How do you meet other Christian women during Covid?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
amen

a zoom meeting is not a place to check out the ladies.

Usually when christian women are at a meeting, they are there to do (our Father's) business not check out the men lol.

Also, if you really do want to take over and make scones for a hundred people you are welcome, it doesnt always have to be the single women who make the morning tea.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
How do you meet other single Christian women? I am old-fashioned and I prefer to meet people in person. I don't want to download dating apps and meet my next girlfriend because she "swiped right". Any ideas? Even my Church meets in person on Sundays but small groups are still online.
Depends on where you live. Here in AZ, there are not as many restrictions as there are in other states, like CA or NY. My church meets in person every week.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
well just got invited to a christian womens conference
Of course...you have to be a women to be invited
but if you a man, you could help with the heavy lifting? tables and chairs? or the clean up afterwards? Any spare scones would defintiely go to you.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
How do you meet other single Christian women? I am old-fashioned and I prefer to meet people in person. I don't want to download dating apps and meet my next girlfriend because she "swiped right". Any ideas? Even my Church meets in person on Sundays but small groups are still online.
Move to a more conservative state.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Doesn't work. I'm in Tennessee. 43 and still single.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
As I scan through all these posts...
I'm going to agree with the ones that tell you to "get a life"... LoL

By that I mean find some group activities to engage in that are of mixed genders...this can be an altruistic group or strictly recreational...everything from airplane to zoo... anything that you can find an interest in. Of course small group bible study with other singles is good too.
(I used to be a member of 5 different churches singles groups)

But this way you can have a chance to meet and get to know people before you "ask her out" and be a friend. Single women are forever trying to get a handy guy to help them with automobiles or house maintenance or something...

And remember...you can chase the women all you want until one of them catches you. Single sincere christian men are an extremely rare commodity...lots more Christian women than men. Just saying... you are a unicorn...a mythological creature that is talked about but never seen.

So you can be extremely patient and picky. Don't even have to flirt. Just be charming and approachable...be careful with those women who do flirt. They usually are hiding something.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
oh well that conference probably wont happen now cos of covid but it just means will be delayed and the friend that invited me said we'll just try and do soemthing else when get out of lockdown.
We keep in touch by phone

anyway. If you want to deliver groceries for women that really would be something we appreciate! if you leave flowers sure, then we might go..wonder who is leaving flowers at our doorsteps, must be a man..maybe this man wants to meet up after we get out of quarantine?

(not that women dont give each other flowers as well, but usually we tell each other)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
And you have lockdowns and restrictions in TN??
No lockdowns whatsoever where I live in NE Tennessee. Not a big mask wearing area either. Trump seems to still be very popular here.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
No lockdowns whatsoever where I live in NE Tennessee. Not a big mask wearing area either. Trump seems to still be very popular here.
And you're still having trouble meeting women.

I'm having the same trouble, and I can attribute any number of possibilities to it. But, I think the primary reason is God. No, I'm not so overpoweringly sexy that only divine intervention can keep the ladies at bay, but I do think that wanting a wife is an idol, and God doesn't like idols.

This sucks for me, because I'm not getting any prettier, and time is running out. But, no one can move God's foot when it's planted on you.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

I'm having the same trouble, and I can attribute any number of possibilities to it. But, I think the primary reason is God. No, I'm not so overpoweringly sexy that only divine intervention can keep the ladies at bay, but I do think that wanting a wife is an idol, and God doesn't like idols.

This sucks for me, because I'm not getting any prettier, and time is running out. But, no one can move God's foot when it's planted on you.
No no no, tourist already met his woman.

Me, I'm just not trying. If my life ain't broke I don't wanna fix it, and I like my life pretty well right now.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

No, I'm not having any trouble meeting women because I am happily married and not looking. Nothing spiritually wrong with a man desiring a wife, or a woman desiring a husband.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Find other associations/in person activities. Be super extraverted at a grocery store or bookstore and ask for numbers.

Girls are not used to a guy just throwing down and asking them out. It kinda shocks them in a good way.

It's more scattershot, but Christians are everywhere.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
No, I'm not having any trouble meeting women because I am happily married and not looking. Nothing spiritually wrong with a man desiring a wife, or a woman desiring a husband.
Ahh.. gotcha. Good for you :)

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Find other associations/in person activities. Be super extraverted at a grocery store or bookstore and ask for numbers.

Girls are not used to a guy just throwing down and asking them out. It kinda shocks them in a good way.

It's more scattershot, but Christians are everywhere.
I was told today, in a rather heated conversation with a sister in Christ, that no woman's going to agree to go out with a stranger. She also told me that not having any male friends makes me look desperate, and so a woman would not be drawn to me because of that, too. I lost my temper with her because she basically painted me into a corner, saying nothing helpful.

But I digress.

Yes, I agree with you, though that (and every other thing I've tried) has not worked out for me.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
I was told today, in a rather heated conversation with a sister in Christ, that no woman's going to agree to go out with a stranger. She also told me that not having any male friends makes me look desperate, and so a woman would not be drawn to me because of that, too. I lost my temper with her because she basically painted me into a corner, saying nothing helpful.

But I digress.

Yes, I agree with you, though that (and every other thing I've tried) has not worked out for me.
Yeah...
But in a way she proves a great point..."don't date complete strangers."

It's very scary out there for men. So don't date strange women you know nothing about. Gaslighting, false accusers, and gold diggers are everywhere and they are going to especially target Christian men because of our morality. We tend to have white knight syndrome and a desire to prove our morality. That makes us targets for certain predatory women. (It's not like they have neon signs and flashing "danger" signs above their heads)

Christian single men are an extremely small group in every country and area. Christian single women outnumber the men something like 10-1. And as you climb up in age brackets it gets worse.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
In my apartment complex people are meeting up at the pool and by walking their pet dogs. (For whatever reason single women have pet dogs)
And I see them talking all the time to strangers unless they are in a hurry somewhere and their dog needs walking too.

My wife and I met online...which is really not a good idea ever. I don't want to think about those nightmare stories I can tell.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
My wife and I met online...which is really not a good idea ever. I don't want to think about those nightmare stories I can tell.
Shhh! Don't tell tourist those stories. He and his met online and they're still happy.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
People say they don't date strangers, but this is invariably untrue. They almost exclusively date strangers because we live in a world with almost too many options. Men and women typically have their minds made up about someone in the first few minutes of meeting them.

If you fail to make the cut then, you almost never will.

So yes, I am calling the woman's bluff. This may have been true in the 50's, but it is not true now.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
That said, collect a few male friends if for no other reason than that they are nice to have. I am so glad to have my wolf pack.