How do you know that God is speaking to you?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
This is my reply letter from my beloved Director friend of my local (Christian) Healing Rooms.

'Hi Princess Julie[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal][FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Tahoma,sans-serif]First of all I am no expert on the subject, I do not have any qualifications whatsoever, and you must understand that what I am saying is based on what I have read in the Bible.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal][FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Tahoma,sans-serif]Firstly we do hear the voice of Beloved Jesus. He says, “My sheep hear my voice.” He also said “The voice of a stranger they will not follow.” So some of the voices you hear could be from sources other than Jesus. We are also warned against communicating with the spirits of the dead. As you would recall, Saul was given that warning.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal][FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Tahoma,sans-serif]So I would say, “Listen to Beloved Jesus, and have nothing else to do with other voices. Jesus will tell you the truth, He will bless and lift up. He will tell of the Father, and all He says will agree with what God says in His Word. Jesus said, “I say only what I hear My Father speak.” The enemy can quote scripture too, as we know, but what Jesus says will always be edifying and building up.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal][FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Tahoma,sans-serif]I hope this helps, but you need to ask Holy Spirit for yourself, and He will show you from His Word.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal][FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Tahoma,sans-serif]With love and blessings[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif].............[/FONT]
 
Dearest beloved Princess .........,


I wrote this in my true life story in my blog.



Have you ever felt so spiritual, that you could see and hear a myriad of things from the spiritual realm. My father described me as having a delusion of being ' an institutor of spiritual things' or ' an arbitrator of spiritual things'. Although, I don't suffer from delusions my Psychologist wrote in her report. Best description is a kind of spiritual schizophrenia, psychic attack or a form of spiritual malaise.
But it was really true, I could hear Beloved Jesus and demons and dearly departed Saints like Saint Therese and felt like I was channeling to famous celebrities.




Please kindly tell me your thoughts on the subject. Much love and blessings,
Julie
 
Dear Princess.............,I would just like to mention, that I have never done witchcraft or channeling myself, and I have always been a good faithful loving servant of Beloved Jesus. I have never done wiggi board or tarot card and I have never communicated with spirits of the dead and never practised channeling spirits. And Beloved Jesus has given words of knowledge to the church elders at the Brisbane and my local Healing Rooms through the church elders to tell me. Also, I have had words from Jesus myself. However, my mother consulted psychics regularly in the past and I presumed that there were familiar spirits from her sin causing me to have psychic attack and have premonitions and hear clairaudiently sometimes. But I'm not sure, sometimes the penial gland at the back of the head is more open with some people and they can hear from the spiritual realm I was told. I try never to see psychics myself. I am a good living Christian and have heard from Jesus.


Love you dearly. I try so hard, praying to the father and I have never been involved in the occult. Love you dearly.

Loving regards,
Julie
 
When He speaks, it is according to His Word.
As one learns His Word, His voice becomes more apparent than the false voices beckoning our attention.
Too many are wandering off on their own listening to the wrong voice, thinking it is God's.
 
Thanks dear crossnote for your reply and elaborating here.
I have been told that I hear from Beloved Jesus by my Acting- Chaplain friend and my beloved Director friend of my local Healing Rooms, where we received a few words of knowledge from Beloved Jesus to tell me. I was also told by the church elder that certain people can hear both Jesus and the enemy too sometimes.

Remember the story of the Demoniac man that was possessed by legions of demons. Jesus healed him and sent the demons into the pigs and they fell off the cliff and drowned and all the village people heard the demons shriek and some of their voices.

I have had schizophrenia and I have a close intimate relationship with Beloved Jesus. As I said why would Jesus give words of knowledge to the church elders to tell me at the Healing Rooms if I was not a beloved disciple. In one of the words of knowledge Beloved Jesus called me his Precious child, after answering my prayers, so I know I am loved by Father God and all my life I have been a humble faithful servant. I was taught by nuns at a convent college.

Here is the word of knowledge proof on the board at the Healing Rooms that Beloved Jesus told the church elders to tell me. It is there with the other miracle and healing testimonies.Jesus gives a word of knowledge to church elder at healing rooms to tell me.jpg

God bless all
 
Moreover, sometimes it can be that still gentle and loving voice, but you hear God through reading His Word in the Holy Bible and sometimes He can speak directly to your heart.

Some scriptures that pertain to this:
https://www.openbible.info/topics/hearing_god
Yes, God can and does speak directly to our hearts...but so does the enemy who can come to us as an angel of light, that is why it is so important to know His Word so we can tell the difference.
 
.
The first time the Lord spoke to me it was
as I sat in a church seeking some semblance of truth. The Truth revealed itself to me, though not in words and yet quite unmistakably, imparting knowledge of God's unconditional love for me and His forgiveness of all I had done. That was a cherished experience, yet I was rebellious toward God at that time in my life. Having been brought up in a religious but lost system, I was running from that God, and from religion, and tradition, and I continued to seek love in the world from those who even rejected and despised me, and those who used and abused me. Yes, I was a fool many times over, but God understood my all and everything, He knew the reasons why and where my seeking escape from the pain and suffering in the world had taken me, and how broken I was because of it. Still He waited for me to turn to Him while I was busy looking elsewhere, looking in the "spiritual but not religious" corner, where I was quite busy for many years, until my very soul was imperiled. Again God extended Himself to me and put a call on my life, this time once more revealing Himself quite unmistakably by speaking to me audibly; I heard Him say to me, "Put this down." Hearing from God while you are denying His existence is quite a shocking experience for the psyche to try to integrate, and yet once again every fiber in my being knew it was God speaking to me even as my mind tried to rationalize the experience elsewise. I wish I could say I was one of the wise ones who never ran from God but the truth of the matter is that I ran from God most of my life, and did not surrender to Him until I was almost fifty years old. God speaks in love to us.
 
Yes dear beloved Magenta, God loves all His children and even the lost lambsies he goes after to save, as they are precious to Him when tending to His flock. You are His precious lambsy. I love the parable of the 'Lost Sheep' Jesus tells. Even our thoughts can stray like a lost sheep and Jesus will go after them and try and save us from them if they are bad thoughts. Furthermore, you are right, Jesus speaks in a love that is like the joy and peace He gives, which surpasses all understanding. Jesus spoke to me the other night and lovingly disciplined me even, but I've had years of mental abuse from a parent sadly, and was a little confused and irrational for a moment ....but he understands everything, and forgives our sin when we confess. I have an even temperament and gentle, loving sweet demeanour normally.
.
The first time the Lord spoke to me it was
as I sat in a church seeking some semblance of truth. The Truth revealed itself to me, though not in words and yet quite unmistakably, imparting knowledge of God's unconditional love for me and His forgiveness of all I had done. That was a cherished experience, yet I was rebellious toward God at that time in my life. Having been brought up in a religious but lost system, I was running from that God, and from religion, and tradition, and I continued to seek love in the world from those who even rejected and despised me, and those who used and abused me. Yes, I was a fool many times over, but God understood my all and everything, He knew the reasons why and where my seeking escape from the pain and suffering in the world had taken me, and how broken I was because of it. Still He waited for me to turn to Him while I was busy looking elsewhere, looking in the "spiritual but not religious" corner, where I was quite busy for many years, until my very soul was imperiled. Again God extended Himself to me and put a call on my life, this time once more revealing Himself quite unmistakably by speaking to me audibly; I heard Him say to me, "Put this down." Hearing from God while you are denying His existence is quite a shocking experience for the psyche to try to integrate, and yet once again every fiber in my being knew it was God speaking to me even as my mind tried to rationalize the experience elsewise. I wish I could say I was one of the wise ones who never ran from God but the truth of the matter is that I ran from God most of my life, and did not surrender to Him until I was almost fifty years old. God speaks in love to us.
 
.
Little lambsie, that is sweet, your words move my spirit and
touch my hope in Him, affirming the love He has for us, and that which we desire to extend to others in His name because of what He has done for us. Thank you very much, and welcome to CC! May God continue to richly bless you :)

welcome.gif

maryhadalittlelamb.jpg



 
yes my dear beautiful friend Magenta, you move me with your words and you have a gift for writing and you have so many gifts from Father God. He is the perfect father it says in scripture and He lavishes His love on us. Yes I love Jesus words' where He lovingly says to one Disciple To remember to ' feed His Flock'......feed the people the word of God lol while He goes to ascend into heaven to sit at the right hand side of Father God on His throne, praying and interceding for all His beloved lambsies.

10710706_589115714568339_3337422684114858584_n.jpg
 
How do you know it's the Lord speaking to you?

I have heard Beloved Jesus at times.View attachment 145658

My Pastor gave a sermon on this very topic, this is from my notes:
Hearing God's Voice
1. The impressions, the heart leanings, the urgings and the thoughts that we have that are consistent with scripture. (God will never tell you something that's contrary to his written words.)
2. Tested by reasons (God will never tell you to do something stupid like jumping off a building. His instructions are always consistent with his will and his creations.)
3. Clearly manifesting in you circumstances (You will start seeing evidences of what he is saying in your circumstances.)
4. Redemptive in your life and the lives of others
 
How do you know it's the Lord speaking to you?

I have heard Beloved Jesus at times.
I think we spend out entire lives trying to better understand what the Lord is saying to us. Part of the problem is that he knows a lot more than we do, so it's difficult to anticipate what he's going to say. What he says to us, however, will be consistent with what Jesus says in the four gospels in the Bible. He's always trying to guide us, so expect him to talk to you quite a lot.
 
...How do you know that God is speaking to you?..

1Kings 19v11,12:

" Then He said, "Go out, and stand on the mountain before the Lord." And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice."

The Lord speaks to us, ever so gently and lovingly, even if He is rebuking us, it will always be in a gentle manner!

If you hear a hard, jarring, condemning voice, this is NOT the Lord, it will be the enemy!

You should find This very short study helpful...
 
''One thing I’ve observed is that we often expect God to speak in the grandiose voice of God. And, sometimes God speaks that way, but many times — at least in my life — God is more subtle than that. Often God speaks through those quiet moments, through other people, and through ordinary life’s circumstances.''

1511250_324820884332595_2941465808811114904_n.jpg
 
I know if it is him speaking when my heart and my spirit resonate with his voice. The trick is knowing his voice
 
https://www.openbible.info/topics/hearing_god

I think most people can hear God speak through reading His Word in the Holy Bible.

I hear Beloved Jesus tell me once after discussing my fathers adultery and man's affairs and infidelities and how a good man should treat his partner. The good Lord Jesus told me ' A man should always pray in secret for His wife.' And Jesus is always praying and interceding for us all. Dear Lord help me spread your fragrance, wherever, I may go! Significantly, it tells us in the Bible. that Jesus is the Bridegroom, and His Bride is the Believer or the Church and Jesus will come for His Bride in the second coming.