I" "me" and "my."

To build a relationship with God, try to first of all praise Him. He is worthy of all praise despite our personal situation or shortcomings. Start there. Study the Word (Bible) with mature Christians. It sounds like you need guidance that you can only get in a personal discipleship relationship. And you need to be regularly meeting with other Christians for study, prayer and corporate worship.

That's my advice. I'll be praying for you.
 
Hello, I have been a christian for over 10 years now and never been able to get in touch with God. It's just terrible. I hear all this talk about having a "relationship" with God. What kind of relationship? All I know as a christian is basically:

1)-reading the bible and trying to understand it, which I'm not good at and I usually end up totally frustrated cause I only get questions and can't decide how to interpret a verse or come up with own conclusions and answers to questions like "Does God still heal" or "Does God want to heal"? I am basically always torn between different opinions and cannot decide who is right.

2)-talking to God about my worries and problems (but this also quickly leads to me becoming despaired cause I have many problems and this is also why I wish God would just talk to me or give me some kind of sign which shows me that He's there) In all those years I have basically never been able to get any feedback or sign from God showing me that He's there. I totally suffer from this. And the more despaired my personal situation becomes the more I needed to be able to get in touch with God. I really don't know what to do anymore. I don't even know what to say to God anymore.

How is that a relationship?

My problems are so overwhelming that I am out of words. Even when I try to sit down and "spend time with God" I just dont know what to do or say! I sit there and only become more despaired and think WHY doesn't God do something? Why doesn't He talk to to me or simply give me some kind of sign to help me with my hopelessness? I have tried a lot over the years. I have travelled to ministers for prayer and they prayed and nothing happened and then I went home and was alone again with my questions and my disappointment. I simply don't understand it. Why are there people who get saved and speak in tongues and who are being healed by God and for them everything's good and then there are people like me for whom simply nothing works? I also tried to get healed years ago and it didn't work. For me simply nothing ever worked even though I so wanted to experience God. I thought if I could only be touched by God then everything would be good. But I was never able to. I was given advice like "You have to understand God's love" or "you need a revelation of His love". Great, but how does this help me?

I don't know HOW to get such a revelation! I don't really know how God is. When I read something scary in the NT then I become scared of God. Or when I sin I feel miserable and think that I suck as a christian. I feel guilty most of the time. I don't know what to do anymore. I have listened to so many mp3s about all kinds of topics like hearing God and none of this stuff really helped me. Usually it always comes down to the person needing to have faith and not being allowed to doubt and this is exactly my issue. I struggle with doubts. The more I am told that I need faith and must not doubt the more insecure I become. Nobody understood these issues. I was given advice like I need to read more and proclaim more to build up my faith but this doesn't work. It doesn't help with the doubts at all. The doubts are totally crippling my faith. I dont even know if I still have faith or not. How can I tell if I have faith or not when I feel absolutely nothing and when my mind is empty or confused? These are issues which normal people don't understand. None of the advice help me, like for example "Just tell God all your concerns". I already DID that! How does this help me when I'm despaired and feel like losing my mind cause of all my sorrows?!?

God does not upbraid (James) and will give biblical wisdom to all who seek it. You must be born of the Spirit in order to have the ability to understand the word of God and let me tell you after spending the last 25 years in intensive study that every time I open the Word I learn something new and have even had to change my mind a few times on particular topics as with a greater understanding comes an even greater understanding. Line upon line, precept upon precept a little here a little there is the way the word of God comes to us when we study.

If you are genuinely born again and...
are not living a lifestyle of sin while....
praying and confessing your sin and...
honestly seeking truth, God will let you understand.

Start with Matthew thru John first and go no where else in the scriptures until you begin to realize that you are beginning to have understanding and then keep studying the same books while starting a read through the O.T.

Look, even if you have to read a set of verses 50 times to grasp it is ok. Take your time and pray for guidance and the Lord will lead you into the path of truth and righteousness.
 
Hi,
no I don't have a church also no other christians. I used to go to a charismatic church and a house meeting for a few years but it wasn't good for me I also didn't learn anything there. It freaked me out most of the time.

Most churches where I live also don't really believe in healing and I don't think that I agree with their theology. Sitting in a church where I get even more doubts doesn't seem helpful to me.

I emailed churches in my area and asked if they believe in healing and they all replied the same stuff like God can heal but doesn't always do it. But since I am sick and hopeless something like this doesn't help me. I needed a church where they believe in healing. But usually these churches are charismatic and I have made enough bad experiences at charismatic churches. I won't go there again.

As for praising....
this is not easy for me. I'm very depressed. How shall I make myself get into a happy mood where I can praise? And what shall I praise God for? I mean this would feel artificial.
Are you saying that God requires praise otherwise he won't do anything? Do I have to praise Him even if I don't know how or don't feel like it at all in order to earn something?
 
My advise is, to start, find out what His name is. How can you call on the name of the Lord if you don't know what the name is? Keep the Sabbath. You do those 2 things, the rest of it will be more clear, your life will change. Mine did.

Anybody has derogatory statements about what I just said, I could not possibly care less, and that's the beginning of walking with Almighty.
 
Hello, I have been a christian for over 10 years now and never been able to get in touch with God. It's just terrible. I hear all this talk about having a "relationship" with God. What kind of relationship? All I know as a christian is basically:

1)-reading the bible and trying to understand it, which I'm not good at and I usually end up totally frustrated cause I only get questions and can't decide how to interpret a verse or come up with own conclusions and answers to questions like "Does God still heal" or "Does God want to heal"? I am basically always torn between different opinions and cannot decide who is right.

2)-talking to God about my worries and problems (but this also quickly leads to me becoming despaired cause I have many problems and this is also why I wish God would just talk to me or give me some kind of sign which shows me that He's there) In all those years I have basically never been able to get any feedback or sign from God showing me that He's there. I totally suffer from this. And the more despaired my personal situation becomes the more I needed to be able to get in touch with God. I really don't know what to do anymore. I don't even know what to say to God anymore.

How is that a relationship?

My problems are so overwhelming that I am out of words. Even when I try to sit down and "spend time with God" I just dont know what to do or say! I sit there and only become more despaired and think WHY doesn't God do something? Why doesn't He talk to to me or simply give me some kind of sign to help me with my hopelessness? I have tried a lot over the years. I have travelled to ministers for prayer and they prayed and nothing happened and then I went home and was alone again with my questions and my disappointment. I simply don't understand it. Why are there people who get saved and speak in tongues and who are being healed by God and for them everything's good and then there are people like me for whom simply nothing works? I also tried to get healed years ago and it didn't work. For me simply nothing ever worked even though I so wanted to experience God. I thought if I could only be touched by God then everything would be good. But I was never able to. I was given advice like "You have to understand God's love" or "you need a revelation of His love". Great, but how does this help me?

I don't know HOW to get such a revelation! I don't really know how God is. When I read something scary in the NT then I become scared of God. Or when I sin I feel miserable and think that I suck as a christian. I feel guilty most of the time. I don't know what to do anymore. I have listened to so many mp3s about all kinds of topics like hearing God and none of this stuff really helped me. Usually it always comes down to the person needing to have faith and not being allowed to doubt and this is exactly my issue. I struggle with doubts. The more I am told that I need faith and must not doubt the more insecure I become. Nobody understood these issues. I was given advice like I need to read more and proclaim more to build up my faith but this doesn't work. It doesn't help with the doubts at all. The doubts are totally crippling my faith. I dont even know if I still have faith or not. How can I tell if I have faith or not when I feel absolutely nothing and when my mind is empty or confused? These are issues which normal people don't understand. None of the advice help me, like for example "Just tell God all your concerns". I already DID that! How does this help me when I'm despaired and feel like losing my mind cause of all my sorrows?!?

This may seem tough on you but each line of yours is full of "I"..."I"...."I".
"I" needs to die. Dig into HIS Word and learn what HE did for you in Christ Jesus; learn what HE is doing for you in Christ Jesus,; and what HE promises to do for those who are HIS.
Some surgery has to be done and "I" must make room for HIM.
 
I am sorry you are struggling so much right now. Reading the bible can be confusing, if you look at some of the threads on here, you will see a lot of debate about what scripture actually means. Go slow, read verses repeatedly, don't try to take on too much at once. Pray before you start reading, ask God to make the words and their meaning clear to you. Don't be afraid to ask questions here, there are a lot of people who can help you.

You say it is hard for you to pray because you are depressed and cannot make yourself happy enough to give praise. You don't have to be brimming with happiness to pray and give praise. I know it can be hard but, start with the small things. Don't try to force yourself to seem all giddy when you are praying. God already knows your heart, there is nothing you can say that He does not already know. Maybe start with confessing your sins and asking for forgiveness. After that, you will (hopefully) want to thank Him for the good things in your life. I know that after I confess my sins, I am ready to get to some happy prayers.

This may be a stupid question but, do you think you might be putting too much pressure on yourself? If you are already stressed before you start to pray, you are going to get more and more stressed as you attempt to pray. A lot of my prayer is more in the form of a conversation with God. I talk to God a lot while I am driving....I am sure people think I am talking to myself. I also have places I go that I find very peaceful and relaxing (outdoors), it is easier to praise Him while looking at all of the beauty that He created.

I hope that you find some answers here and are able to strengthen your relationship with God. He loves you so much and wants that relationship with you. Open your mind and your heart to Him, don't be embarrassed about praying--He loves to hear from you.

I am praying for you, God Bless.
 
I am sorry for your troubles. You took the time to write a long, very well put togeather letter to us. I hate to be the one to confuse you more. Because the Truth is so important. We all here believe we have the Truth. I started to give just a simple answer. The way you get to God is threw his SON, Jesus. Its the only way John 14:6. While studing the bible read our posts here. It will make you more confused.

There is no healing today. There are Doctors, Hosptials, ect. But, I am talking about Miraculously healed. Jesus would heal people right on the spot. The reason you don't see that is people/man CAN'T do it. You are going to have people say they can heal, even right here, on CC. Ask for proof, healing today, is someone stopped smoking, someone was told they had Cancer and was healed, no proof. People tell the storry so much by the time its get you and me they were stage 4 on their death bed. People want to believe it so bad, and, do it so bad. Ask yourself why was Paul not healed? There are a few sick people in the bible that were not healed.

I am not asking you believe a WORD I say. With out a scripture or common sense. I have 5 years of High School, no College at all. But, I do have a working knowledge of the NT. Study and Read, Do a Study on healing and Baptism. You can go to a KJV web site or NIV, NKJ and do a search of Baptism, Baptize, it will give you every scripture in the bible. Only follow me, as I follow Christ.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It took me three years and some hard work to hear God. First I paired up with a person who heard God very well. I repented for unforgiveness to all those who had harmed me. While I made the list God even showed me some people from way, way back that I should forgive. I wrote down those names and then prayed over each one. I told God I forgive them for what they did and I hold nothing on them or against them. when I was done I felt an amazing peace that lasted 3 days.

I repented for everything I could thing of. Later I repented for seeking out help from the wrong people instead of God. Then God showed me a vision of a honey dabber loaded with honey and the honey was just starting to flow. Since then God speaks to me often, several times a month.

I believe unrepentant or unresolved sin separates us from God and repentance is the antidote. Keep at it, it is worthit and don't listen to the ones who claim God only speaks thru His word. They know nothing else.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My advise is, to start, find out what His name is. How can you call on the name of the Lord if you don't know what the name is? Keep the Sabbath. You do those 2 things, the rest of it will be more clear, your life will change. Mine did.

Anybody has derogatory statements about what I just said, I could not possibly care less, and that's the beginning of walking with Almighty.

I hear God regularly and I have never done any of the things you claim might help this lady. I call God Jesus and often pray to Jesus. I never obey sabbath or mosaic law. Nothing I am saying is derogatory either.
 
I just read your second post. You pray threw Jesus, you can't go to God without him. I just lost a cousin to Cancer, If I knew any place on earth to take him I would have. He taught me so much. We were more like brother than cousins. We are not ment to live forever. Some things caught in time can be fixed. Some things can be slowed down. I understand your problem.

I want you to consider doing what God wants, not what is right for you. I don't like being the one to through a WET towel on anything. We just can't go behon what is written.
 
God loves you and he wants you to love him.
I am not hearing from you any love toward God.
God has a relationship with those who love him. You will not receive anything from God until you fall in love with him.
You say you do not go to church and have no christians around, your isolation from others is not healthy and makes it impossible to love God, because our love of God is expressed primarily from loving one another. You need to get some christians you can love.
Just a thought
 
Hi,
no I don't have a church also no other christians. I used to go to a charismatic church and a house meeting for a few years but it wasn't good for me I also didn't learn anything there. It freaked me out most of the time.

Most churches where I live also don't really believe in healing and I don't think that I agree with their theology. Sitting in a church where I get even more doubts doesn't seem helpful to me.

I emailed churches in my area and asked if they believe in healing and they all replied the same stuff like God can heal but doesn't always do it. But since I am sick and hopeless something like this doesn't help me. I needed a church where they believe in healing. But usually these churches are charismatic and I have made enough bad experiences at charismatic churches. I won't go there again.

As for praising....
this is not easy for me. I'm very depressed. How shall I make myself get into a happy mood where I can praise? And what shall I praise God for? I mean this would feel artificial.
Are you saying that God requires praise otherwise he won't do anything? Do I have to praise Him even if I don't know how or don't feel like it at all in order to earn something?

Maybe you should spend some time in the Testimonies thread on these forums. I've been a Christian for around 18 years and have just had a few odd experiences that were mainly limited to prayer. But I think it's enough to help my faith, keep me going and let me know that God does see us and that he keeps us in mind.

Just as an example, my great aunt was suffering from a disease that was hardening her lungs. She was on oxygen already, and the doctor had said that she just had a few weeks to live. But I prayed for her (and I imagine there were others praying for her as well), and it's been years since then and she's still alive. Not only that but initially she got better. I don't know what condition she's in now, but I know that she is alive. Shortly after this she found out about her Jewish heritage and got interested in the festivals in the Bible. And that's something I already had an interest in at the time even though I didn't know I had a Jewish heritage at that time. We're both believers in Christ.

Other times I've prayed that I would be healed of diabetes, but it's never been done. I don't know why God heals one but not another. But he could very well have his own reasons. I believe if I never had diabetes I probably would've joined the military and been forced to violate the Sabbath. And if there is a war I could very well be drafted as a healthy person without diabetes. So in a society that keeps insulin handy and keeps diabetics out of wars, diabetes can actually keep me safe. So it depends on our different situations and what God wants to prepare you for. I of course have my own beliefs and would recommend them to you. But I know others on these forums do not always share them. I would just say obey God, give him respect and honor in the best way you know how. Get on a schedule with him. Spend time with him. Yes, study the Bible. Try to do it every morning and night. Pray to him about anything and everything. Give tithe to the poor and to the ministry. But be wise about it so that you aren't being scammed. The best times for seeing God are those times when we need him. Then he reveals himself to us to help us. If we never need him, then he never has a reason to help us. So thank God for those moments when no one else helps us so that the only help we can receive must come from the benevolent divine hand. I believe he should act. Talk to him. Preferably audibly. Not for him, because he already knows your heart and your needs. But for yourself.

And God bless, brother
 
Last edited:
First I paired up with a person who heard God very well.

^ I want to echo Danschance's advice here. Jesus sent the disciples out two-by-two. Paul had Barnabas. Paul also went on to mentor Timothy. When we are separated from other believers and isolated unto ourselves we are prone to loneliness and depression. We make ourselves the weak believer leaving an opening for an attack. All of us walk with the faith of Jesus Christ, but sometimes we need the faith of fellow believers to draw closer to His faith. This site is filled with believers who will rightly pair with you!

Samk -- Continue to empty yourself out before the Lord. By empty I mean let go of any "I" or "Me" statements and literally pray, "Less of me Lord, more of You." Jesus never commanded us to love ourselves or pray for ourselves, but to love others and pray for others. Go to the prayer requests forum and spend time praying for the needs of others, and do so routinely. In this way you will be emulating the very faith-filled life of Jesus Christ. You mentioned your interest in healing. There are many brothers and sisters in the Lord who are experiencing difficult seasons, health problems, and straight up spiritual attacks from the opposition. Pray for healing and pray scripture over those on this site who are crying out to God and reaching out to the body for spiritual support. Your identity in Christ is Christ, literally who He is through you. When you are praying, it is Him interceding and petitioning the Father on your behalf. The more you hear less of you and less of the world, the more you will discern God's voice and touch.

Christian Chat is most definitely a representation of the body of Christ. I have no doubt that you will find encouragement from other believers as you read, discuss, and pray alongside the other members here.
 
Dear Samk I am so sorry you have been suffering through such a difficult time. As Christians many of our fears doubts and depression stem from a lot of false doctrine and teachings. Well meaning friends can also offer poor advice. I can tell you in all honesty I have suffered through many of the same issues you are experiencing. By reading your post and considering your situation through prayer asking God to give something to share with you that will bring some relief, I do believe there are answers to your situation.
There is one person above all I have found whose excellent and clear writings can clear up so many of the questions and doubts you have been experiencing. His name is Harry Ironside. On his website is his personal testimony along with many priceless clear teachings on our common faith which brought me much relief and joy. Here is his website simply copy and paste into your browser(or click on). Harry A. Ironside Bible teacher, pastor, author - Christian Biography Resources

Remember Samk faith is not a feeling as feelings are subject to our wild ups and downs. Fling your feelings and fears overboard and by a simple act of faith choose to take God at His word. After all who else can we trust? We know God never lies to us and would never tell us He would save us if He didn't intend to do just that.
Before I go I would like to ask you some very simple questions and please answer each one out loud to God.
Do you believe Jesus dies for YOUR sins?
Do you believe Jesus was buried?
Do you believe that on the third day Jesus rose from the grave?
If your answer to these questions is yes I believe; then according to Gods word, yes you have faith, yes you are born again, yes you are perfected forever in Jesus Christ.
 
Last edited:
Christianity is not a set of rules. It is a relationship between you and God. A constant conversation through prayers. Could be arrow prayers, free talks prayers, reading the bible and meditating on what you've read as in what does it mean to you? how do you relate to it? how do you feel about what you've read? And so on so forth.
It's a strong n' deep desire to be in the presence of God who loves you more than anyone in this whole world. :)




Hello, I have been a christian for over 10 years now and never been able to get in touch with God. It's just terrible. I hear all this talk about having a "relationship" with God. What kind of relationship? All I know as a christian is basically:

1)-reading the bible and trying to understand it, which I'm not good at and I usually end up totally frustrated cause I only get questions and can't decide how to interpret a verse or come up with own conclusions and answers to questions like "Does God still heal" or "Does God want to heal"? I am basically always torn between different opinions and cannot decide who is right.

2)-talking to God about my worries and problems (but this also quickly leads to me becoming despaired cause I have many problems and this is also why I wish God would just talk to me or give me some kind of sign which shows me that He's there) In all those years I have basically never been able to get any feedback or sign from God showing me that He's there. I totally suffer from this. And the more despaired my personal situation becomes the more I needed to be able to get in touch with God. I really don't know what to do anymore. I don't even know what to say to God anymore.

How is that a relationship?

My problems are so overwhelming that I am out of words. Even when I try to sit down and "spend time with God" I just dont know what to do or say! I sit there and only become more despaired and think WHY doesn't God do something? Why doesn't He talk to to me or simply give me some kind of sign to help me with my hopelessness? I have tried a lot over the years. I have travelled to ministers for prayer and they prayed and nothing happened and then I went home and was alone again with my questions and my disappointment. I simply don't understand it. Why are there people who get saved and speak in tongues and who are being healed by God and for them everything's good and then there are people like me for whom simply nothing works? I also tried to get healed years ago and it didn't work. For me simply nothing ever worked even though I so wanted to experience God. I thought if I could only be touched by God then everything would be good. But I was never able to. I was given advice like "You have to understand God's love" or "you need a revelation of His love". Great, but how does this help me?

I don't know HOW to get such a revelation! I don't really know how God is. When I read something scary in the NT then I become scared of God. Or when I sin I feel miserable and think that I suck as a christian. I feel guilty most of the time. I don't know what to do anymore. I have listened to so many mp3s about all kinds of topics like hearing God and none of this stuff really helped me. Usually it always comes down to the person needing to have faith and not being allowed to doubt and this is exactly my issue. I struggle with doubts. The more I am told that I need faith and must not doubt the more insecure I become. Nobody understood these issues. I was given advice like I need to read more and proclaim more to build up my faith but this doesn't work. It doesn't help with the doubts at all. The doubts are totally crippling my faith. I dont even know if I still have faith or not. How can I tell if I have faith or not when I feel absolutely nothing and when my mind is empty or confused? These are issues which normal people don't understand. None of the advice help me, like for example "Just tell God all your concerns". I already DID that! How does this help me when I'm despaired and feel like losing my mind cause of all my sorrows?!?
 
A proper start would be the opposite of this:

Isayah 59:1-4, "Behold, Yahweh's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; nor His ear heavy, that it cannot hear. But your own iniquities have separated you from your Father; and your own sins have caused Him to hide His face from you, so He will not listen. For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; sin. Your lips have spoken lies, your tongue has muttered perverseness. No one calls for justice, nor does any plead for truth. They trust in vanity; and speak lies. They conceive mischief and give birth to evil;"
 
Galatians 2:16 knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

Hebrews 9:22 According to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission.
In this manner are the saints purified. By the precious shed blood of Jesus Christ !

Revelation 14:12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] and remain faithful to Jesus.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What book did you get your bazaar translation of Revelation 14:12 from? [/FONT]
 
Galatians 2:16 knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

Hebrews 9:22 According to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission.
In this manner are the saints purified. By the precious shed blood of Jesus Christ !

Revelation 14:12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands and remain faithful to Jesus.

What book did you get your bazaar translation of Revelation 14:12 from?

Revelation 14:12, "In this manner are the saints purified--by keeping the Laws of Yahweh, in conformity with the faith in Yahshua Messiah."

1785. entolé
Definition: an ordinance, injunction, command, law.

If you are talking about the names, it is Yahweh and Yahshua being talked about here, those are their real names.
 
Galatians 2:16 knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

Hebrews 9:22 According to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission.
In this manner are the saints purified. By the precious shed blood of Jesus Christ !

Revelation 14:12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands and remain faithful to Jesus.

What book did you get your bazaar translation of Revelation 14:12 from?

I have suggested he use standard English nomenclature in reference to scripture and he got offended. Now I mostly chose to ignore his posts when he uses names I do not understand. It is a strange "translation" as it uses hebrew words in the NT which was written in Greek and that's why I find it hard to trust.