How do you stay close to God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CamilaAy

Aug 7, 2016
Hi! I've been stuggling to put God first in my life, although I'm trying, and this has led me to feel away from God, which is not a good thing right now. I know that faith has nothing to do with "feeling close to God", but I think being close to Him is incredibly important.
I can't go to church and don't have any Christians friends to share my faith with, so I've always tried to study the Bible, pray, listen to worship songs, watch youtube videos and so on.
However, I want to know, what do you do in order to stay close to God?

J

joefizz

Hi! I've been stuggling to put God first in my life, although I'm trying, and this has led me to feel away from God, which is not a good thing right now. I know that faith has nothing to do with "feeling close to God", but I think being close to Him is incredibly important.
I can't go to church and don't have any Christians friends to share my faith with, so I've always tried to study the Bible, pray, listen to worship songs, watch youtube videos and so on.
However, I want to know, what do you do in order to stay close to God?
To be closer to God some of the ways I've found the most helpful have been not just to put God first,but trust him and not dwell on the past,try to keep from sinful behaviour where you can like for instance I no longer cuss,and also prayer humbly and sincerely brings you close to him too,there are other ways but I'll leave room for others to give advice to you,hope this helps!

J

joefizz

To be closer to God some of the ways I've found the most helpful have been not just to put God first,but trust him and not dwell on the past,try to keep from sinful behaviour where you can like for instance I no longer cuss,and also prayer humbly and sincerely brings you close to him too,there are other ways but I'll leave room for others to give advice to you,hope this helps!
Oops,I responded to a teens forum post,sorry about that moderators I was clicking from the main menu and didn't realize until now,I know the rules I'm 25 and it says clearly in the rules to not post in teens forum if you are an adult,please accept my apology and I suppose delete my posts in this thread,sorry to trouble you with such an error...

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
I would also like to know im in a very similar situation not being in a Church cuz most of them are terrible down here just religious people.

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
For the most part i would say renew the mind to God living within you, and that the old you is dead, and that you are a new creation in Christ is probably one of the more important things to focus on... A lot of people are insecure and unsure about their position in Christ because they don't renew their minds to the truth, so one day they think God loves them, and the next if they screw up they think He hates them, when that is so far from the truth.

A few other things that help.
pray often while being completely transparent with God, hide nothing from Him keep it all out there in the open.
Know that God lives within you.. Luke 17:21
read the bible sometimes and learn what He says and thinks about you according to Jesus Christ in the book of Matthew.
Integrate the truth of God and his promises into daily life, not just confess it and keep it in the bible, but actually live it and walk it out in faith.
Meditate on the word of God, take time to let things sink in
also speaking over yourself and problems what God says.
I could make this list really long but i just want to keep it simple. These are just some of the things i do.

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
For the most part i would say renew the mind to God living within you, and that the old you is dead, and that you are a new creation in Christ is probably one of the more important things to focus on... A lot of people are insecure and unsure about their position in Christ because they don't renew their minds to the truth, so one day they think God loves them, and the next if they screw up they think He hates them, when that is so far from the truth.

A few other things that help.
pray often while being completely transparent with God, hide nothing from Him keep it all out there in the open.
Know that God lives within you.. Luke 17:21
read the bible sometimes and learn what He says and thinks about you according to Jesus Christ in the book of Matthew.
Integrate the truth of God and his promises into daily life, not just confess it and keep it in the bible, but actually live it and walk it out in faith.
Meditate on the word of God, take time to let things sink in
also speaking over yourself and problems what God says.
I could make this list really long but i just want to keep it simple. These are just some of the things i do.
Ok.... Truuuu here's a cookie sir cx. Nah but fr much appreciated for the help im sure you helped a lot of people.

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
Ok.... Truuuu here's a cookie sir cx. Nah but fr much appreciated for the help im sure you helped a lot of people.
Thanks and no problem, there are many other ways though, and people have different opinions so there will always be different suggestions... and yea i know what you mean about religious people lol, but not all churches are bad though.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Oops,I responded to a teens forum post,sorry about that moderators I was clicking from the main menu and didn't realize until now,I know the rules I'm 25 and it says clearly in the rules to not post in teens forum if you are an adult,please accept my apology and I suppose delete my posts in this thread,sorry to trouble you with such an error...

The rule about adults staying out of Teens is specific to the chat rooms not forums. In reality that issue was solved several years ago with a programming modification to chat that kept non teen profiles from being able to access the Teen room.

May 2, 2017
This is a question i struggled with for a long time and still struggle with every now and then. it's a bit of a long explanation. Would it be ok if we talked on messenger, or hangouts or if you are online, then on the ChristianChat rooms instead of the forums?

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
This is a question i struggled with for a long time and still struggle with every now and then. it's a bit of a long explanation. Would it be ok if we talked on messenger, or hangouts or if you are online, then on the ChristianChat rooms instead of the forums?
sure i am usually in the random room chat room, or you could just message me